Football Manager 2009

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Football Manager 2009

Post by arsenalfc08 »

This will be the official thread. The game comes out next week, I believe its the 14th for Europe and the 18th for the US. I'm pre-ordering my game, and hopefully it will get here soon (i'm thinking maybe around the 21st or so depending on what shipping I choose). I actually have an exam on the 20th so i'm hoping it gets here after, that way I won't waste my time playing LOL.

The demo is great. The 3d is amazing, and they now have press conferences. It's a great addition because you can now add your own typed comments along with your selected multiple choice answer.

Well I love the game but it is frusterating. My team that I started with Farsley Celtic are horrible (and thats putting it nicely). They can't pass to save their lives or defend. I spent most of the time trying to find some decent players to bring in but it isn't working too well. Oh well, thats how it goes.
tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic »

ok,tell me about this football manager,tell me all the important things and tell why its better than fifa(specifically fifas manager mode) and u said they cant pass to save their lives or defend,im guessing that u are just the manager and u dont get to play u watch your team play
Oh crap,missed me bus!!
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

I like it because it is more indepth and more realistic imo. You don't get to control the players but I like it that way. Transfers and loans are more realistic, and sometimes you have to deal with work permits (if you manage in england).

In england you can play with teams below the football league (conference).

You have reserve and youth teams. You can pick who you want to play during pre-season and if its a big club you get lots of revenue from gate receipts.

It's not like in fifa where you can pretty much buy any player, sometimes a team may accept your bid but the player won't want to come. You really have to watch the bank account and your match results or you will be fired quick.

You can make a manager and either choose your team to play with or you can start unemployed and apply for jobs, but your not always guaranteed one, since you won't have that much experience. You can also pick your experience ranging from sunday league player to national player, this can help you in getting jobs when you start unemployed.
tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic »

sounds nice,ill take a look at it
Oh crap,missed me bus!!
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

tevezaholic wrote:sounds nice,ill take a look at it
Its a good game. Fifa is fun when I feel like controling the players but Football Manager is the closest thing you can get to being a real manager imo.
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev »

I still have not seen the required specs to run FM09. My PC is too old for this, I think. Time for overhaul!

Reviews and screenshots are much appreciated.
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

I haven't gotten the game yet, it should be here on Wednesday/Thursday.

FM is getting slammed because of this activation stuff. A lot of people can't even play the game because they get the activation to work. The activation code isn't readible because some dumbass made the 0's and O's look the same.

There are 3 ways to activate.

1. use the phone activation. People who have tried this say they can't get to hte last step and hte phone lines are either busy or don't work at all.

2. use the internet and steam. This is the root of the problems. People are complaining that the activation code is invalid. Tons of problems.

3. use the internet and uniloc. People who have done this had no problems. A lot of people used steam because the updates would automatically be downloaded, but steam is causing a lot of problems.

Then theres some people who get the game to install/work and have the game crash.
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev »

arsenalfc08 wrote:I haven't gotten the game yet, it should be here on Wednesday/Thursday.

FM is getting slammed because of this activation stuff. A lot of people can't even play the game because they get the activation to work. The activation code isn't readible because some dumbass made the 0's and O's look the same.

There are 3 ways to activate.

1. use the phone activation. People who have tried this say they can't get to hte last step and hte phone lines are either busy or don't work at all.

2. use the internet and steam. This is the root of the problems. People are complaining that the activation code is invalid. Tons of problems.

3. use the internet and uniloc. People who have done this had no problems. A lot of people used steam because the updates would automatically be downloaded, but steam is causing a lot of problems.

Then theres some people who get the game to install/work and have the game crash.
My god! Starting to sound like some kind of Adobe product!
ronaldoR7

Post by ronaldoR7 »

arsenal what team are you atm mind giving a screenshot ill can give you a ss of my chelsea squad
evolutionr91

Post by evolutionr91 »

I have FM09 for mac its pretty good. Got it off torrents the install easy as pie for mac compared to the pc version.
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

evolutionr91 wrote:I have FM09 for mac its pretty good. Got it off torrents the install easy as pie for mac compared to the pc version.
You couldn't buy a legal copy? Come on man.
KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 »

whats the difference between Football manager 2009, and World Wide Soccer Manager 2009, like game play wise are they exactly the same?

because if they are the same, and just the name is different im gunna get worldwide soccer manager cause its cheaper...

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

KoNJa04 wrote:whats the difference between Football manager 2009, and World Wide Soccer Manager 2009, like game play wise are they exactly the same?

because if they are the same, and just the name is different im gunna get worldwide soccer manager cause its cheaper...
Nothing except some language. Football is called soccer in WWSM. Football manager is released in Europe, World Wide Soccer Manager is released in the US.
KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Post by KoNJa04 »

k well ima get WWSM just cause of the price, id rather hear it be called football but if it saves me $20 then soccer it is :P

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

KoNJa04 wrote:k well ima get WWSM just cause of the price, id rather hear it be called football but if it saves me $20 then soccer it is :P
You can change the language in the game. Its probably so cheap because the 2010 release will be out in a few months.