What's Up Everyone?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Icy
Veteran Member

What's Up Everyone?

Post by Icy » 18 Sep 2008, 22:40

Thought I'd just stop in and see how everyone's been doing.

Even though I don't really visit here much I am still playing soccer. I didn't get to try out for my college team this year because I broke my collarbone over the summer. From what I've seen (and the people I've played with) I am easily skilled enough. The thing lacking though is fitness due to being out for so long! Oh well, there is always next year.

Currently I play intramurals because it is my only option to play soccer right now. Not sure how long I will continue though because it is really a joke. Every game I have atleast a few assists and a hat trick, while just trying out new things!

What's new on here? I probably won't check up here much but it would be nice to know what has changed.

I'm thinking about writing some type of conditioning "article" for here soon. We'll see though because it is rather hectic with college now!

I don't know, just kind of updating everyone...
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 19 Sep 2008, 00:42

Yes please, conditioning be worth my time soon :P

Anyways (from a member's POV), it's nice to know you're getting better and better. It's been the same around here, not too many new faces but everyone's starting to get better and better and also are better members too :wink:

Come more often you're always welcome in my books :D

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 20 Sep 2008, 14:06

We'll see about the article because like I said I am busy with college now. But whenever I have free time that's not spent with soccer I will try to slowly type up something. :P

Kind of sucks that there isn't a lot of new members truthfully. That's what makes places interesting! Atleast the group of people that are here aren't bad people.

And, I doubt I will be coming completely back. As I keep saying, I am just too busy and truthfully a lot of the information (when I was here) just keeps getting spit back out. After a while it becomes more of a chore (by searching a lot) to read valuable information.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 20 Sep 2008, 17:47

Hey I'm new!
Glad to have you back, even though I was never around before you left...it seems you used to be a prominent EF user back in the day. Hopefully you find a little time to post stuff.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 22 Sep 2008, 01:19

Nat_H wrote:Hey I'm new!
Glad to have you back, even though I was never around before you left...it seems you used to be a prominent EF user back in the day. Hopefully you find a little time to post stuff.
*Cough* 592 does not equal new *coughcough*.

He was a very good member though. Taught me everything I know :wink:

Anyways, Icy, I agree with you in terms of the skill stuff that alot of the information is just circulating over and over again from old members to new members to newer members and so on, but I guess if you're patient, you always find posts that are almost ALWAYS productive from users/mods such as S4L, NewBornProdigy, Rome_Leader, Hugh, etc. Up to you though, I'll be looking forward to seeing what you have to offer as "valuable information" :wink:

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 12 Oct 2008, 19:37

Kakasgotskillz, any suggestions for a conditioning article? I think I am going to try to make a short 500 word article a week (we'll see with college, haha) revolving around a specific topic. I have many ideas for what I could do but why not make sure my first one\few are more useful to people.

Open for suggestions from anyone else also.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 13 Oct 2008, 02:57

Well you can use your past footballing history to build up a good running routine, involving aerobic and anaerobic exercising to promote endurance, speed, and speed-endurance (speed-endurance is good because there's not much info here about speed-endurance training).

SteveF
New User

Post by SteveF » 13 Oct 2008, 11:12

a good bit on stamina and areobic vs anareobic training would be sweet

no one has really done a good one on that
"There's no point living, if you can't feel alive"

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 13 Oct 2008, 14:52

I would be interested in something like 'How I Got Fit - My Story' as an opening article to whatever series you have in mind. Rather than talking about specific topics right away, I would be interested to know about other mental and physical struggles and how you overcame them. Obviously that's not going to be 500 words, but from what I've read and concluded, you're one of the most fit players on here and we can all learn from you in more ways than just the facts you provide.

I think developing as a player it is important to have the facts, but more important to get advice from a mentor and their experiences.

Thanks, and I'll definitely be reading! :wink:

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 13 Oct 2008, 15:12

Hah S4L you don't even have one of those yet and your already asking him to write out his life story for you :wink:

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 13 Oct 2008, 21:53

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Hah S4L you don't even have one of those yet and your already asking him to write out his life story for you :wink:
I like reading life stories :P

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 18 Oct 2008, 14:23

Soccer4Life wrote:
Kakasgotskillz wrote:Hah S4L you don't even have one of those yet and your already asking him to write out his life story for you :wink:
I like reading life stories :P
and I thought girls that age liked readin sappy long romance novels..I mean, I did catch a girl reading erotica in class at that age..

Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy » 14 Nov 2008, 16:15

I'm sorry that I haven't been around to do what I said I would. It's funny, about a week before writing this I was sure I'd have time to write some articles but boy was I wrong. That next week I began to get flooded with homework. I can't say I had "no free time" but that was spent playing soccer (obviously!). Guess I'll just update you on how I've been....if anyone cares.

So, I've managed to screw up my left knee but it's not bad enough to have to do nothing so I am continuing to play soccer. Only another week until my doctors appointment, and I hope nothing is seriously wrong!

I've also started to play pick-up games of indoor soccer with my colleges soccer team this week. It is probably close to the most fun I've ever had. Not only that but the other day their coach showed up and started asking their players about me. :)

It's quite the complement, granted it's a D3 school but I've only been playing for 2 years. Not only that but it seems like I've gained the other players respect in only 2 games because any time I see them around campus they'll talk to me about joining next year.

Nothing else is really new though. I plan to tryout for a PDL team about 3 hours from me in Vermont this summer. That'll be a lot of fun. Let's hope I can just stay free of injury until then. :lol:

Eh, back to school work, have a good one guys.