Football Manager 08

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Zlatan5 wrote:I predict a quadruple this year.
It is very hard. I was gunning for quadraple (UEFA Cup) when I lost to Newcastle in the Final of League Cup in March 2011.

Then, the next year, I lost to Stoke City in my FA Cup defence in the second round. This time, my treble was EPL, League and European Cups.

I have so big a squad that I suck at the financial aspect. The board kept expanding Reebok Stadium but it does not attract full crowd.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

After taking your advice I took a lot of those guys and put them on reserve, except for banega. And I sent Iago to my feeder club to learn the ways or first team football. Xabi I fear wants out so next season I will let him go to Real Madrid and let the fearsome Iago and Banega fill in. Babel and Quaresma are averaging 8's right now so I think they are gonna be big factors in my campaign. My defense is becoming questionable, Carragher is getting very inconsistent, as is Reina, but it's because damn AC won't leave him alone. I still have 30million left from my 70 million budget. So I am hoping to expand even more. Marin is averaging 7 and 8's on the reserves so I may bring him up if there is an injury.

fir_nev

Zlatan5 wrote:After taking your advice I took a lot of those guys and put them on reserve, except for banega.
To be more precise, take charge of the Reserves team so that U can keep them match fit. Constantly organise many friendlies because the space between two reserve games is too far.

Edit: What year are U in? U will have to do this the hard way. U can take the list of keepers from my txt file (in previous page) or U can go to every nation and see who their best goalkeeper is. Guillermo Ochoa should be a good choice for U. But I know there are better choices in Ur db (they tend to be abit different).

U can threaten Carragher to rest for couple of weeks.

ronaldoR7

mpcarres14 wrote:Surprised no one has talked about Henri Saivet. He's some 16 year old from Bordeaux that is supposed to be the sh*t in a couple of years (I'm only a half-year into my Arsenal game). As of right now, he scores a brace in almost every reserve or u18 game he plays in, and they're always wondergoals. Also, Nasri is not that expensive and plays very well if you sign him.
Hey mpcarres havnet seen yu on here for a while . actually someone spoke about henri saivet on the first page it think . :D

What do you guys think of benzema ? I never had any personal experience with him. And nev r you sure not to rely on the scout reports ? :shock:

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Benzema is a good signing, but is far too expensive. And Lyon usually don't let him go without a fight. But there are better players. It's not about how many superstars you have. It's about how many good players you can get.

ronaldoR7

Zlatan5 wrote:Benzema is a good signing, but is far too expensive. And Lyon usually don't let him go without a fight. But there are better players. It's not about how many superstars you have. It's about how many good players you can get.
mhm your right benzema does cost quite alot . Omg i cant wait till FM 09 comes out . Wonder what the FM 09 woudl be like :wink:

fir_nev

ronaldoR7 wrote:And nev r you sure not to rely on the scout reports ? :shock:
Not to deny the reports fully. But when the scout's SCOUTING POTENTIAL ABILITY is 18-20, then, U can read his recommendations.

How is Ur Chelsea doing?

ronaldoR7

fir_nev wrote:
ronaldoR7 wrote:And nev r you sure not to rely on the scout reports ? :shock:
Not to deny the reports fully. But when the scout's SCOUTING POTENTIAL ABILITY is 18-20, then, U can read his recommendations.

How is Ur Chelsea doing?
umm quite good i signed Pandev but im still trying to richards bloody man city wont let him go . :x
How about you and bolton ? hows things going btw could do you reckon it would be possible to screenshot your team squad so i oculd see . =D

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

In my 1st season with Scunthorpe I finished 21st(1 place above relegation). I signed Sebastion Prodl from Sturm Graz for pretty cheap, hes 21, and he has amazing stats. With him I only need 3 in the back.

I got Victore Moses on loan from Palace and he was doing well for me at the age of 17 so I decided to sign him for around 180k, because he has alot of time to improve.

After doing some personal scouting, I found a 19 year old center hungarian center mid from Brescia named Adam Vass. He is one of the best players at my team right now.

I signed Peter Mate from Debrecen for 95k, and he is now attracting attention from clubs all around Europe, and they are willing to pay a couple million so its a great bit of business.

I'm about half way through my second season and I'm sitting around 6th or 7th, which is way above my expectation of avoiding relegation. I think my success has been attributed to my new signings.

During the summer transfer window I signed an experienced attacking mid from Saprissa of Costa Rica, who I slotted into midfield to further improve my squad.

By the end of the season I'm hoping to lock down a play-off spot. Sounds unrealistic for a team that barely avoided relegation the previous year, but I'm confident my squad can achieve it.

messi19
Veteran Member

Two words: Amazing game! I got the game for my laptop as soon as it came out. Ive previsouly bought all the other football managers, so I had to have it! My team is Aston Villa (obvisouly) and ive fininshed 5th in the premier league and I won the carling cup.
My buys which have been very effective are:
Gio dos santos
Juliano Belleti
Dani Guiza
Brad Friedel
Freddie Kanoute
Gerrad Pique

I also have also expanded Villa park stadium to 58,000 and looks so sexy!
Ive been able to do this because ive been having very high attendence's.

Ive seen a new game called "Premier league manager" that comes out on 15 August so I'll probberly get that and dominate europe with Villa! :D

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Hey powell if you need a keeper get Akinfeev he is really good in the game. Lloris is really good as well.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Just started a few of my pre-season games with Forest Green. We got promoted to the Blue Square Premier league! (one league below football league 2). It's going great my big problem is money.

We are over 700,000 dollars in debt. The board has been gracious enough to give me some money but it isn't helping. I've offloaded a couple reserve players but it isn't helping. I'm worried i'm going to have to start selling my big names, and I don't want to.

My best player in attack is Stuart Fleetwood, easily at least a 20 goal a season guy. He's great and a lot of clubs want him. I want to keep a hold of him as long as I can but then I don't want to hinder is career. He's still young,22.

I just get so attached to my players lol. I don't want to sell any of them but i'm worried the board won't let me stay long if I can't fix the debt. I thought we'd get some promotion money but I guess that only happens in the football leauge and we are a conference side.

mint
EF Drug Baron

arsenalfc08 wrote:.

We are over 700,000 dollars in debt.
thats nothing on fifa manager im £800 million in debt and in administration lol.

im not allowed to sign any players this season. :(
i was made to ignite

ronaldoR7

ForzaMilan wrote:Hey powell if you need a keeper get Akinfeev he is really good in the game. Lloris is really good as well.
Ustari is also a great keeper , might cost abit of money tho .

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

Still midway through my 2nd season with Liverpool. We are 15 games undefeated. Gerrard won the player of the year and Babel won the young player of the year. All of my young signings are averaging 8's on the reserves or wherever they are loned to. Torres has like 30 goals already and Crouchy has 28. Reina is becoming beastly too. Real Madrid even chased him to 62 million dollars.