Summer Olympics 2008: Beijing

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 29 Jul 2008, 19:58

chicagofirefan wrote:Does anyone know what channels will be showing the Olympics. I am talking about soccer no other events. I really want to follow the usa.
You only want to watch soccer? abit shallow dont you think, seeing as there are loads of events thats are gonna be more exciting than soccer.

You should watch beach volleyball. Those hot girls in bikinis!!!

I WRITE EVERYTHING FROM MY iPOD TOUCH!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 29 Jul 2008, 19:59

theres like 8 channels carrying the olympics. in the past it was telemundo that carried most games but i don't know if that's going to be part of the olympic network of channels. all the NBC channels will have olympics. it'll probably be something like CNBC or MSNBC. i think Bravo even had some games.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 29 Jul 2008, 20:03

powell wrote:Im pretty excited about the games. I love watching almost every event. Im pretty interested in the running this year. Team GB have some good runners. Also the swimming, boxing, football, hockey and cycling looks really interesting, and id love to see GB win the gold in badminton this year as it will be the final time our Emms and Robertson will play together so heres hoping the get the gold.
I dunno if you know about it, but you guys have a sprinter, Mark Cavendish, that won 4 stages in the Tour De France, beating all the other big names. He's definitely the fastest sprinter in the world at the moment - and he's only 23!!!

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 29 Jul 2008, 20:50

messi19 wrote:
chicagofirefan wrote:Does anyone know what channels will be showing the Olympics. I am talking about soccer no other events. I really want to follow the usa.
You only want to watch soccer? abit shallow dont you think, seeing as there are loads of events thats are gonna be more exciting than soccer.

I dont only watch soccer... I never said i did. I watch the Olympics every year (that they have them sorry) and i have never seen soccer. I watch mainly the tack events but i want to see soccer this year also and i dont know what channels show Soccer in the olympics. Also i dont have FSC or goltv so i cant watch it on there.

EDIT: i found the USA soccer olympic tv schedule

http://ussoccer.com/schedule/index.jsp
Only one game for each us team will be shown and that is USA MNTvs. Japan on MSNBC at 5am eastern time. Also USA WNT vs. Norway on MSNBC at 7:45 eastern time.
Last edited by chicagofirefan on 29 Jul 2008, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.
Bulgaria is our faith, Levski is our Freedom

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 29 Jul 2008, 20:59

chicagofirefan wrote:
messi19 wrote:

I watch the Olympics every year and i have never seen soccer.
Thats new for me.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 » 29 Jul 2008, 21:00

chicagofirefan wrote:
messi19 wrote:

I dont only watch soccer... I never said i did. I watch the Olympics every year and i have never seen soccer. I watch everything they show on espn but i want to see soccer this year also and i dont know what channels show Soccer in the olympics. Also i dont have FSC or goltv so i cant watch it on there.

EDIT: i found the USA soccer olympic tv schedule

http://ussoccer.com/schedule/index.jsp
Only one game for each us team will be shown and that is USA MNTvs. Japan on MSNBC at 5am eastern time. Also USA WNT vs. Norway on MSNBC at 7:45 eastern time.
Only one game, that kinda sucks, oh well I'll probably be able to find the others on the internet (hopefully).

I'm also looking forward to the swimming (i use to swim, i wasn't taht good though lol), some basketball, track, gymnastics is always fun to watch too.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 30 Jul 2008, 10:10

im looking forward to watching the martial arts events coz i used to do it before football and i was pretty good as well.
i was made to ignite

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 05 Aug 2008, 20:28

does anyone know what the US national team is gonna be for the Olympics?

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 05 Aug 2008, 20:41

2brown347 wrote:does anyone know what the US national team is gonna be for the Olympics?
If you mean the roster for the USA MNT for soccer then...

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Chivas USA), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (5): Patrick Ianni (Houston Dynamo), Michael Orozco (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Dax McCarty (FC Dallas), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Danny Szetela (Brescia Calcio)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF), Brian McBride (Chicago Fire), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 05 Aug 2008, 22:16

chicagofirefan wrote:
2brown347 wrote:does anyone know what the US national team is gonna be for the Olympics?

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa- lets just re-phrase that lol), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (5): Patrick Ianni (Houston Dynamo), Michael Orozco (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Dax McCarty (FC Dallas), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)
MIDFIELDERS (7): Freddy Adu (SL Benfica), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Maurice Edu (Toronto FC), Benny Feilhaber (Derby County), Stuart Holden (Houston Dynamo), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Danny Szetela (Brescia Calcio)
FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Charlie Davies (Hammarby IF), Brian McBride (Chicago Fire), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 05 Aug 2008, 22:18

messi19 wrote:
chicagofirefan wrote:

GOALKEEPERS (2): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa- lets just re-phrase that lol), Chris Seitz (Real Salt Lake)
why'd you just quote that?

messi19
Veteran Member

Post by messi19 » 05 Aug 2008, 22:20

soccer11 wrote:
messi19 wrote:
chicagofirefan wrote: If you mean the roster for the USA MNT for soccer then...

I put Aston villa in bold. Because Brad Guzan plays for Villa now, and chicgagofirefan put Chivas Usa.

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 05 Aug 2008, 22:30

messi19 wrote:
soccer11 wrote:
messi19 wrote:
I put Aston villa in bold. Because Brad Guzan plays for Villa now, and chicgagofirefan put Chivas Usa.
Actually i got this off of Us soccers website. It was printed a few weeks ago...

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 06 Aug 2008, 00:24

I thought Altidore wasn't playing? Either way looking at the other squads we're fu(ked. I'm guessing the line up will be:

Guzan
Orozco, Parkhurst, McCarty, Wynne
Adu, Bradley, Edu, Kljestan
Altidore (if he's playing), McBride

(not the formation, just who will be starting in Defense, Mid, etc. )

Like I said that won't be a strong enough side to win it. :(

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

Post by chicagofirefan » 06 Aug 2008, 00:51

2brown347 wrote:I thought Altidore wasn't playing? Either way looking at the other squads we're fu(ked. I'm guessing the line up will be:

Guzan
Orozco, Parkhurst, McCarty, Wynne
Adu, Bradley, Edu, Kljestan
Altidore (if he's playing), McBride

(not the formation, just who will be starting in Defense, Mid, etc. )

Like I said that won't be a strong enough side to win it. :(
Well in our group there are the Netherlands, Nigeria and Japan. Most likely Netherlands will move on and idk who will get 2nd (USA USA USA USA USA!!!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are the Groups

Group A
- Argentina
- Australia
- Côte d'Ivoire
- Serbia

Predictions: 1st: Argentina 2nd: Australia

Group B
- Japan
- Netherlands
- Nigeria
- USA