Barack Obama

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Would you not vote for Barack Obama based on race?

Yes.
22%
No.
78%

Total votes: 46

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:Just wondering but is anyone planning on watching the inaguration today? I probably will watch some coverage before going to class today.
I probably will. I'm watching some stuff right now on NBC. It's amazing how many people are out there in this weather.

I've heard Obama wants this to be the most people friendly inaguartion, pretty much full access, unlike anything before.

soccer11
Admin

Croatianblood1 wrote:Just wondering but is anyone planning on watching the inaguration today? I probably will watch some coverage before going to class today.
nope. I work in a place where it'll be on for sure but i'll avoid the tv at all costs. I'll put on my headphones so I don't even have to hear it.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I'm listening to it on NBC, it's the only news channel I trust. Plus I just love Matt and Al. I'm kinda half listening while I make some flashcards for one of my classes. Nothing too exciting now. The Obama's and Bidens are just leaving St.John's.

The Obama's and Bushes just took a picture together. Michelle looks great,nice outift. Mrs.Bush lol. I do like how the Obamas have brought some style, especially Michelle. I never liked women pant suits/skirts, they looked so old school conservative/librarian.

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

they gave us time during school to watch it.........i thought his speech was good but when he got sworn in and had to repeat the words he forgot one of the parts of the phrase and the guy had to say it again :oops:
sig by 2brown347

mint
EF Drug Baron

barcahooligan wrote:they gave us time during school to watch it.........i thought his speech was good but when he got sworn in and had to repeat the words he forgot one of the parts of the phrase and the guy had to say it again :oops:
Thats good that you got time off, a break from lessons lol.

Ill watch it later if theres a rerun on bbc or sky news.
i was made to ignite

Hugh
Veteran Member

Speech was good, but nothing spectacular. Nervous as a schoolboy during the oath though eh?

Anyway, check this out, I'm not a superstitious man but... change has come
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... geria.html

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Anybody happy with the current state of affairs with Obama in office? I still think he is just another puppet in power. Life in America and around the world isn't going to get any better with the way government is these days.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:Anybody happy with the current state of affairs with Obama in office? I still think he is just another puppet in power. Life in America and around the world isn't going to get any better with the way government is these days.
I'm not gonna lie...I think the biggest problem with the US Gov. today is things are too complicated. WAY too much red tape. That's why I dislike liberalism, even if I think they have (some) good solutions. Sure your solutions work, but in the long run you are creating problems for yourself. And I disagree with liberal values as well, but sometimes politics needs to be politics.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I really haven't paid much attention to be honest. I haven't watched a lot of news lately or a lot of tv which is shocking.

The economy sucks right now, it really is bad. I guess the only good thing is that houses are super cheap and some really really good deals out there. My mom is looking and believe me you find some nice ones.

Its a bad time to be looking for a job aswell. If you have a job do everything you can to keep it because you may not get another one. Or stay in school particulary college. My brother got fired from his job, not that he was making ends meet anyways, and is finally going back to school. I've been telling him to go back for a while now, you just can't make it on minimum wage, you gotta have some sort of degree or other training. My moms boyfriend is an engineer and still hasn't been able to find work after being laid off, and its been about 6 months.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote: The economy sucks right now, it really is bad. I guess the only good thing is that houses are super cheap and some really really good deals out there. My mom is looking and believe me you find some nice ones.
The only problem now is you can't get a loan to pay for any house.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Nat_H wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote: The economy sucks right now, it really is bad. I guess the only good thing is that houses are super cheap and some really really good deals out there. My mom is looking and believe me you find some nice ones.
Yeah there are being stricter. Basically your out of luck if you don't have a very stable income.

I hope by the time i'm done with college in about a year and a half the job market will pick back up. Though I don't think it will pick up too quick.

I hope it does soon though i've lost so much money in investments/stock, its not even funny, i'm pissed.

fawad000

arsenalfc08 wrote:
Nat_H wrote:
Yeah there are being stricter. Basically your out of luck if you don't have a very stable income.

I hope by the time i'm done with college in about a year and a half the job market will pick back up. Though I don't think it will pick up too quick.

I hope it does soon though i've lost so much money in investments/stock, its not even funny, i'm pissed.
It sounds bad.My brother also lost his job.I thought this recession was just some sort of conspiracy and this would continue for 1 or 2 months but this did not happen and it turned out to be the one of the worst recession of all time.I hope Barack obama should do something fast to recover the economy.Also,stimulate plan did not work out and yesterday i was reading that america has an unemployment rate of 8.1% which is the worst rate since 1975.I wonder what's gonna happen with poor countries.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

fawad000 wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
Nat_H wrote: The only problem now is you can't get a loan to pay for any house.

It sounds bad.My brother also lost his job.I thought this recession was just some sort of conspiracy and this would continue for 1 or 2 months but this did not happen and it turned out to be the one of the worst recession of all time.I hope Barack obama should do something fast to recover the economy.Also,stimulate plan did not work out and yesterday i was reading that america has an unemployment rate of 8.1% which is the worst rate since 1975.I wonder what's gonna happen with poor countries.
Yeah its bad. My state has the worst unemployment rate in over 20 years. The news (I watch it occassionaly, other wise its just depressing) all across the country they are showing people lininig up for jobs. Places are getting hundreds of people filling out applications for only 100 jobs or less, people are desperate. People are donating plasma to make ends meet, you get $70.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

I sure hope Obama knows what he's doing. I've actually started studying economics and recessions for a research paper, so I'm learning a lot about how these work (or how little we know about how they work). It's a complicated issue and you really can't blame anybody for screwing it up.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Blame the banks. They're the reason for this entire economic mess.