Are we aliens?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Davidson9
Veteran Member

I'm Hindu.

Sorry, I had to, but I'm not Hindu. I used to be Christian, but I'm not sure right now, shahensha knows all about that.

KPatel

http://youtube.com/watch?v=E_EXqdJ4L7I
Fill your minds with the truth.

Two words, Ricky Gervais.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Ricky Gervais is my favorite British person of Canadian descent. He really is a legend though, funny.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Thank you KPatel :D

anyway just for the record d9 I used Hindu as an example because it's somewhat known and doesn't have the same beliefs.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Of course this discussion is all academic because the data in these findings has obviously been manipulated by the noodly appendage of the flying spaghetti monster, so that it may appear to us that we were not a product of his almighty noodliness, because in fact we descend from pirates....

And on another note, Ricky Gervais is hilarious, good link KPatel!

NewBornProdigy
Admin

yeah it would probably work if someone was hindu

is there anybody who is actually hindu on this forum?
dont take offence from what im about to write...

but hindu's i think, beleive in loads of different gods...
but they have one, major god 'Braham', but this major god is actually a force, and this force i think 'created' the world according to their belief's so if you hurt a plant or dump waste into a river your hurting the hindu 'major' god...

but i think that the hindu god, Brahma (the creator god) could perhaps be the same god we christians belive in, just the god was seen or recognised different by the hindu's 4000 years ago, thus they built a religion on how they viewed the god... as did we christians...

the hindu's beleive in karma and sin in a kind of way, when you commit a wrong deed, its like worshipping Shiva (the destroyer god)

of course there are many difference's in the religions, but this is my view of where religion came from...

but i'm fu**ed if someone says 'I'm Buddist' :shock:

Hugh
Veteran Member

Well I used to be a Buddhist before I found the glory of the FSM

Davidson9
Veteran Member

I'm Buddhist, I seriously am.

unknown

NewBornProdigy wrote:yeah it would probably work if someone was hindu

is there anybody who is actually hindu on this forum?
dont take offence from what im about to write...

but hindu's i think, beleive in loads of different gods...
but they have one, major god 'Braham', but this major god is actually a force, and this force i think 'created' the world according to their belief's so if you hurt a plant or dump waste into a river your hurting the hindu 'major' god...

but i think that the hindu god, Brahma (the creator god) could perhaps be the same god we christians belive in, just the god was seen or recognised different by the hindu's 4000 years ago, thus they built a religion on how they viewed the god... as did we christians...

the hindu's beleive in karma and sin in a kind of way, when you commit a wrong deed, its like worshipping Shiva (the destroyer god)

of course there are many difference's in the religions, but this is my view of where religion came from...

but i'm fu**ed if someone says 'I'm Buddist' :shock:
most of that was wrong and/or based on personal belief rather than facts, just to let you know.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

I believe this theory is absolute crap, I am a Christian and I believe in the creation story. NewBornProdigy...I will try to answer some of your questions:
who is to say god didnt decide to 'Create' the big bang?
According to the book of Genesis God created the world by speaking everything into existence; We can't try to explain creation using a theory thought up by men
but how else would god make the world?
By speaking it into existence
and what was there before the big bang?
What is the "big bang"? :wink:
or what did god create the stars and sky out of? a load of black paint and glow in the dark stickers?
God created everything out of nothing

and most of the bible stories for creation are just metapohr's, take the adam and eve story, i don think it means all our ancestors can be traced to evil apple eaters... but that adam and eve were (children) in the garden of Eden, which actually is a metaphor for (a state of innocence and bliss, a view of the kingdom of god) then when the bit the evil apple (curiousity from maturing) after being tempted by the snake (temptation) this lead them to mature, and feel self-concious and cover themselves, also this anger's god as they disobeyed him (sinned because of temptation) and he condems them to be banished from the garden (kingdom of god) and makes the snake the lowest form of life (someone who sin's), then skip a few thousand years and along comes jesus to give himself up for all our sin's not count, so we can go to the garden of eden (like a VIP pass for everyone)
I see no reason to believe why I should not take the book of Genesis literally, I don't believe in changing the Word of God to fit my own idea of the truth.

I'm not trying to force anyone to accept my explanations, and I know alot of "smart" people will try to prove that the Bible is rubbish (as people have been trying to do for centuries), but I (as does everyone) have to take by personal faith what I believe is truth.

This is a very good website:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/qa.asp

Note: These are my beliefs...if you wish to know more about them just read the Bible. I believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and is 100% truth and has no error.