Are we aliens?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Hugh
Veteran Member

Are we aliens?

Post by Hugh » 14 Jun 2008, 16:21

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content ... 0-113.html

Scientists have just put forward a new theory, backed by recent examination and supporting evidence, that life, as it began on earth may actually be a result of a meteor shower about 4 billion years ago in which meteors containing uracil and xanthine may have hit this planet and left us with these two chemicals, the building blocks of DNA and RNA.

If this is true, then how many religions will look really, really stupid?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 14 Jun 2008, 16:30

I'm pretty sure I've heard this theory a few times, so was it just ACCEPTED by the scientific community or is someone finally taking credit for it?

If you think about it, the theory makes sense, but most religious people will never change their views and if those views aren't effecting me I could care less. If going to church makes you feel better about yourself or gives you some secure feeling great, just don't bother me with it. Anyway I've thought about stuff like this before so now that it's a theory I won't feel so crazy. Even though I always figured it woulda been some type of bacteria but whatever. And like I said if you're religious that's great so don't get all pissy with me, unless ur a Scientologist then your a dumb ass.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 14 Jun 2008, 17:07

well this theory shows that life was "created" started, whatever on earth so does that make us aliens?

would we not only be aliens if there was already life on these meteors

wheres bread made? a bakery, call earth the bakery, the ingredients come from elsewhere but you wouldnt say bread is grown in fields

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 14 Jun 2008, 18:06

i think some people are more like aliens then others lol 8)
i was made to ignite

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 17 Jun 2008, 09:13

have u guys seen that video news report of a man apparently filming an alien visitng his house.

i dont know if its fake or not to me.

http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-gb&vid=564 ... 618379891#

lol i like the spoof one me lol
i was made to ignite

Collins91

Post by Collins91 » 17 Jun 2008, 10:34

If that was made with the intention of being real...then wow ahaha.
I like how he just happend to be filming his window when, lo and behold, an alien appears! :D

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Post by fr33k1ck » 17 Jun 2008, 13:49

This could be possible, but it still doesn't hurt my faith. I believe in God, but I also believe in evolution.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Post by tevezaholic » 17 Jun 2008, 18:48

how can u believe in God and evolution.... :roll:

i dont believe evolution one bit
JESUS IS LORD
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Collins91

Post by Collins91 » 17 Jun 2008, 20:03

Don't see why not. It's proof is all around you

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Post by fr33k1ck » 17 Jun 2008, 20:04

tevezaholic wrote:how can u believe in God and evolution.... :roll:

Why can't God have used evolution to create man?

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 17 Jun 2008, 21:11

fr33k1ck wrote:
tevezaholic wrote:how can u believe in God and evolution.... :roll:
Why can't God have used evolution to create man?
Because that contradicts genesis.

I think the big thing about this story though is that if our building blocks of life came from meteors where did those meteors come from? If we could trace the meteor that landed in Australia, could we discover the origin of those building blocks and from then on discover the origin of life in the universe?

soccerdude510

Post by soccerdude510 » 17 Jun 2008, 21:24

this might be true but im catholic and i wont change my mind about how we were created and put on earth dont matter what you see im not going to be convinced

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 17 Jun 2008, 21:29

soccerdude510 wrote:this might be true but im catholic and i wont change my mind about how we were created and put on earth dont matter what you see im not going to be convinced
im in the same boat as you man.........raised catholic and sticking with it.........the thing is that it always seems that the goal of science is to demolish the bases of most religions in general......... :?
sig by 2brown347

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 17 Jun 2008, 22:35

science without religion is lame
religion without science is blind

who is to say god didnt decide to 'Create' the big bang?
but how else would god make the world?
and what was there before the big bang?
or what did god create the stars and sky out of? a load of black paint and glow in the dark stickers?
mabye god is just a really, really smart scientist, who planned the big bang excellently to end up in the creation of man 7 billion years later, through the theory of evolution, or mabye some other theory we havint discovered yet...

and most of the bible stories for creation are just metapohr's, take the adam and eve story, i don think it means all our ancestors can be traced to evil apple eaters... but that adam and eve were (children) in the garden of Eden, which actually is a metaphor for (a state of innocence and bliss, a view of the kingdom of god) then when the bit the evil apple (curiousity from maturing) after being tempted by the snake (temptation) this lead them to mature, and feel self-concious and cover themselves, also this anger's god as they disobeyed him (sinned because of temptation) and he condems them to be banished from the garden (kingdom of god) and makes the snake the lowest form of life (someone who sin's), then skip a few thousand years and along comes jesus to give himself up for all our sin's not count, so we can go to the garden of eden (like a VIP pass for everyone)

and when it says 'god created the world in seven days' i think it means god created the world in 7 days which is a metaphor for stages
god creates the sky and stars (no earth, just space) on day one and all the science theories are in the same order as the way god makes the world, (humans made last, humans most recent to evolve, the last 3 millions years)

and if we came from metorites which contained the 'ingredients' for life, of all the endless stars and planets their must be at least one other that 'got' those ingredients...

so basically we werent the first ever life in the universe, and god might not even have intended to make life on earth, but he made life on some other planet and we were a bi-product? who says jesus wasn't some super (sientifically) advanced being who came to earth to preach the message of HIS god?

yes i'll admit it, i'm asking more questions then i'm answering...

but basically science and religion do work, its misunderstandings that make them seem as if there disproving them...

but it does make you seem a bit insignificant...

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 17 Jun 2008, 22:46

NewBornProdigy wrote:science without religion is lame
religion without science is blind

who is to say god didnt decide to 'Create' the big bang?
but how else would god make the world?
and what was there before the big bang?
or what did god create the stars and sky out of? a load of black paint and glow in the dark stickers?
mabye god is just a really, really smart scientist, who planned the big bang excellently to end up in the creation of man 7 billion years later, through the theory of evolution, or mabye some other theory we havint discovered yet...

and most of the bible stories for creation are just metapohr's, take the adam and eve story, i don think it means all our ancestors can be traced to evil apple eaters... but that adam and eve were (children) in the garden of Eden, which actually is a metaphor for (a state of innocence and bliss, a view of the kingdom of god) then when the bit the evil apple (curiousity from maturing) after being tempted by the snake (temptation) this lead them to mature, and feel self-concious and cover themselves, also this anger's god as they disobeyed him (sinned because of temptation) and he condems them to be banished from the garden (kingdom of god) and makes the snake the lowest form of life (someone who sin's), then skip a few thousand years and along comes jesus to give himself up for all our sin's not count, so we can go to the garden of eden (like a VIP pass for everyone)

and when it says 'god created the world in seven days' i think it means god created the world in 7 days which is a metaphor for stages
god creates the sky and stars (no earth, just space) on day one and all the science theories are in the same order as the way god makes the world, (humans made last, humans most recent to evolve, the last 3 millions years)

and if we came from metorites which contained the 'ingredients' for life, of all the endless stars and planets their must be at least one other that 'got' those ingredients...

so basically we werent the first ever life in the universe, and god might not even have intended to make life on earth, but he made life on some other planet and we were a bi-product? who says jesus wasn't some super (sientifically) advanced being who came to earth to preach the message of HIS god?

yes i'll admit it, i'm asking more questions then i'm answering...

but basically science and religion do work, its misunderstandings that make them seem as if there disproving them...

but it does make you seem a bit insignificant...
But everything that you said could be ruined by someone saying "I'm Hindu" :wink: