fifa 09

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
tevezaholic
Veteran Member

just a topic for ideas and info u found...i got alot to post so ill type lata(dont have much time now)

btw,if u create covers,post what u created
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I hope they get more into the Be a Pro mode thingy-ma-jingy. I liked it, not sure how to improve it, but I hope they did something more with that feature.

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

they need to add like a captain a team mode like in Euro. And they are for a fact gonna have 10 v 10 be a pro, which is gonna be sick, in 08 they were supposed to have keeper control, but the scrapped it. I love playing any for be a pro and pulling the keep and screaming KEEEEPP its an awesome feeling.

scara

THis is kinda off the topic but does anyone have Fifa 08 online on ps3.
please reply
i was thinking of starting a group of expertfootball users
please give us your online id and ill sign you up
no cost

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

They should improve the gameplay by making it more smooth and easier to control the players. For FIFA 08 on XBOX 360 and PS3 the players didn't move very smoothly and it was a pain in the ass when you tried to pass the ball a teammate and he would just stand there waiting for the ball to come to him and the opponent could easily intercept the pass. Also I would like to see more unlockables like more boots, balls, kits, and some videos like a season review or player interviews. Also I would like to see even more leagues like the Croatian First League.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

scara wrote:THis is kinda off the topic but does anyone have Fifa 08 online on ps3.
please reply
i was thinking of starting a group of expertfootball users
please give us your online id and ill sign you up
no cost
im probably going to get a ps3 next month and ill be sure to buy fifa 09..i let u know if i get it

my/powell's ideas are:
-a story mode where u start from like a team in an academy and get scout and stuff....this is how i would picture it would work..ur in a poor youth team,but then ur team raises enough money to enter a tournament,but at this one game in the tournament,a small pro team's scout shows up and in this match,u would have rating....u would have to get to a certain rate to get scout,so like say the rate u must have at the end of the game to get scout is 10,u must get ur rate up to ten by making good passes,scoring goals,making tackles etc....ur rate will drop if u,miss the target when taking a shot,make bad passes,foul etc.now if u make it,u would be in the academy(obvious),but if u dont make it,ur on the poor youth team till next time a scout come around....now ur in the academy....u get to play like games in practice and stuff(for rating) trying to impress ur coach and u do academy stuff...now around the age of 16 u try to show ur coach that u are good enough for the first team in a small match(for rating)...now ur in the reserve team,u play matches for rating to get in the sub list then u play in practice for rating,trying to make the starting eleven...now ur in the first team starting 11,every match u play will be for rating,because the better rating u get per match,the more popular u become and the more popular u become,the more better clubs would want u....now say u are getting good ratings in ur practice and small games,but ur manager is a butthole and wont put u in the starting 11,u can change ur morale to what ever,u can even take it down to 0..if it is low,they will be rumours about u wanting to leave...in story mode,u can attend conferences and reporters would ask u questions and u would be able to answer like manager mode(three options).......and another thing...when u first start off u look really young but as the story progresses u grow beard(which u would constantly have to shave or just let it grow)and start to look older in terms of skin tone and stuff
-linesmen,ref on field and subs warming up on field
-u have to set a time for ur sub to come on atleast 10 mins(gametime) so he would warm up..if u choose to just but him on his performance will be lacking,so say im playing as Chelsea(full team,not be a pro) and i want to bring on Shevchenko in the 60th min,it would be wise of me to put him to warm up from atleast the 50th min...when u go into team management in a game,the players would have a status..onfield,sub,warming up...to set a player to warm up,i set his status to warm up.....if in story mode and u were a sub and was told to warm up,u would have to press certain buttons to do certain things,so it would be something like,x,o to run/jog(like athens 2004 game how u have to press x,o,x,o,x,o all the time to run) and u choose an option of which stretch to do so basically all u do is jog and press what stretch to do(sounds stupid,but what the hell,we want realism)
-in manager mode,u dont only have the option of playing the match,quick sim or virtual sim...u now have manager view,where u are the manager(first person view),and u can control ur self as u walk up and down the field...u can urge ur team into attack or defense by pressing a button and do stuff managers do.even call players to the side for instructions,u know..manager stuff
-medics come and tend to injured players,by spraying and if serious stretchered off,instead of seeing a player jogging off CLAPPING and then u hear that he has a dislocated elow.
-when in be a pro or story mode,u set certain celebrations to different buttons,so if u score u can select what celebration u want by pressing the button...so like say i set a custom celebration or running to the corner flag and taking off my shirt and i set it to L1,if i score and want to do that celebration,i would press L1....u can fully create a celebration of use a default celebration
-more realistic crowd,instead of seeing everyone in the same shirt(not team jersey)doing the same thing,i mean,if ur going to put everyone in the same friggin shirt,atleast let it be a team jersey,jeez!!!...have some people walking through aisles wid food and beverages..is that too much to ask for?and have the crowd do actions to chants,as we all know,they are some chants that have hand actions,instead of having the crowd doing crazy sh*t in the stands have them do actions to chants and have more noise coming from the crowd
-better commentators..last fifa's commentation(spelling) sounded dead.
-the ability to choose your reaction when fouled or when u foul someone...so say someone fouled me.i would press a button,lets say L! for a good reaction and R1 for a bad...so im fouled and i want to react in a bad way,i would press R1 and my man would do something like,slap man in face,spit in face,push the man,argue with ref really bad etc(but nothing overboard).or i can react good like just walk away etc.now say i fouled someone and the ref wasnt going to give me a card and i choose to react bad,it can well get me a caution or even a red....now if u receive a straight red ,they should show like a clip of the play angrily going down the tunnel...i think this and the celebration option would give u total control of ur player when in be a pro or story mode.
-the ability to dive...i think this would add fun to the game when playing against friends and stuff

and that mines' and powell's ideas...they are more but i just cant remember them all
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

in PES you can dive, its hillerious, if you do it at the wrong time its a automatic red card. You should be able to have more control of your shot type like outside bend, i know you can do it on freekicks on fifa, but in PES you can do the trivela with people who can actually do it. Fifa is still the better game, but with some polishing it can be THE GAME

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Zlatan5 wrote:in PES you can dive, its hillerious, if you do it at the wrong time its a automatic red card. You should be able to have more control of your shot type like outside bend, i know you can do it on freekicks on fifa, but in PES you can do the trivela with people who can actually do it. Fifa is still the better game, but with some polishing it can be THE GAME
yea,agreed....im a fifa man through and through..and fifa might just become the game in 09,apparently,they are promising 251 improvements,251!!!! :shock:
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I've always played fifa,I rented PES once and didn't like it and returned it early.

I agree comentating needs to be better, I remember one time the commentator said something about a corner during a goal kick (no corner previously either) really weird. It's gotten to the point where I turn the commentating off and just listen to the crowd.

I have PS3 so Be A Pro is only one game thing but I would like a whole career (like manager mode is 15 seasons something similar though maybe not as long for be a pro). Also maybe have the option of starting with a player who was just signed from the academy, also if another club wants to sign you then you choose if you want to leave or not, also maybe a create a be a pro player.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:also maybe a create a be a pro player.
in the ps2 version u can create ur player before u start be a pro...cant u do that in ps3?
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

They should include Create a Team mode. In FIFA 07 for PS2 I remember there was a Create A Team mode along with Create A Player. They need to bring it back for FIFA 09 for all consoles.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:They should include Create a Team mode. In FIFA 07 for PS2 I remember there was a Create A Team mode along with Create A Player. They need to bring it back for FIFA 09 for all consoles.
i havent played fifa 08 for next gen but it seems as though they left out alot of things....i am sure fifa 08 ps2 has create a team and create a player...im absolutely sure,but remember that 2 seperate develope teams made the 2 games,so some made it for the next gen with out any help from the others who made it for the ps2 and stuff,apparently the only idea shared was the be a pro but next gen came up with the zoom in when u have the ball thing and they didnt include stuff like create a player when ps2 did
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

PS3 has create a player but not create a be a pro player. It has be a pro online 5v5 game and a one game be a pro offline training.

tevezaholic
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:PS3 has create a player but not create a be a pro player. It has be a pro online 5v5 game and a one game be a pro offline training.
well i bet for u next gen owners,not able to create a player for be a pro sucks? or is it not that much of a deal?
Oh crap,missed me bus!!

powell
English Meister

better commentators..last fifa's commentation(spelling) sounded dead
You cant beat Andy Gray and Mr Martian Tyler