Moving on with life..

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Moving on with life..

Post by Alexio1092 » 15 May 2008, 11:59

G'day guys, seeing as my body physically can't cope with the higher levels of football (tearing ligaments etc left, right and centre), I'm commiting myself to becoming a professional coach and/or referee (to a lesser degree if the former would become available at a higher level). I'm looking into studying a "sports management" course http://www.ballarat.edu.au/coursefinder ... php?ID=524 in Sydney, but I'm desperately urging to move overseas to broaden my horizons.

I still want to be involved with the "World Game" at every possible level by any means necessary, and becoming a "Life Coach" or professional coach would be great for me I think. I'm a bit leniant but I could harden up soon as I get the job, hehe. It's just a really big desire in my life right now, my question being whether I'd have to acquire a visa to study coaching overseas (if it's even possible). http://www.lauriate.com/Documents/Profe ... Mentor.pdflooked interesting regarding a 1500 GBP session in Burlham for learning about becoming a professional coach.

I'm already the assistant-assistant coach for my own U17 C-Grade team this year, I would be assistant but I've been out on crutches so long I can't keep up physically with my own team!! Haha, I'm leaving it to the head-coach at the moment, I really get into it like I'm taking over his job, don't think that he appreciates it when I'm consistently pointing out things to him..

I want to become a professional football club manager and/or coach, I'd seriously consider being a manager for a better and wider scope over the club and the sport in general. I really want this, and I know that I'm not going to tear my body in the process!!

I'd love to move to the UK and/or Germany for coaching/refeering/managing, what do you guys think? Can I get a visa to complete courses overseas for coaching/managing? There's not alot available here as far as I know!! :)

BuzzingBee
Veteran Member

Post by BuzzingBee » 15 May 2008, 16:40

Wait,what you cant play anymore? I thought you just have really bad injuries,you should seriously get some rest and wait after they are completely healed,what are you doing to yourself?,what i did i tell you!
Practice and drive are all you need, You will become good, if not great, and then, if you wish to go further, the opportunities will come to you - Rome_Leader

BuzzingBee's at it again

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 18 May 2008, 15:47

BuzzingBee wrote:Wait,what you cant play anymore? I thought you just have really bad injuries,you should seriously get some rest and wait after they are completely healed,what are you doing to yourself?,what i did i tell you!
I'm letting myself fully recover but I'm fearing for the worst because my right knee is still suffering from pain whenever I go through mock strike motions and stretches on my right. It's bringing back horrible memories from my Armidale Camp 2008 where I had to be helped off the field because I nearly dislocated my right knee and June last year when I actually did against Valo. I had 24/7 pain in my right knee until my surgery and then it was all clear, but I played about 15 minutes on it 3 weeks into recovery (meant to wait anywhere from 4 up to 8 ) and now the pain has returned.

Most particularly is when I do stepover motions (without a ball) just standing up after a walk around the house or when I'm watching the football, the pain is still there 4-5 weeks after my surgery so it's really getting me down. Will time prevail and help me recover or is it going to stay this way; or even get worse?

I think it has something to do with being on crutches for the last week, it's sort of like hopping on my right leg all day I guess, but if my knee can't handle that, will it be able to handle high-level football? Oh the agonies of my fu**ing craptacular body.. :?

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 21 May 2008, 06:16

Anyone know about acquiring Visas for overseas education? Courses I can take up overseas for coaching/managing?

Ali14

Post by Ali14 » 21 May 2008, 10:16

srry but i dont knw abt visa's but if u want to take up coachin or become a manager i think italy is the best....all top coaches nd manager's in the world are mostly italians....they r very few god managers who r english

think abt it nd do research abt it....but my tip to u is that italy is the best for education in this field...

Juve

Post by Juve » 21 May 2008, 14:49

Well you can apply for a visa from your government or something i know thats how you get it from here in the uk, but tbh i dont know why you would want to come overseas unless your apply for a UEFA license

Alexio1092
Veteran Member

Post by Alexio1092 » 22 May 2008, 12:14

Juve wrote:Well you can apply for a visa from your government or something i know thats how you get it from here in the uk, but tbh i dont know why you would want to come overseas unless your apply for a UEFA license
Professional refereeing is only part-time in Australia mate, there seems to be a better education standard in Europe for managing, coaching and refeering as well. I looked up a course online from Burlham or whatnot (a link in my first post - link didnt work but you can copy & paste it) and they're offering a life management/coach course.

Had2bHarry
Veteran Member

Post by Had2bHarry » 25 May 2008, 01:23

You should'nt give up on football dude. At least keep playing.

If you want to be a ref or a coach, then I would suggest you ask your club and volunteer to referee the little kids to get some experience. You should also try one of the coaching clinics and watch Fooball stars of tommorow. These things will give you experience, give you an insight to the job and probably provide opportunities to branch off into the top level.

But keep on playing dude. You could still become a great player despite your injuries
Sig by me