Nike- Take It To The Next Level

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Nike- Take It To The Next Level

Post by BGbeast23 » 01 May 2008, 00:27

This new Nike commercial may be the best commercial I've seen. Guy Ritchie is the man behind it, and it's an amazing commercial. See what you think of it. If Man Utd. was the club, it'd be my dream life story haha.

Check it out here(Nike.com/High Quality)
www.nike.com/nikeos/p/nikefootball/en__EMEA/
or Here(YouTube):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WuRQBaz_Z1Y

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 01 May 2008, 00:32

I have to agree that commercial kicked ass. Besides for having CR7, but other then that kick ass. Remember when ronaldinho played like that :roll: those were the days.

ganaa261092
Veteran Member

Post by ganaa261092 » 01 May 2008, 11:20

dude, me too!!! I really love have they put the commercial together..its awesome!

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 01 May 2008, 14:03

I saw that yesterday during the Liverpool Chelsea game. It's probably the coolest commercial I've ever seen.
Click it

nextlevel66
Veteran Member

Post by nextlevel66 » 01 May 2008, 19:25

nahh man if you go to the challenge, if you scroll down a bit on the page of the video. if you watch that video, you will be playing football until your feet ache today.
My dream is to go pro and nothing or anyone will get in the way.

Wuzi

Post by Wuzi » 01 May 2008, 19:32

nextlevel66 wrote:nahh man if you go to the challenge, if you scroll down a bit on the page of the video. if you watch that video, you will be playing football until your feet ache today.
Im not quite sure what you are saying. :?

David_93

Post by David_93 » 01 May 2008, 20:22

Wuzi wrote:
nextlevel66 wrote:nahh man if you go to the challenge, if you scroll down a bit on the page of the video. if you watch that video, you will be playing football until your feet ache today.
Im not quite sure what you are saying. :?
http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikefootba ... -challenge

He means that the challenge video is really inspirationial, and I agreed. I have done alot of training today, because of the video. I really liked both Take It To The Next Channel, and The Challenge video very much, both is inspirational.

But has anyone tried the Nike Bootcamp? I have sign in my E-post, but hasn't got any mail yet.

unknown

Post by unknown » 01 May 2008, 20:57

really liking this AD
anyone know the song?

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 01 May 2008, 21:06

My hat is off to the Nike marketing department. They've come up with a pretty smart way of building up brand loyalty in young players. That is the real purpose behind these 'inspirational' commercials.
In this one, they decided to thrown in some gimmicky editing and cool special effects so that people would talk about it.
I think summer is the peak season for selling cleats... so at this time of year they usually put out a 'cool' new commercial. Few years ago they had Ronaldinho bouncing the ball off the crossbar as most of you probably remember.

EDIT: Actually those Nike ads suck, here's a much better one.

unknown

Post by unknown » 01 May 2008, 21:42

expert wrote:My hat is off to the Nike marketing department. They've come up with a pretty smart way of building up brand loyalty in young players. That is the real purpose behind these 'inspirational' commercials.
In this one, they decided to thrown in some gimmicky editing and cool special effects so that people would talk about it.
I think summer is the peak season for selling cleats... so at this time of year they usually put out a 'cool' new commercial. Few years ago they had Ronaldinho bouncing the ball off the crossbar as most of you probably remember.

I don't know about other ppl but for myself watching the ad makes me want to play football not buy nike's sh*t. of course that cud also b because im broke :D

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 01 May 2008, 21:54

expert wrote:My hat is off to the Nike marketing department. They've come up with a pretty smart way of building up brand loyalty in young players. That is the real purpose behind these 'inspirational' commercials.

True, it is just a marketing scheme by Nike to get you to buy their products. I thought the commercial was cool because of the first person view because it makes you feel like you were actually in the commercial yourself. Although I watched it, it didn't make we want to go out and buy Nike products or go out and try to get scouted by Arsene Wenger.

I remember Nike also had the Joga Bonito commerical and in it they criticized players who dive and yet they had Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the players who "plays beautiful." Yeah, that really makes sense, criticize divers and then have Cristiano Ronaldo in your commercials selling your products.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 01 May 2008, 21:57

I agree with unknown, I don't want to get nike stuff, I don't like their products, I have a lot of them, but thats more due to the matter of convenience.
The challenge commercial isn't that good I'm not inspired by commercials meant to sell shoes, and I'm inspired because I love the game and a commercial isn't whats gonna inspire me more, a game or something possibly but not a commercial.

I still love the first one though just because it's fun to watch, kinda like the joga bonito ones.

blood should get post of the year for calling out nike. 8)

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 01 May 2008, 21:57

I don't know about other ppl but for myself watching the ad makes me want to play football
If a commercial can leave such an impression on you, you're much more likely to remember the brand. So in a few years down the road, when you have to buy cleats for yourself (or for your kid), Nike will be only brand you remember. The most effictive time to imprint brand loyalty is when the (potential) customers are young.
of course that cud also b because im broke
Haven't you noticed that McDonalds targets their adverts towards young children - they're not advertising their crappy fast food, but how fun it is to be at McDonalds. That's what little children respond to.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 01 May 2008, 22:05

expert wrote:
I don't know about other ppl but for myself watching the ad makes me want to play football
If a commercial can leave such an impression on you, you're much more likely to remember the brand. So in a few years down the road, when you have to buy cleats for yourself (or for your kid), Nike will be only brand you remember. The most effictive time to imprint brand loyalty is when the (potential) customers are young.
Haven't you noticed that McDonalds targets their adverts towards young children - they're not advertising their crappy fast food, but how fun it is to be at McDonalds. That's what little children respond to.
This is the reason why I don't take any commercials seriously anymore, its all just a bunch of bulls**t large corporations throw at you to try and get you to buy their products. So many retarded weight loss commercials trying to convince you that you are too fat and you need to take pills or buy some stupid piece of crap exercise equipment that doesn't even work. The one that makes me laugh all the time is the genital herpes commercials. The people are all happy and talk about how they have herpes and they take some medicine and now everything is okay, lets smile and be happy!! NO! You have herpes! Thats not a good thing! Stop being so fake, you're not supposed to be happy about having an STD! This is why I hate watching television because of commercials like these.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 01 May 2008, 22:06

expert wrote:
haha that kind of advertising towards young children is banned over here

mcdonalds big campaign over here is their "healthy" options

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.