Music Recommendation Thread.

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Post Reply
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

2brown347 wrote:If anyone here likes indie rock (like the shins, and postal service) then I'd recomend the carolines (now broken up) and Tango alpha tango. They are my ex guitar teachers bands, and are pretty good.

you can download there stuff from Itunes and at the bottom of this page there is a link to places to listen to their music, or find them on myspace.
http://www.thecarolines.com/
I LOVE that kind of stuff. I'll check out the bands you recommended.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member
Posts: 2774
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 21:31

Post

Just heard this band today, and I'm kinda liking them pretty well. It's a South African Band called Fuzigish. The're pretty original in my opinion using trumpets and such in some of their songs. They're mainly ska I guess. Checkout out their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/fuzigish

I'll also recommend these bands that you may not have heard-
Cut Off Your Hands: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=14637967

Underground Heroes: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=31708129

Pretty good band, I know the guitarist and they played Lollapalooza:
http://www.cagetheelephant.com/content/jukebox.php

Really old band, but still good for Rock intrumentals(Can't believe they even have a MySpace): http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =261680818

Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post

It's old, but this song is constantly stuck in my head :oops:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYBLjEaDFDE

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

Rome_Leader wrote:
2brown347 wrote:If anyone here likes indie rock (like the shins, and postal service) then I'd recomend the carolines (now broken up) and Tango alpha tango. They are my ex guitar teachers bands, and are pretty good.

you can download there stuff from Itunes and at the bottom of this page there is a link to places to listen to their music, or find them on myspace.
http://www.thecarolines.com/
I LOVE that kind of stuff. I'll check out the bands you recommended.
did you check them out, what did u think?

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

2brown347 wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:
2brown347 wrote:If anyone here likes indie rock (like the shins, and postal service) then I'd recomend the carolines (now broken up) and Tango alpha tango. They are my ex guitar teachers bands, and are pretty good.

you can download there stuff from Itunes and at the bottom of this page there is a link to places to listen to their music, or find them on myspace.
http://www.thecarolines.com/
I LOVE that kind of stuff. I'll check out the bands you recommended.
did you check them out, what did u think?
They're good stuff man. Thanks for the hookup.

______________________

I love that Yael Naim song too. Damn MacBook Air! :p

BGbeast23
Veteran Member
Posts: 2774
Joined: 14 Oct 2007, 21:31

Post

Thought this band was pretty good, even though there stuff is all instrumental:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D=37883544
Listen to the song Silent Roar if you're only going to listen to one.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

Adding Rooney to my list. Those guys have a real addictive sound. Named after the principal in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" as well, not the player. :P

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6202
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post

Rome_Leader wrote:Adding Rooney to my list. Those guys have a real addictive sound. Named after the principal in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" as well, not the player. :P
Rooney is great. Anyone else here listen to Tokyo Police Club?

Here's some from their EP:
Cheer it on:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xf7X7-PP02I&feature=related

Citizens of Tomorrow:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zOi3F00oJtI&feature=related

Nature of the Experiment:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DPY5vTbLhs8&feature=related

Nature of the Experiment Live on Letterman:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=767XpOvT5FU&feature=related


And some of their new stuff (really good) from the album coming out this month:
Tessellate:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=oa7JRuLEp-w

Your English is Good (on the EP as well):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1KGCAffvGIw

And finally, a Live "Your English Is Good" (I had to, read the beginning of the video: Warning, this song contains strobing! :lol: ):

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eyk20kIK7cA
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

I've heard of them before, but didn't really check them out until now. They have some good songs, definitely.

ajc
The Philly Flyer
Posts: 3094
Joined: 29 Apr 2006, 02:08
Location: Delaware, USA

Post

Tokyo Police Club is sick! I can't wait to see them in a couple weeks.

The Kooks new album dropped today in the U.S., Konk. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it all yet but if it keeps up with their last one it'll be gold.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6202
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post

ajc wrote:Tokyo Police Club is sick! I can't wait to see them in a couple weeks.

The Kooks new album dropped today in the U.S., Konk. I haven't gotten a chance to listen to it all yet but if it keeps up with their last one it'll be gold.
It's great, I've been listening for a few days now (not illegally :lol: ). Everyone should check them out as well.

I know also that Cake (isn't that new), is really good (most of you probably know them). Ajc would agree, he went to see them in concert already. :wink:

Cake-Friend is a four letter word:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm70afsC ... rtist/Cake

Cake-Frank Sinatra (Cake and their rockin' trumpet makes them gold):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSypnaxA ... rtist/Cake

Flobots is another band I've gotten into recently, check them out:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NvNvkXD_gs0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hyE-0B_zOi0
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

Oh, I do love Cake. Great songs, great group.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6202
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post

Rome_Leader wrote:Oh, I do love Cake. Great songs, great group.
Like a fat kid? 8)
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod
Posts: 3028
Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 22:03

Post

rzadzinski wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:Oh, I do love Cake. Great songs, great group.
Like a fat kid? 8)
Like a mildly chubby kid who has been deprived for about 3 and a half hours. That kind of love. :)

___________________________

The Dandy Warhols are great, too.

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

I highly recommend "I want candy" you can download it here:
http://www.adultswim.com/downloads/index.html
and it's not what your thinking
To keep my promise to Beast, D9 is stupid

Post Reply