Music Recommendation Thread.

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
INTER1908
Veteran Member

Rome_Leader wrote:
INTER1908 wrote:
Rome_Leader wrote:Great albums, but Ragoo is on what I consider their best... 'Because of the Times'.

Here, have a hear! :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gbzjL9-43M
I like it. What do think about it's meaning?
Caleb sees all the youth making the same mistakes he did when he was growing up. As much as he wants to set them straight, he knows they have to figure it out for himself, as he did, because, when he was their age, he never listened to adult advice, because he consider them out of touch. However, he has a leg up on most adults, and can reach kids through his music. ("... But I'm much too old to preach. Just listen to my song and I'll sing it all to you.")
Yeah, that's pretty much what I got from it too. I have started liking "Four Kicks" and "I Want You", by them.
Made by 2Brown.

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Any song off of Bloc Party's new album "Intimacy" I like all of the songs, especially Ion Square, i'm going to see them on the 14th, should be epic.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Any song off of Bloc Party's new album "Intimacy" I like all of the songs, especially Ion Square, i'm going to see them on the 14th, should be epic.
That band is fab, i love the song 'helicopter' brill for thrills
Is it worth buying? as in the album? (this is someone who buys roughly 4 CD's a year)

evo

Listen to a band called "the view" they are great.

Collins91

The View are a very good band. If you like them, then it may be worth giving The Libertines a go. Fairly similar in style
Anyone, who is willing to give something a bit more "out there" a try, give The Levellers a go. Never hared another band that sound the way they do. Awesome band

Davidson9
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:
That band is fab, i love the song 'helicopter' brill for thrills
Is it worth buying? as in the album? (this is someone who buys roughly 4 CD's a year)
Oh for sure, I haven't bought it yet mind, I've only downloaded it :(

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Can anyone recommend me any good samba? I've been looking to broaden my musical horizons into the genre, but the stuff I've been finding isn't very good. Maybe it's because I don't know where to start looking. :P

Help a brotha out!

bsc
Veteran Member

sorry Dome_Needer, i can't help, but I was just wondering what radio stations everyone here listens to?

i like bbc radio 1 on friday nights and annie mac is a good dj too.
But one of my probs favourite radio stations is XFM London.
BBC 6 music is cool too, i like Adam and Joe. :D

fellas? Idc what region the radio station is in cuz pretty much all radio stations have websites and stuff.
Last edited by bsc on 12 Sep 2009, 01:30, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I used to fu**ing love last.fm radio, but they hate on Canadians now and require a subscription. I mostly roll with random online stations when I'm looking (Since Pandora is ALSO US only...), but I have a soft spot for good ol' 97.5 K-Rock at home.

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

RL, have you tried Finetune.com? I used to use it a lot. I'm not sure if they still do this, but you used to be able to make your own play list, but only 3 songs per artist. You can also listen to an artists "radio" just like last.fm

Might I recommend my playlist on Finetune?
http://www.finetune.com/user/brocktree40

These are the Artists on my ipod, listed from Most favorite to just favorite :)

DJ Shadow
Pepper
Arcade Fire
MGMT
Vampire Weekend
Jack Johnson
Bob Marley
Noah And the Whale
The Wombats
DJ Js-1
Lupe Fiasco
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I see a lot of my tastes in your radio, mainly MGMT, Arcade Fire and JJ. I'll be checking out both the service and your playlist shortly. ;)

ZackariusTime

While the recommendation thread is up I might as well tell you about my favorite band, Jimkata. They are, IMO the best band in the world. They've been All I have been listening to for months cause they are the greatest. They not popular at all for most people don't know them. But since they're so great I feel compelled to write so much about their greatness. You can find them And their music on their myspace page or find they're first album of two on iTunes. Check em out!
Everybody loves a little Hogan

Davidson9
Veteran Member

We Are Scientists
Band of Horses
Deerhunter
Foals
Wolf Parade
Oxford Collapse
Mystery Jets
Iron & Wine
Crystal Castles
Shy Child
Vampire Weekend
The Smiths
Lightspeed Champion
Test Icicles
Whirlwind Heat
Mumm-ra
The Cliks
The Cribs
Joe Lean & The Jing Jang Jong
Of Montreal

:/

mint
EF Drug Baron

Kid Cudi memories is an awesome song i think.
i was made to ignite

Davidson9
Veteran Member

http://hardcandytrax.com/mp3/MUSICFORAN ... mix%29.mp3

this song gives me day long eargasms