Commentary in game

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
x101
New User

Commentary in game

Post by x101 » 12 Feb 2008, 02:17

Firstly i had no idea where to put this... so if some1 knows better u can move it or what not
basically i watched the chelsea - liverpool game a couple of days ago and it was a US broadcasting of the game. the commentary was quite professional and informative the commentator would constantly run through the action.
that being said im watching the game again with different commentary. its these two british guys who quit frankly are hilarious. there not what u wud call "professional" but they know there stuff and their really into it. which got me thinking how important do you think commentary is and what type of commentary do u enjoy the most e.g. energetic or calm or constantly on the action or leaving room for tangents etc.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 12 Feb 2008, 02:44

energetic and funnyy, i watch on espn latin america ( spanish) the narrator NArrates in a narrative tone thats so funny and has nickname for every player, he gets exited you can see he has so much pasion!!.. the bast commentery in my opiinion

ForzaMilan
Veteran Member

Post by ForzaMilan » 12 Feb 2008, 03:20

You probably watched the original game first, and then you watched it on Premier League Fan Zone, a show on FSC, where they get two fans, one from each team, to do commentary on the game. It's fun to watch, but it isn't as fun to watch because they play it after the game happened.

When I watch games, I like listening to European Commentary(in English), because listening to the game with American commentary, is just so bad it hurts. I like watching Spanish commentary sometimes because I study Spanish in school and I like seeing how much I understand, and because they put so much passion into everything they say.

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 12 Feb 2008, 03:42

Yeah it's fanzone on FSC like milan said. I just finished watching it about 30 minutes ago. Yeah it was the Liverpool Chelsea game, and it was freakin funny. Most of what you heard was "Come on CHELS!", "Come on Gerrard give it to Babel give it to that Dutch wizard." Then another hardy "Come on CHELS!"...i was hoping for a goal just to hear all the screaming that would occur but it remained scoreless...
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

unknown

Post by unknown » 12 Feb 2008, 03:47

ahh i c yea i thot it was really funny cause they where pretty into it and made it out like just a couple of guys hanging out watching the game.

p.s. i was the original poster logged into with an account that i made b4 i realized "unknown" was not taken :D

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 12 Feb 2008, 04:53

Definitely energetic or else I will fall asleep or turn it to mute and play some music while watching the game

Gol tv has some fu**ed up commentators. Ray Hudson is hilarious though, in that "wtf did he just say?" kind of sense. Phil Schoen mistakes people on the field too much.

Spanish commentators go nuts when someone scores. They wont stop screaming goal till they lose their voice

However, I have to say, the best commentary in my opinion goes to Arabic commentators. They go absolutely bat sh*t when something happens. I remember the euro 04 match between France and England when Zidane scored the freekick. The commentator went nuts and started screaming god's name for like 10 seconds then Zidane's name for another 10 seconds and then even yelled "Thank you god for making Zidane, thank you Zidane's momma for birthing him, Thank you Zidane's father for raising him"

unknown

Post by unknown » 12 Feb 2008, 05:42

reminds me of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6S4PhBPKPI

edit* btw i know the video is not real

also i remember a few years ago cant remember the game but i think psv was playing and it was a canadian commentator who i swear they just got off the street. cause he didnt know anything it was hilarios cause the guy was so stupid and like half way thru i remember a long pause in the commentary then he says like two sentences and then another pause. next thing u know its a totally different guy doing the commentary.

keller8
Veteran Member

Post by keller8 » 12 Feb 2008, 05:45

shahensha wrote:, thank you Zidane's momma for birthing him
I laughed so hard when I read this.
Mattsta-"There would be no point in freestyle if we knew all the tricks from the start. The fact that we had to practise to get them pays off because in the end we have earnt it."

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 12 Feb 2008, 12:52

american commentary is different from british - basically it is sh*t. British commentary is much more interesting. If you watched it on sky sports with Martin Tyler and Andy Gray it would be much more entertaining than any american commentary. They are brilliant. They know what their talking about and have a laugh. They are really into it aswell... http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=rHAkSpekVdc

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 12 Feb 2008, 13:00

im sorry i cant help but laugh at Andy Gray.

"Ooh yaa beauuuty, what a hit son, what a hit!"

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 12 Feb 2008, 13:06

Davidson9 wrote:im sorry i cant help but laugh at Andy Gray.

his other trademark saying http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlsWbPhS3M

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 12 Feb 2008, 13:11

I have to say I do like English commentators much better than American commentators. I'd much rather listen to Andy Gray, John Moston, Derek Rae, etc instead of Eric Wynalda and Julie Foudy. The English guys know what they are talking about and make the game more interseting.

The only commentator that I hate is Tommy Smyth. He is sooo annoying with his stupid voice and he is really biased towards English players. He makes them out to be amazing even when they are playing like sh*t. I remember back in 2005, during the Champions League Final between Liverpool and AC Milan, he basically said that Milan didn't have any players that were of equal quality to Liverpool. So to him, Liverpool had all the better players.

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 12 Feb 2008, 13:19

ScottyBoy wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:im sorry i cant help but laugh at Andy Gray.

his other trademark saying http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aWlsWbPhS3M
wet eee het sooon! tek eee boooo sooon!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 12 Feb 2008, 13:22

John Motson is a tosser

but anyway another quality example of british pundits are the guys of sky sports Gillette Soccer Saturday which basically reports goals and games live. This is all live TV .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FYm8N_QXnBs i cant imagine how funny these guys are off camera during shows http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bWbyX_yU2 ... re=related Jeffs team hartlepool utd .. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVt8crKn ... re=related

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 12 Feb 2008, 13:41

right.. i just have to stick this in. Only an excuse. Funniest football programme. Its only made once a year for hogmanay and is a comedian Johnathan Watson who basically rips the pish. Its only shown in scotland so i dont expect many people at all to understand it but you will find some of it funny. If you want anything explained just ask http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=vkLXU7fJ7pw