Confidence?

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Untouchable1
New User

Hi, im mike and i was hoping i could get some help. I am 15 and have played soccer for many years. I can play basically anywhere but recently i have been playing forward. I seemed to be doing very well in that position when i was on one team where i was the lead forward. but now that i am on this other team, i haven't even scored yet in 3 games and my coach is considering switching me to a different position! i am not sure why i am not performing at the level i know i can. This happened on my school team also. I got cut over people who i know i am better than! im not trying to sound cocky, but i was just disapointed in myself. How can i get back? Also, if you have any tips on improving forward skills, maybe that would give me confidence back?

thanks ,

mike

Ronaldinho10

Just go out onto the pitch believing that you are going to score and that there is a goal there waiting for you and you just have to and get it :D It takes time to get used to a new team like who passes wher and what runs to make etc. but you will get used to it sooner rather than later :D
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

dooglas
Veteran Member

i say since your 15, you prolly arent sure which position you truly love ...find that then devote yourself to the skills needed.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

Adizeta
Sophomore Member

the same thing hapened to me

a year back i couldnt preform my foward as well as i thought postion i felt as if i was loosing my esscence

i kept practicing and found my true postion is mid field

u have to keep on seeing where ur good at

if u believe foward is ur postion practice all u can and show ppl who u r

some tips for foward are

1 awlays stay wit last man so u can be hind offside
2 have confidence in the defenders and mids so always be ready to take off

hope it helps peace

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Untouchable1 wrote:I seemed to be doing very well in that position when i was on one team where i was the lead forward. but now that i am on this other team, i haven't even scored yet in 3 games and my coach is considering switching me to a different position! i am not sure why i am not performing at the level i know i can. This happened on my school team also. I got cut over people who i know i am better than! im not trying to sound cocky, but i was just disapointed in myself. How can i get back? Also, if you have any tips on improving forward skills, maybe that would give me confidence back?
you know what, I think I'm in an extremely similar position like you before. I grew up always wanting to play midfield cause I thought everybody was a striker. Then I played striker cause I wanted to score goals. And I got really good at it cause my positioning was great. Then, I joined a school team and I never got the chance, instead the coach put me as RB. I switched school, and became the leading striker. But then when I went to my club, there was no way was a forward. I had only played winger previously before, but then I always seen myself as a CF. My club told me to play Right wing and see how I do, and I played absolutely horrible! I switched back to CF but nothing was going right. Then I decided to practice playing Right wing, and now it's my natural position.

What I suggest you should do is to play more street football or try out different positions. It may sound as a cliché but it's all about trying different positions and playing there regularly, meaning you should spend a lot of time trying out different positions. To gain confidence: you should always first begin play with people with far lower skill level then you, and build your way up to gain confidence. By the time you're confident enough, you'll be playing against higher skill level and eventually your skill level has gone up too.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Same here I wasn't very sure what position to play and even now I'm not quite certain.

I was goalie before but I thought that I don't get enough recognition that I should've get, it's always the striker that steals the show so I tried CB and RWB, it was OK. I played defensive for few years but then I changed my mind in 7th grade and tried Central Attacking Midfield which suited me. But my performance were quite poor in the last matches of my season.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

jcdenton
Veteran Member

it is called the crisis...
it can last until the next game or until the next season...
you never know....
just continue doing ordinary job, goal will come itself, you can't force it if your skills don't allow you....

Dube2010
Sophomore Member

haha...itz like God led me to this thread...

ya i mean i have good dribbling and passing skills...so that makes me assume im a midfielder...but my problem is i dont have the stamina to go back and forth and defence is not my strong point so i am usually like an extra forward when i play on the pitch. The problem with forward is the lack of space and so i cant pass and create as much...im in a dillema on how i can b a foward and still be able to create b/c honestly im not happy w/ the midfielder position...

example:
yesterday i was in a 7 v 7 pickup game and i went in as cent. midfield...i felt to concious of the defensive obligations and stayed back b/c the defense was a bunch of idiots who went all the way forward...and i could do nothin to stop the attacking....the coach moved me to forward and i was creating and scoring...but i dont think that will transfer on 2 a full sided full regular field play to b such a creative forward...

ne suggestions on my postion?...

as for the previous kids problem...goal droughts are common...there are 38 games in the standard european season...the best players in the world...and their goal tally rarely goes above 30...they dont score every game...all you need is to up your pace when the defender doesnt expect and get the team a goal...not urself...when u get that mentality balls will ironically drop for you to score...as well as you helping your teammates out...good luck...
Last edited by Dube2010 on 20 Jun 2005, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.
Being the best...
How Hard Can It Be?

Maradona
Veteran Member

Speed and Stamina are a real problem for me too...but I'm still training and just hopin to improve.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

Untouchable1
New User

Thanks guys your comments really helped and i appreciate it. I did what u said and yesterday i scored my first goal in the couple games we've played. I have been on another team for a few years and i just had to get used to this team. I'm still not up to my best yet, because i know i can do better but i am at least moving forwards! thanks again

by the way, if you have any suggestions as to how i can improve shot power and accuracy alone, or even forward skills in general please enlighten me :D

Thank-you

mike

Dube2010
Sophomore Member

take some practice shots and be wary of when and how you kick it...then after u mastered the art of the kick put it to the test and aim your shot at small man made goals
Being the best...
How Hard Can It Be?