RIP Heath Ledger

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
sumkid57
New User
Posts: 5
Joined: 14 Nov 2007, 19:30

Post by sumkid57 »

fu** heath ledger. 300 people have already died in Iraq and we don't hear a thing about it. then everyone has a friggin hart attack when one friggin actor dies. who cares?
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski
Posts: 6202
Joined: 17 Jan 2007, 04:23
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Post by rzadzinski »

More than 300 people have died in Iraq.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin
Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 »

watch the movie "Turtles can Fly" and let me see if u give a rats ass about a rich actor who died or any other famous faggot....who cares? life is hard OUTSIDE hollywood in case u haven't noticed. its so fu**ing naive to care about one person sooo much and ignore the other 500,000 kids that have no homes or parents because of what the US has done. do u hear about on FOX news or CNN? fu** no, but heath ledger? hell yea, he's all over the place now. Heath Ledger? pfff, the world had more problems........(and don't even get me started on that hoe anna nicole smith and how much air time she got...)

but for real, watch "Turtles Can Fly", and u'll see what I mean. here's a trailer for it, its by the Iranian director Ghobadi, and lemme tell ya, it an amazing film. (and yes I am iranian, thats why I watched it or at least thats part of the reason...)
if one death is sooo huge, why aren;t there over a bajillion of these topics? All u see now are "400 killed by suicide bomber" on page 6 in the newspaper as a STAT and u blow it off as "normal". but once some prick dies its almost as if ur god just died. but anyway here's the trailer...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MM4WHowIeMA&feature=related

EDIT: once u've experienced running from governments and having no parents and nothing to live for, then we'll see whether you people bawl over heath ledger and all the other hollywood pricks. they're nothing.
Last edited by Francis8 on 26 Jan 2008, 01:02, edited 1 time in total.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member
Posts: 1921
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 04:00
Location: Pittsburgh

Post by cfrealmadrid »

Haha I haven't bothered to look into this thread at all because I didn't want to see a bunch of sentimental sh*t about his acting career. Boy was I surprised to find this...

But yeah, seriously, I don't see why celebrity deaths are made a big deal like they are. To be honest, I felt absolutely no sadness over his death, and no one else should who didn't know him. Maybe if people focused on real issues instead of some jackass who OD'ed and had a heart attack, we could work on solving some the many problems with America.
Hala Galacticos
Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 »

cfrealmadrid wrote:Haha I haven't bothered to look into this thread at all because I didn't want to see a bunch of sentimental sh*t about his acting career. Boy was I surprised to find this...

But yeah, seriously, I don't see why celebrity deaths are made a big deal like they are. To be honest, I felt absolutely no sadness over his death, and no one else should who didn't know him. Maybe if people focused on real issues instead of some jackass who OD'ed and had a heart attack, we could work on solving some the many problems with America.
wow I can totally see me and you getting along easily haha.....yea same here, thats what I expected to see, o he was so great etc. (which I did see) so I felt obligated to add a dose of some fu**ing reality.
Last edited by Francis8 on 26 Jan 2008, 01:01, edited 1 time in total.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o
Davidson9
Veteran Member
Posts: 4471
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 18:41

Post by Davidson9 »

cfrealmadrid wrote:we could work on solving some the many problems with America.
so its all about america now is it? :wink:
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member
Posts: 1921
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 04:00
Location: Pittsburgh

Post by cfrealmadrid »

Well yeah, since we're the most important country in the world. I mean we're what keeps everything running smoothly, right?

But no, I just meant it's easier for me to criticize American media since that's all I know basically. I think he actually died in Australia (could be wrong), and I know for a fact he was Australian. It's probably just as big a deal there, but it's every day in America you hear a tribute to some vaguely famous person that died. Funny thing is, almost no one pays any attention to these people until they're dead, when they act like it's some big tragedy. Just more wood for the tabloid fire I guess.
Hala Galacticos
Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 »

cfrealmadrid wrote:Well yeah, since we're the most important country in the world. I mean we're what keeps everything running smoothly, right?

But no, I just meant it's easier for me to criticize American media since that's all I know basically. I think he actually died in Australia (could be wrong), and I know for a fact he was Australian. It's probably just as big a deal there, but it's every day in America you hear a tribute to some vaguely famous person that died. Funny thing is, almost no one pays any attention to these people until they're dead, when they act like it's some big tragedy. Just more wood for the tabloid fire I guess.
well when they die is when they make the most money off of them...sick isn't it?

but seriously, do urselves a favor and watch "Turtles Can Fly", a real film, nothing like the american garbage films. If u wanna get something out of a film, watch foreign movies, american ones just give u headaches. R.I.P all those who have died as a result of occurrences such as those depicted in "Turtles Can Fly" and deaths as a result of war. Now thats a real cause.........THOSE people Rest In Peace.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member
Posts: 1921
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 04:00
Location: Pittsburgh

Post by cfrealmadrid »

I'm familiar with the movie, but I haven't actually seen it, though I'd like to. You're right though, that's the kind of movies that need to be made, ones that make a point and show things that affect people. We don't need another "scary" movie about a rebellious teen who moves with their dorky family from the city and their friends to a country house, only to discover...it's haunted/the hired farmhand is an ex-murderer/the neighbors aren't what they seem! By the way, sorry for spoiling the ending to every American film made in the last 8 years.
Hala Galacticos
Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 »

cfrealmadrid wrote:I'm familiar with the movie, but I haven't actually seen it, though I'd like to. You're right though, that's the kind of movies that need to be made, ones that make a point and show things that affect people. We don't need another "scary" movie about a rebellious teen who moves with their dorky family from the city and their friends to a country house, only to discover...it's haunted/the hired farmhand is an ex-murderer/the neighbors aren't what they seem! By the way, sorry for spoiling the ending to every American film made in the last 8 years.
wait wait, ur talking about "The Messengers" aren't u? haha I swear thats it!
and that last line is so true :wink:
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member
Posts: 1921
Joined: 19 Feb 2005, 04:00
Location: Pittsburgh

Post by cfrealmadrid »

Haha yes, The Messengers, among many many other horrible movies I've recently seen and ruined before they were half over.
Hala Galacticos
Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 »

yea at first when I saw the previews, I was like "meh it looks cool" but the film was nothing like the previews. I thought it was about a kid who saw dead people ad had stuff happen to him, but the film was sooo much more different than that. it sucked to be honest. again I say TURTLES CAN FLY RULES! :lol:

EDIT: any film by Ghobadi is amazing. All of his films have received prestigious international awards.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o
John_Bob
Veteran Member
Posts: 395
Joined: 05 Aug 2007, 04:43

Post by John_Bob »

All of hollywood and in general celebrities are a joke. There are whole shows that just talk about Britney Spears life for like half an hour. They talk about how here life is such a tragedy. She is way better off than any homeless guy you see on every street corner in the city, who begs for money day in and day out just to buy weed and booze. It is really a joke and the majority of people in america don't want to hear stuff that makes them sad they don't want to see real life, they want to see celebs life to fantasize about their own lives being that good.
Francis8
Veteran Member
Posts: 462
Joined: 26 May 2007, 19:29

Post by Francis8 »

whoa whoa whoa whats with the change of heart? all of the sudden everybody is going against the common idea? you its funny how my friends always say to me: "You say the things that nobody else would ever say"
well, its better to offend people with what u say then to act fake and happy or whatever else....
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o
barcahooligan
Veteran Member
Posts: 1143
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 14:58

Post by barcahooligan »

cfrealmadrid wrote:Haha I haven't bothered to look into this thread at all because I didn't want to see a bunch of sentimental sh*t about his acting career. Boy was I surprised to find this...

But yeah, seriously, I don't see why celebrity deaths are made a big deal like they are. To be honest, I felt absolutely no sadness over his death, and no one else should who didn't know him. Maybe if people focused on real issues instead of some jackass who OD'ed and had a heart attack, we could work on solving some the many problems with America.
I think that it is because their acting is so powerful that they are able to connect to their audience without knowing them. I also think that if people were more aware of the "Real World" problems out there then they would feel compationate towards them and more inclined to help. This all leads to the fact that the media is the most biased industry in the world and they will do anything to sell, even if that includes focusing more on an actors/celebritys death then on the important troubling problems our world has to confront...
Image
sig by 2brown347
Post Reply