Christianity

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer

Are you Christian?

Yes
53%
No
47%

Total votes: 32

ganaa261092
Veteran Member

Christianity

Post by ganaa261092 » 10 Jan 2008, 15:11

You just witnesses a kid just fall down and bleeds. Accident or pre-determined? Your younger sister is born. Accident or pre-determined? Are you a Christian because God told you that he exists in this world, or your a Christian just because of faith? I believe that faith is what makes people Christian. Why do you need fact or evidence to prove that there is God? If you really are a Christian, then you do not need any proof, right? However, when i was younger, i was challenged if there is a god or not? I tried to make things more logical through science. And i found this info that was proven through science. First, everyone knows that all animals and plants are made out of cells, right? It was proven like that. But then there was a research that changed alot of poeple's mind. And that was everything (including living and non-living things) is made out of atom. And science proved that every cell and atom came from a pre-existing cell and atom. In other words, its like an evidence! It was also proven that everything(atom) started from one point. But then didn't science proved that all atoms came from a pre-existing atom? Then where was the pre-existing atom came from? Anyone know where?...Anyone?... There must have been Something or Someone that was the foundation of all things. We all think God as (fill in the blank). But what we should know is that God is beyond our mind. We cannot IMAGINE how big God is. There are no words to discribe how big God is. Is there? The reason we don't believe that there is no God is because of temptation. And our hearts accept the temptation. Coz temptation feels good for us. Sometime in life, we encounter this certain struggle. Why did God made sin if He hates sin? Why did He creat sin and temptation if He knew that we were weak enough to accept it? If we always did what is right, then we would be like robots. Free-will is what makes us different from animals and robots. We have a choice to make in our life, believe Him or not. Yes, it is true that God knows everything we are gona do in the future, but our free-will fulfills the plan-of-God-for-our-life.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 10 Jan 2008, 16:50

Thanks you converted me. Obviously if science can't come up with the reason within 75 years of the original theory, it must mean that a large man who lives above us created everything.

Thanks for your input, but don't try to convert anyone. This is a football forum... not the Jehovah's Witness forum.

expert
Site Admin

Re: Christianity

Post by expert » 10 Jan 2008, 17:16

ganaa261092 wrote:Your younger sister is born. Accident or pre-determined?
I though this depended on whether your parents used a connie or not... but I'm fine if you see it as proof of God's existence :)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jan 2008, 18:37

Thanks for your input, but don't try to convert anyone. This is a football forum... not the Jehovah's Witness forum.
Whats wrong with him posting about religion in an off the field part of the forum its true that the main topic is football, which i adore, but he did it in the right section man, its aight! hes doing all of us a favor

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 10 Jan 2008, 19:26

I accept that there is a God who have created me and this whole world ,it is a fundamental part of my religion (Islam) ,can i ask the author that y he has created a poll about Christianity?People who r not Christian also accept that there is a God like me(Muslims).

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 10 Jan 2008, 19:43

Yeah the poll should have been are you an atheist or not because that is main underlying question being asked here. The author just chose Christianity because he himself is a christian, which is alright, no wrong with that. Muslims consider christians as people of the book because there are many things common between both the religions and are intertwined with common ancestral figures and mainly because we both worship the same God, just the approach is a bit different so its all good.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 10 Jan 2008, 19:50

shahensha wrote:Yeah the poll should have been are you an atheist or not because that is main underlying question being asked here. The author just chose Christianity because he himself is a christian, which is alright, no wrong with that. Muslims consider christians as people of the book because there are many things common between both the religions and are intertwined with common ancestral figures and mainly because we both worship the same God, just the approach is a bit different so its all good.
Yeah, I myself am a Roman Catholic and for my one history class this year we had to read some parts of the Koran and I have to say it had some similarities to the Bible. Also I read in the section of the Koran titled "The Cow" there was the line that said "Believers, Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does what is right - shall be rewarded by their Lord; they have nothing to fear or regret." So I get what you are saying Shahensha, Christians and Jews and Muslims are all people of the book. We believe in the same God.

nzfootball

Post by nzfootball » 10 Jan 2008, 19:58

what are the rules of living a christian life. anyone got any links

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 10 Jan 2008, 21:39

panchester07 wrote:
Whats wrong with him posting about religion in an off the field part of the forum its true that the main topic is football, which i adore, but he did it in the right section man, its aight! hes doing all of us a favor
No I don't have any problems with him posting about religion... but really this should have gone in the religion topic. And mainly he is trying to convert us... even though this is the off-topic area, and you are allowed to talk about anything other than football... it doesn't mean we have to listen to it, or that he has the right to try to change anyone's religion. It would be the same as going into the player's forum, and posting a topic saying that everyone should believe that Ronaldinho is the best player in the world, because he magically is, and you should think so or else.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 10 Jan 2008, 21:41

nzfootball wrote:what are the rules of living a christian life. anyone got any links
I found this really cool site... you can type in keywords, and it comes up with millions of answers with links to that keyword.

here it is

Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 » 10 Jan 2008, 21:43

iwannagopro wrote:
nzfootball wrote:what are the rules of living a christian life. anyone got any links
I found this really cool site... you can type in keywords, and it comes up with millions of answers with links to that keyword.

here it is
ah the joy of mean sarcasm

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 11 Jan 2008, 01:08

Croatianblood1 wrote:
shahensha wrote:Yeah the poll should have been are you an atheist or not because that is main underlying question being asked here. The author just chose Christianity because he himself is a christian, which is alright, no wrong with that. Muslims consider christians as people of the book because there are many things common between both the religions and are intertwined with common ancestral figures and mainly because we both worship the same God, just the approach is a bit different so its all good.
Yeah, I myself am a Roman Catholic and for my one history class this year we had to read some parts of the Koran and I have to say it had some similarities to the Bible. Also I read in the section of the Koran titled "The Cow" there was the line that said "Believers, Jews, Christians, and Sabaeans - whoever believes in God and the Last Day and does what is right - shall be rewarded by their Lord; they have nothing to fear or regret." So I get what you are saying Shahensha, Christians and Jews and Muslims are all people of the book. We believe in the same God.
Not if your name is Darwin... :wink: But actually im am taking Living Enviornment this year, and right now we are studying the Theory of Evolution and it really points to all the right things(we all came from common ancestor) but being raised Roman Catholic i feel kinda like "How Can You Put This Theory vs. Religion"? :?
sig by 2brown347

J
Admin

Post by J » 11 Jan 2008, 01:13

iwannagopro wrote: but really this should have gone in the religion topic.
Exactly, I was just going to say the same thing. It's like he is trying to 'sell' Chistianity by making a specific thread for this. I don't mind people talking about religon and expressing their views, but it gets real annoying when they try to convert you in a way.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 11 Jan 2008, 01:22

I think ganaa261092 was just expressing his beliefs, I doubt he is trying to convert people to Christianity. I think he was trying to get people to think about the possibility of a God. You don't have to believe that there is a God, no one says you have to, but there is no wrong in exploring the possibilities of a God.

J
Admin

Post by J » 11 Jan 2008, 01:24

Like I said, I have no problem with people talking about their religon. But we already have a religon thread. It makes it seem like he is trying to sell it, especially with the way he typed some of it out.