Does practicing alot make you loose your personality :S

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
panchester07
Veteran Member

Does practicing alot make you loose your personality :S

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jan 2008, 00:28

Yeah i need the most wise people to help me in this question?... say you practice by yourself day after day, every day like 4 hours a day, thats all he does after school then go home and do homework.. with out being in contact with other people your age besides in school.. are you gonna loose your personality? your coolnes? funnines, storytelling abilities?? all that is as important as soccer for me maybe a little more beacause after soocccer your still gonna have to treat with people... so i would like to know your opinions or facts on the matter

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 10 Jan 2008, 00:34

If anything, it makes your personality more DYNAMIC. Confidence and drive in your footballing translates to other areas of your life too. It would be an interesting study to see if it does not make you MORE popular.

You are painting the picture of a recluse, you don't have to be. Practice with friends, join teams, and still reserve some hours for practice alone. It doesn't make you a loser, loner or inhibit personality, it's the same as just taking time aside to do something alone. Everyone does that, no matter what it is.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Jan 2008, 00:49

I can't say I'm the most wise person, so I don't know if you can take my advice!

But I guess if a person does only minorly communicate with people, work hard all the time they can definitely become more anti-social and possibly lose some of their speaking and communicating skills. They'd basically be in their own little shell and essentially de-evolving their communication skills. They'd be similar to animals. Work, eat, sleep. :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jan 2008, 01:00

ok so rzadsinski your saying that only in extreme cases you might be affected,...... and rome_leader you say that by having confidence in football skills you will have confidence in other areas of your life??????? and yeah i am gonna practice 4 hours a day but 2 in a track team and 2 bymyself or with a team that practices 3 times a week, in school im very outgoing and talk to a lot of people i said 4 hours by myself because sometimes i might just have to work solo .. so i want that to compensate for my lack of social activity out of school :).. thank you for answeringg please keep on answeringggg and thanks in advance again!!!!!!

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 10 Jan 2008, 01:17

Yeah, that's what I'm basically saying. :)

It's good that you're popular already, your friends will admire your drive to be better, and will certainly be impressed with your new skills. Do a lot of your friends play sports, or specifically, association football (soccer)?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski » 10 Jan 2008, 01:33

Yes, if there is little communication with others you will lose the communication skills for sure. This is an extreme case tough of course.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

goingpro

Post by goingpro » 10 Jan 2008, 03:01

well, you talk at school
and you can go out with friends every once in a while at night er sumthin to give yourself a break

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 10 Jan 2008, 19:17

Yeah, frequent breaks are an important thing to observe so you don't over-work yourself physically and mentally.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 14 Feb 2008, 01:22

Thank you guys, i also feel much more calm now that i discovered a good friendo of mine plays 5 hours of basketball everyday, he has a scholarship for duke and he is one of the most popular guys in the school and he takes breaks and goes out, he has a good balance

barcahooligan
Veteran Member

Post by barcahooligan » 15 Feb 2008, 01:26

panchester07 wrote:Thank you guys, i also feel much more calm now that i discovered a good friendo of mine plays 5 hours of basketball everyday, he has a scholarship for duke and he is one of the most popular guys in the school and he takes breaks and goes out, he has a good balance
Is he going to play basketball there? If he is whats his name? I watch Duke alot thats why asked so i could look for him playing next season...
sig by 2brown347

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 16 Feb 2008, 00:34

his name is Olek czyz yeah he is going to play basketball at duke, he is gonna be a freshmen but for sure heell play a decent amount