Chemistry help

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
Hugh
Veteran Member

Yeah, I know a lot of the public schools get some really easy grades which pisses me off a lot, since, in AP Calc at least, I have to work for my grades... Still, I got 90th percentile on my SAT so I must be doing something right :D

Francis8
Veteran Member

yea, with my AP cal teaher u gotta teach urself the math cause she sure as hell won't do it...sometimes :roll:

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

I have my Chemistry 101 final exam tomorrow at 8:00 A.M. and we covered alot of stuff in this class. I gotta know all those VSEPR models, Gas Laws, valence electron orbitals, empirical formulas, Lewis structures, etc. I hope I do well, I like Chemistry and all but its not easy.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

iwannagopro wrote:I feel oh so dumb... especially since even Rzad knows this, and I don't :o
Yeah I know, I can't believe that my Canadian education has even taught me this. :?
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

Francis8
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:I have my Chemistry 101 final exam tomorrow at 8:00 A.M. and we covered alot of stuff in this class. I gotta know all those VSEPR models, Gas Laws, valence electron orbitals, empirical formulas, Lewis structures, etc. I hope I do well, I like Chemistry and all but its not easy.
the empirical formula is just for balancing molecules and such...everything else u mentioned is the same as my class...it just pisses me off how some classes in public schools have to know like 3 things and then get an A and then say "yea i took honors chemistry and had an A in it"

bs.......

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Francis8 wrote:
Croatianblood1 wrote:I have my Chemistry 101 final exam tomorrow at 8:00 A.M. and we covered alot of stuff in this class. I gotta know all those VSEPR models, Gas Laws, valence electron orbitals, empirical formulas, Lewis structures, etc. I hope I do well, I like Chemistry and all but its not easy.
the empirical formula is just for balancing molecules and such...everything else u mentioned is the same as my class...it just pisses me off how some classes in public schools have to know like 3 things and then get an A and then say "yea i took honors chemistry and had an A in it"

bs.......
Yeah i know what you mean. I went to a private Catholic school which is one of the best schools in my area and I knew kids who went to public schools and they had high averages but their classes were jokes. Anyway, I am glad i went to a good school because i learned alot and also worked alot but I know it will pay off in the long run.

Francis8
Veteran Member

what hell is this??

I understand the first part but the part I don't get is bolded.

so first I have to explain the difference between the phase diagram for water and carbon dioxide. And THEN the hard part. “FIND, THE EXPOUND, ON ONE OR TWO CHEMICAL APPLICATIONS THAT USE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE PHASE DIAGRAMS TO PRODUCE A MARKETABLE PRODUCT.
huh? any help? and if u know what the difference between the phase diagram for water and carbon dioxide is then please do tell.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Francis8 wrote:what hell is this??

I understand the first part but the part I don't get is bolded.

so first I have to explain the difference between the phase diagram for water and carbon dioxide. And THEN the hard part. “FIND, THE EXPOUND, ON ONE OR TWO CHEMICAL APPLICATIONS THAT USE THE DIFFERENCES IN THE PHASE DIAGRAMS TO PRODUCE A MARKETABLE PRODUCT.
huh? any help? and if u know what the difference between the phase diagram for water and carbon dioxide is then please do tell.
The phase diagram for water will have water vaporizing and solidifying at different values of Pressure and Temperature than CO2. So all that means I think is what chemical processes take advantage of this. So I think soda pop is one of them since the temperature and pressure will be the same for the water and the CO2, but the CO2 at that given T and P will be in a gas phase while the H2O is still in liquid phase. Additionally, anything that is distilled, takes advantage of this fact since in a distillation column, two mixed liquids (such as methanol and propanol) are separated by vaporizing one while the other remains a liquid. The vapor exits the top of the column, the liquid goes out the bottoms feed, and you have separated two compounds. Distillation is an important chemical process. Same as passing a mixture of gases through a condenser to separate them. :D

Francis8
Veteran Member

It would have helped to give me that 3 days ago buddy. I have already turned it in with a 200 word shortage. :lol:

thanks.
The testicles of a "right whale" weigh 1100 lbs each....... :o

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

sh*t, I haven't had a chance to get on here in like 2 weeks, but I love chemistry. Probably could have helped you out a little bit
Hala Galacticos

2brown347
Veteran Member

Alright so I have a one page chemistry paper due tomorrow, it can be anything related to chemistry (ex. the chemistry of a wendy's frosty). So I need a topic that is easy to find a information on. I'm having a blank when trying to think of a topic.

thanks for ur help.

deadwrong
New User

write about sexual chemistry

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

2brown347 wrote:Alright so I have a one page chemistry paper due tomorrow, it can be anything related to chemistry (ex. the chemistry of a wendy's frosty). So I need a topic that is easy to find a information on. I'm having a blank when trying to think of a topic.

thanks for ur help.
Write about ammonia, NH3. It is found in many cleaners like Windex. I'm positive that you can find alot of information on it.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:Alright so I have a one page chemistry paper due tomorrow, it can be anything related to chemistry (ex. the chemistry of a wendy's frosty). So I need a topic that is easy to find a information on. I'm having a blank when trying to think of a topic.

thanks for ur help.
Write about ammonia, NH3. It is found in many cleaners like Windex. I'm positive that you can find alot of information on it.

thanks croatian that will work.

Hugh
Veteran Member

deadwrong wrote:write about sexual chemistry
write about alchoholic sexual chemistry.

And then you can do titrations involving stomach acid.