A little career change

Talk about current events, entertainment, technology or anything not related to soccer
powell
English Meister

Yes thats it a career change for me, i wont write too much dont worry ...

Well i've finished school now and a had plans for my future. As some of you may know my parents dont support me plans to become pro they'd rather me do something long term. Not a long shot thing.

Anyway my dad from tomrrow is making me work 5 days a week with him from 7 am till 6-7 pm. Ill have no time for training so i wont be able to concentrate on becoming pro. I havent given it up though i sitll believe i have the talent i just wont be able to train so in case anyone comes knocking ill jump at it.

Anyway i'm going to college and joining an athletics team. I'm focusing my time on becoming a 100 meter sprints now. After my job (into the night) ill be working on my sprinting.

You really dont know how annoyed i am at this but i've always though of running as an alternative career. Dont worry though ill still be as active and stuff on here i hope.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Well, sorry that happened to you man. My first dream here in the US was for me to play college football(meaning soccer). And trust me, my parents don't think I will ever turn pro either, but I'll prove them wrong. Good luck for running though. I would have thought since you're a football/soccer player you would be doing distancer running, wouldn't that be easier? Anyway, good luck man, and i hope you get a big break and go play for Liverpool or someplace :wink:.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

That really sucks. However, I'm sure that's exactly what my parents are going to try to do to me. Try not to let your parents control you too much!

powell
English Meister

AmericanFutballer wrote:I would have thought since you're a football/soccer player you would be doing distancer running, wouldn't that be easier?
Yeh it would be easier .. but theres something about sprinting i love. I mean im great at running lenghts but i'd love to become a 100 meter pro sprints and someday win goal at the olympics.

Anyway thanks guys. I really try not to let my parents control me but when your told you are going to work with your dad theres not much i can do.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Ye, that's life though lol. Good luck with sprinting.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

Viduka
Veteran Member

Aw.. its sad to see this happen. I hope you do well in the future.

soccerdude510

thats sad..hey do you live in the united states of america? if you do you should try out for usl on www.uslsoccer.com/ if you make one of their teams i am sure they will pay you to play... and if not you can try out for a college team hopefully an mls team will draft you or something so you will be getting and be doing something you love Soccer/football

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Sorry that you won't have time for training, hope that whatever you do in your future that you are happy with it and never think that you can't go pro.

and no, soccerdude, powell lives in England

soccerdude510

ohh sorry then :oops: but in college you should a sports team

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Awww man!! This sucks! But hey, life's a bitch sometimes. Hopefully you can move on and become great at sprinting (I don't know you, but are you sure? White man's record is only 10.00 and you don't see too many of them in the 100m). I know that if you do work on something such as sprinting or long distance (consider it?? but you know what's best for you, so I won't try and change it), you will be ready just in time for the 2012 Olympics in London! That's what you're shooting for right? :wink:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

zxcxk7
Sophomore Member

My friend went through the same kinda situation few years ago. He gave up the idea of going pro, instead he is running sprints for a university now. But he still plays with us during summer when the school is over, the best defender in our team!

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I really do hope you'll stay active here, Powell. Whatever you do, I hope things work out for you, man. Best of Luck!

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Well, working on your sprinting is good cos pace is one of the key attributes required to succeed in the modern game( the others being strength, stamina and skill), and anyway, I remember reading that someone from Reading quit footie from 16-19 and stacked books at a local bookstore, so, yeah, nothing is impossible.

Btw, if you dun hav much time to work on skill, try to work on your physical
(like speed endurance and strength), which wud oso help in ur sprinting. You cud shape yourself to be a Momo Sissoko box to box type midfielder. Also, for speed endurance HIIT training is pretty good, cos it oso helps your stamina during matches..

Good luck anyway..

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Ah man, thats such a shame. If sprinting is really what you want to do, then by all means go for it, but if you really want to try to become a pro footballer man, theres things you can do if its really what you wish to do, if its what you dream, then you should still go for it. Im going to uni next year and ill still be training very hard, in fact at uni, theres a gym, loads of football teams and everything and it should help me a lot. But neway good luck :)
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

Zuhair

Ah man im really sorry for you. Being made to walk away from football, its a shame but whatever you do, rise shine and outshine everyone :wink: