how realy fast are the best players

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
catalan
New User

my question is that the fastest players like henry,martins,cronaldo,lennon they realy arnt that fast becouse they genrly playing agesnt slow deffenders.i always here the commentry saying look how fast he is bla bla bla but they arnt realy fast i bet you any money that is they raced in the 100 meters with the best sprinters they will be shown how slow they realy are.my questions is what makes the top player faster then the rest

Midfielder

So what's your point about this topic? You got a question or something you want us to know in mind that will help us? The "my question is that the fastest players like henry,martins,cronaldo,lennon they realy arnt that fast becouse they genrly playing agesnt slow deffenders" doesn't ask much.
Last edited by Midfielder on 15 Jul 2007, 13:21, edited 1 time in total.

Viduka
Veteran Member

catalan wrote:my questions is what makes the top player faster then the rest
Good overall body strength.

anhkhoashevakt

The best footballers of course can't compete with the best sprinters for running speed :lol: (Henry is very fast and I think he can though) but they have the tachniques that can help them pass defenders. So running is not a real problem to them I think . :)

belija91
Veteran Member

Genetics, training, body strength
What the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Trust me, they are fast. Ok maybe not 100m sprinter fast but not far off of it either. Kaka sprinted with the ball 50 meters in somewhere around 5 seconds vs. Celtic in the CL last year. That's fast, so don't say they aren't really that fast...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

J
Admin

catalan wrote:i bet you any money that is they raced in the 100 meters with the best sprinters they will be shown how slow they realy are
The difference is that 100 meter sprinters train specifically for that type of race. Footballers hardly ever sprint 100 yards.

I bet you if those players you mentioned raced against 100 meter sprinters, in a 20 or 30 yard race, those footballers wouldn't lose as easily as they would in a 100 meter race.

Having explosive speed of the line is much more important in soccer than being able to sprint fast over a longer distance. The players you mentioned do have excellent speed, and it's due to genetics mostly, and also of course proper training and flexibility.

ballackfan
Veteran Member

Yeah, I never heard player ran below 10 seconds, I heard Bobby Carlos ran 10.8 seconds which is very fast for a short man and Ronaldo9 ran pretty close to that too. World class sprinter ran just above 10 seconds and lower.

Usually the fastest player are the strikers, next are probably defenders who are purely quick and agile. To be honest fastest player ain't far from the fastest man in the world(Asafa Powell) since some of them changed their dream of becoming sprinter to a football player, like Wayne Bridge(Chelsea) and Emile Heskey(Wigan).

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

ballackfan wrote:Yeah, I never heard player ran below 10 seconds, I heard Bobby Carlos ran 10.8 seconds which is very fast for a short man and Ronaldo9 ran pretty close to that too. World class sprinter ran just above 10 seconds and lower.

Usually the fastest player are the strikers, next are probably defenders who are purely quick and agile. To be honest fastest player ain't far from the fastest man in the world(Asafa Powell) since some of them changed their dream of becoming sprinter to a football player, like Wayne Bridge(Chelsea) and Emile Heskey(Wigan).
... and some people go from footballer to sprinter, such as D. Powell. :wink:

Saibomb
Veteran Member

Dude, they are fast. I've seen a few professional games, and some of the players are freaking unbelievably fast.

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Yeah saying that from watching on a TV standpoint is totally wrong. When you actually see a sideline camera you see how fast these games are. Going to a game also shows you this, they're freaking fast!!!
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

christiano_italia
Sophomore Member

Well some strikers who are not always fast can still be some of the best in the world. Ronaldo wasnt the fastest sprinter but he has great ball controll and nearly perfect finishing and still is the best.

kflair

also their reaction spped may be greater allowing them to move before their opponents so they look faster. they are also fast in general
Aim for the big white box and miss the guy in the the middle

TH14
Veteran Member

Those attackers are just overall faster. They're burning defenders even when they have the ball and, to me, I think you can run a little faster without the ball than with it. Henry, Ronaldo, Martins, and Lennon are just faster than the average defender, face it. I'd bet my money on Henry and Ronaldo against any defender any day of the week.
Credit to keller8

"Arsenal will always be in my heart, my blood, my head." - Thierry Henry

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

some of the fastest players are fast :idea: bit of a simple question

i think the fastest players could race against top athletes and not be emmbarrased (they would lose) but it would show how fast they are