Build MUSCLES with out weights,,,

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
adnankhan
Veteran Member

Build MUSCLES with out weights,,,

Post by adnankhan »

I know every 1 dont got enough time or money to to the gym...so hare it goes...how u can built u r self with no machines or nothing just youre self and mind

ABDOMINALS (LOWER ABS):

Bent Knee Abdominal Hip Raises
Exercise Advice: Begin by lying on a mat on your back with your hands at your sides and your knees bent with your feet raised two inches off the floor. Bring your pelvis up and your knees up toward your chest, contracting your abdominals and hold for a two second count. Return to the start position and repeat until failure.

Abdominal Flutter Kicks
Exercise Advice: Start by lying flat on your back on a mat with your arms by your sides and your palms down. Extend your legs fully with a slight bend in your knees. Lift your heels about 6 inches off the floor. Make small, rapid up and down scissor-like motions with your legs. The key is to focus on having your midsection do the work and to keep your abs constantly contracted throughout the exercise.

ABDOMINALS (MIDDLE ABS):
crunches

Exercise Advice: Lie on your back on the floor on a mat with your feet flat on the floor and your knees bent. Place your hands on either side of your head and execute the exercise by crunching your abs forward, so as to touch your elbows to your knees. Really focus on keeping your midsection contracted throughout the entire exercise. Slowly lower your body back to the start position and repeat.

Abdominal Butt Raises
Exercise Advice: Start in a pushup-like position with your elbows and forearms flat on the ground and your legs stretched out straight, keeping your knees off the ground. Lift your butt upward, putting the emphasis on your abs to do the lifting. Return to the start position and repeat.

ABDOMINALS (OBLIQUES/SIDES):
Exercise Advice: Lie flat on your back on a mat with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Place your right hand over your right ear. Crunch your midsection up and across, trying to touch your right elbow to your left knee. Concentrate on contracting your midsection throughout the movement. Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.

Fingers To Heel Oblique Touchers
Exercise Advice: Begin by lying on your back on a mat on the floor with both feet flat on the floor as well. Keep both arms laid flat on the floor by your sides. Start this exercise by having one hand reach to touch your heel on its same side. The motion will be similar to a regular crunch. Repeat this step on the opposite side for as many repetitions as you can. This exercise is designed to target your oblique muscles.

back:
Pull Ups

BICEPS
Chin UPs

CHEST
Push Ups is good....there is nothig more effective than push ups for chest
and there is a lot of way to do pushups look at this video
http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/my_video ... tions.html

NECK
just take u r head back and forth....

TRICEPS
Do normal push ups...but make sure u r hands r closer to each other,,,

BUTT

CALVES

Or u can run or walk around in u r toes

HAMSTRINGS
Exercise Advice: Stand up with your feet about shoulder width apart and grab onto a squat rack or something sturdy. To perform this exercise, simply curl one of your legs back behind you so as to actually kick yourself in the butt with your heel. Be sure to keep your knee still and really focus on using your butt and hamstring to do the work. Again, be sure to really flex your butt and hamstring for a one-count when your leg is at the top of the movement back behind you. Return to the start position and repeat with the opposite leg.

QUADS
Jump Squats...

Source......shapefit.com [edit]
[/b]
Last edited by adnankhan on 11 Jul 2007, 17:36, edited 5 times in total.
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski »

Good find. :wink:

The abdominal butt raise and butt exercises are pretty funny too. :P :lol:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin
adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan »

rzadzinski wrote:Good find. :wink:

but they r really effective...
rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

Post by rzadzinski »

adnankhan wrote:
rzadzinski wrote:Good find. :wink:

but they r really effective...
Yes they really are. :D
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin
deano7

Post by deano7 »

thanks alot i think these are really good and i will be putting them into my pre season scedule! :D
Never Criticise your own ability.
~Dynamic_Dinamo~

Post by ~Dynamic_Dinamo~ »

that seems like a decent routine to tone your muscles or to stay in shape but to build muscle like the title says you would really need some thing with overall greater intensity (like weights)
Star

Post by Star »

Well in my experience in training, because I love training and things like this the ONLY way to build muscles is in the kitchen.

These exercises will tax the muscles and cause hypertrophy IF you have the right amount of training + the right amount of nutrients.

The actual training you do is not really important, your body will respond to just about anything you do, it loves to keep itself in balance which if you want to be scientific is called HOMEOSTASIS.

So fortunately for you, when you push your body past the limits that it can handle with the current muscle strength is has, it will recruit more muscle cells to help you in your struggles. This means it NEEDS more proteins to build the muscle, and for it to get stronger it needs MORE cells.

So this is why training for strength is awesome, because as you try and build strength the body recruits more muscles cells and you get bigger too! Nifty huh?

So what I do to build bigger and stronger muscles is:

1. Continually increase the intensity weekly.

2. Change up the exercises.

3. Eat for a purpose not for pleasure.

4. Cycling the exercises and intensity.

So by changing the intensity the body can never rest itself and feel like it doesnt need to change and therefore is always perceiving that it needs more strength and muscular size to deal with the demands. So this is what is the INCREASING INTENSITY.

I change up the exercises I do so my body isnt used to doing the same movements week in and week out because like I said the body LOVES to be in homeostasis and when it realises it is doing the same movements again and again then it will stop improving itself to handle the exercise.

Eating for a purpose! This is where I eat to recover from days activities and if im looking to gain muscular mass then im looking to eat an excess of calories from clean food sources and making sure my diet is rich in proteins in order for the body to put on minimal fat and maximal muscle mass.

Cycling the intensity is VERY important too. Obviously I cannot increase intensity permanently because my body will burn out and possibly reverse the effects of what Ive been aiming to acheive. So a routine like this is good for training:

WEEK 1 (EXAMPLE) = 50 pushups
WEEK 2 (EXAMPLE) = 60 pushups
WEEK 3 (EXAMPLE) = 65 pushups
WEEK 4 (EXAMPLE) = 40 pushups
WEEK 5 (EXAMPLE) = 50 pushups

For three weeks I push forward to gain new levels of intensity and strength, but then I have week 4 where I drop below what I did for the first week to let my body recover whilst still working (ACTIVE RECOVERY).

The fifth week is a return to the original intensity and therefore indicates recovery of the muscles :)

Hope this helped my friend,

Star!
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Another amazing post by Star. Thanks for the help mate, it is really much appreciated.
adnankhan
Veteran Member

Post by adnankhan »

yes excellent post star.....
Star

Post by Star »

Its no problem, my pleasure.

If anyone has troubles with developing their bodies or physical training questions feel free to ask me, I am really very much into it and would love to help!

Star!
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Star wrote:Cycling the intensity is VERY important too. Obviously I cannot increase intensity permanently because my body will burn out and possibly reverse the effects of what Ive been aiming to acheive. So a routine like this is good for training:

WEEK 1 (EXAMPLE) = 50 pushups
WEEK 2 (EXAMPLE) = 60 pushups
WEEK 3 (EXAMPLE) = 65 pushups
WEEK 4 (EXAMPLE) = 40 pushups
WEEK 5 (EXAMPLE) = 50 pushups

For three weeks I push forward to gain new levels of intensity and strength, but then I have week 4 where I drop below what I did for the first week to let my body recover whilst still working (ACTIVE RECOVERY).

The fifth week is a return to the original intensity and therefore indicates recovery of the muscles :)
With a routine like that, how many days a week would you do pushups?
Icy
Veteran Member

Post by Icy »

Ajc it really depends on what you can handle. Lets say you do it every day for one week and you get your goal amount of push-ups each day with the same amount of breaks. If you're capable of that with also your other training than you can do it every day.

This although is not the case with most people because their work capacity isn't "elite". Lets say you do it 3 days in a row and then you stuggle to get 10. If that is the case you should do it 2 days then a day off then you can do it 2 days again. That way your body would still have time to recover without you pushing it too much when it's already "broken down".

So really this is up to what you can accomplish. Set a goal number of reps and see how many days you can keep that up without having more breaks or having to start putting in breaks. Then you can take a day or two off from that number and you should be able to do it that many days and then a day or two off.

Just remember though quality > quantity. If you're using horrendous form just to accomplish these you might as well get someone to injury you right then and there. If you can accomplish 20 push-ups then you shouldn't make your goal 200 and then after 20 start getting momentum and stuff into the push-up just to get yourself up.

I hope I helped a bit if not then just let me know. :P
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Thanks Icy, that definately helped. One thing I don't know enough about is the physio side of football, so it's a big help to have people like you and star posting your knowledge.
Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer »

Hey guys, in Soccer4life's pushups routine viewtopic.php?highlight=pushups&t=7042, it said to increase intensity per 5 days. Yet here Star says to do an intensity cycle. So anyway I was just wondering, why not do a 2 steps forward one step backward routine, sth like:
5 days (EXAMPLE) = 50 pushups
5 days (EXAMPLE) = 60 pushups
5 days (EXAMPLE) = 65 pushups
5 days (EXAMPLE) = 50 pushups
5 days (EXAMPLE) = 60 pushups

Like that ya can have active rest and recovery, and intensity cycle, yet still increase...no?
Lagerjord
New User

Post by Lagerjord »

thanks for these adnankhan
they will really help me