fat burning

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
h

is there anything thats is more effective at burning fat then running
if i HAVE TO i will run but are there any alternate methods

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Yea eat healthier and go on a diet also works. Seriously man, the best way to burn fat is to run, it really isnt hard, i go for a run every day, for building up stamina, its easy and you feel much better afterwards.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

h

well tbh i dont no 4 sure but i wudnt call myself fat but i jus want to show the lean muscle on myself a bit more so i cnt reli diet or change my eating very much cuz it reli isnt so bad plus im diabetic

also a personal question 4 u : when u started how long did u run/jog for and how long did it take u to build up 2 what u r now ??

soccerjunkie

swimming burns calories faster than running does.

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

sorry if I bore anyone here and if this is in the wrong section, but thats the whole reason I got into soccer is... one rainy day I decided I wanted 6 pack abs :) so I read on the internet that running was the best way to burn fat, well thast what I thought at the time. So that day I decided to go for a run aroudn the block, say about 3 minutes, after that I felt pretty good so I decided to go for another - 3 minutes, and another - 3 mintues, so that day I ran for about 9 minutes. The next day I started eating like a vego (vegetarian), lots of greens, like no fats, and fruit ect. after school that day I also went for more runs, still I did 10 minutesish of running. The next day I lifted the bar and went for 15 minutes, and I kept on raising the bar so I eventuly built it up to 45 min!! you hear 45 min!!! lol for my age that was pretty good, so I ended up winning the cross country for school, and districts, and I came 15th at regionals - not bad considering I had a massive gut 2 months before. Now I bet your wondering how all this helped my football, well that year I was reasonably fit and we were having a trial match for club soccer, as usual there were the 'hot shots' who were in div 1 since they were knee high to a duck and since I had just come fresh out of the cricket season my catching skills were pretty flash, so that game a saved 15ish goals and kept my composure, the head coach was pretty impressed that I saved alot of the 'hot shots' shots on goal and he said that the div 1 team were looking for a goal keeper, so I acceptd the offer rocking up on tuesday and having my first ever decent training session. while all this time I was still running and I had built up my endurace to about 30 minutes. The season passed and I did pretty good, now by this time I knew I few more international players henry, ronaldinho ect. and I started to idolize them, especialy ronaldinho, with his magic touches ect. so about 3 quarters of season gone I started to train with juggling, passing, heading, shooting ect. but with all the other players having so much more experience than me I couldn't catch up... not that season anyway, so into the off season I focused for months on my dribbling and moves. when I had built up my resistence to 45 minutes I got an injury for 'over doing it' and my fitness got really crap after that, but now I'm running again and my resistence is 30 minutes - above average for my age. So I hope that answers your question but everyones different, the only to find whats right for you is to phisicaly go out there and run and push yourself, that the only way to get fitter is push yourself

h

ensoul thas very inspirational
can i jus say how old wer u wen that season was goin on
cuz i feel like that now im a l8 starter and im struggling to catch up

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

trust me on this one h it's never to late to begin, I thuoght the same thing when I tried to be an on field player, but I kept at it training sessions down the park, ball at my feet, I played whenever I could and now I'm better than half of those people eg. when I started I couldn'd even do 3 juggles, now I can do 350 non stop. oh yeah and I was 12 - 13 that season.

Harry_121
New User

My friend you can try Glucagon for burning fat. I first learned about Glucagon when I was a teenager. My old man is a firefighter, and I remember him injecting this hormone into a patient that was hypoglycemic. I asked him why and he explained what glucagon did and why he injected it. The reason was to release the stored energy in the patients body and get him out of this hypoglycemic state.
need tramadol for pain

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

EnSoUl wrote:sorry if I bore anyone here and if this is in the wrong section, but thats the whole reason I got into soccer is... one rainy day I decided I wanted 6 pack abs :) so I read on the internet that running was the best way to burn fat, well thast what I thought at the time. So that day I decided to go for a run aroudn the block, say about 3 minutes, after that I felt pretty good so I decided to go for another - 3 minutes, and another - 3 mintues, so that day I ran for about 9 minutes. The next day I started eating like a vego (vegetarian), lots of greens, like no fats, and fruit ect. after school that day I also went for more runs, still I did 10 minutesish of running. The next day I lifted the bar and went for 15 minutes, and I kept on raising the bar so I eventuly built it up to 45 min!! you hear 45 min!!! lol for my age that was pretty good, so I ended up winning the cross country for school, and districts, and I came 15th at regionals - not bad considering I had a massive gut 2 months before. Now I bet your wondering how all this helped my football, well that year I was reasonably fit and we were having a trial match for club soccer, as usual there were the 'hot shots' who were in div 1 since they were knee high to a duck and since I had just come fresh out of the cricket season my catching skills were pretty flash, so that game a saved 15ish goals and kept my composure, the head coach was pretty impressed that I saved alot of the 'hot shots' shots on goal and he said that the div 1 team were looking for a goal keeper, so I acceptd the offer rocking up on tuesday and having my first ever decent training session. while all this time I was still running and I had built up my endurace to about 30 minutes. The season passed and I did pretty good, now by this time I knew I few more international players henry, ronaldinho ect. and I started to idolize them, especialy ronaldinho, with his magic touches ect. so about 3 quarters of season gone I started to train with juggling, passing, heading, shooting ect. but with all the other players having so much more experience than me I couldn't catch up... not that season anyway, so into the off season I focused for months on my dribbling and moves. when I had built up my resistence to 45 minutes I got an injury for 'over doing it' and my fitness got really crap after that, but now I'm running again and my resistence is 30 minutes - above average for my age. So I hope that answers your question but everyones different, the only to find whats right for you is to phisicaly go out there and run and push yourself, that the only way to get fitter is push yourself
Wait... what exactly is "your age."

EnSoUl
Veteran Member

I'm 13 now, but it was last year I got into it all so I was 12

h

ensoul... thanks so much dude thats nice advice its jus disheartening to fink i started so l8 14 im 15 now every1 else started at like 7 so its like trying to get gd at sumin wen its near enuff impossible to play at the same level as them

Icy
Veteran Member

You started late? I didn't take it seriously until I was 16 (now 17) and that was 10 monthes ago (quit playing at 12/13). Sure they may have started playing at 7 but they certainly don't give 100% at practices. If they did give 100% they would be in higher leagues than someone that started playing at 14.

I started my season this year as the person in the second worst fitness (medical reasons) but end up being in the best fitness. How? I gave it everything I had, at first it was a race in my head against the people in front of me but quickly it turned into me seeing how much fatigue I could fight through.

Not only was I at a lack of fitness but I also hadn't touched a ball in those 4 years besides just trying to get past my record of 11 consecutive juggles ( :lol: ) at the time. Atleast 4 or 5 people had been on varsity for 3 years, granted many were moved up due to lack of people (for subs) but they still had to practice at the practices.

So what happened by the end of the season? I was moved from a defensive wing to striker\center midfield and I took the place of people that played there for 3 years.

The key is not to think of your "starting late" as a disadvantage if anything it should give you the motivation to practice outside of practice. Granted you shouldn't make the practices outside of it intense but doing things like juggling or working on your technique for kicks will greatly improve your game.

I kind of rambled on but I hope you understand what I mean by this post. :P
"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness"

h

:D i completely understand thanks icy that was very moving :wink: