Back problem

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
finny06

It's nearing the end of the season (1 game left infact) , and i've had the back problem for the past 3 weeks or so, so i've struggled through because its the end of the season and ill have time to recover then, but i think i've pulled a muscle in the lower right of my back. its like after 5 minutes of running it starts to hurt, when im moving or pressure is put on it basically, so i think it's just a pulled muscle or maybe torn im not sure. has anyone done this or can suggest anything/excercises to do to speed it up is it just rest :( ?

Thanks

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

If it's been a while, maybe its good to go see a doctor.

Otherwise, it might be a pulled back muscle which never gets a chance to heal or something like that. Try and rest...
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

dareliss
Veteran Member

try to use so medicine maybe it would help, i had what kind of problem so i used BENGEY it's some kind of cream for places what hurts, but it helps :lol:
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Is it your lower back? I had the same problem and made a list of stuff I could do. I tried to ignore my back problem and only started taking action a month before the my State tournament. A lot of the times, you need to stretch your hamstrings by lying on your back and bring your leg to your chest and press down. Also, lay down on your stomach press up with your hands so that you are in a "seal" position.
Heres my exercise and stretching list:
Toe Touch -simply bend forward at the waist, with legs relatively straight, and try to touch the toes and hold this position.

Chair Toe touch -sit on a chair and place the legs straight out in front on another chair, then reach forward to try to touch the toes. One leg at a time may be stretched.

Spine Twist – Take a football position stance and try to look behind you while keeping you hands on you legs.

Tuck stretch
Lie on the floor or bed. Keeping the back of your head down, pull your knees to your chest. Push lower back towards the ground and hold for 15 seconds. Relax and repeat three times.

Standing lower back stretch
Stand with your feet hip-width apart, feet firmly planted on the ground, with your hands supporting your lower back and keeping you chin to your chest. Gently arch your back. Hold for 15 seconds. You should feel a stretch in your lower back and possibly front hips.

Lower back stretch
Sit - right leg straight, left leg crossing over right leg with left foot on the floor. Place your right elbow on the outside of bent left leg and left hand behind you. Turn your head to look over left shoulder. Hold for 15 seconds. Reverse position and look the other way.

Prone Cobra -Lie flat on your stomach with your hands directly below your shoulders as though you were preparing to do a pushup. Keep your hips on the mat and slowly extend your arms, pressing your torso off the floor, until you feel a good stretch along the front of your body. Focus on remaining extended out from the hips in order to prevent hyperextension of the lower back

Excercises
Cat-Camel - Starting Position: Kneel down on the floor and assume the "all-four's" position. Keep your head straight so that the gaze of your eyes is toward the floor.
Action: Slowly allow your trunk to sag as far as you can so that your back is arched Do no, pull it down. but let it relax as you lift up your face towards the ceiling Then round your back up at the waist as far as you can by contracting your lower abdominal muscles as you lower the top of your head toward the floor. All motion should be initiated from your low back Do Not Cause Pain.

Lower Abdominal Exercises Starting Position: Lie on your back on a table or firm surface. Knees bent and feet flat on the table. Flatten your back to the floor by pulling your abdominal muscles up and in.
Action:
A. Bring one knee toward your chest. Hold this position for _20___ seconds. Lower your leg to the starting position. Then repeat on your opposite knee.
B. Bring one knee toward your chest. Straighten the knee Hold for __20__ seconds Slowly lower the leg to the starting position. Repeat on opposite leg.
C. Raise your leg keeping your knee straight. Hold for _20___ seconds. Slowly lower the leg to the floor. Repeat on the opposite leg.
Maintain your pelvic tilt and keep your resting leg relaxed at all times. Do not hold your breath. Do Not Cause Pain.

Do these stretch each day when you wake up, and when you go to bed. Do them again before each match.

(I got this info from various websites)

finny06

Thanks everyone, especially pickyourheadup. I'm sorry about the late reply, i actually forgot i'd made this thread. Today was a penalty shootout for the club for fun since the seasons ended, and i felt fine in the morning and my back was fine until i started playing. so i think it purely needs time (which makes me assume it's a strained/pulled muscle) . So i'm just going to rest it for a long time.
i went to the doctors the other week and they took a blood test and i haven't got any actual medical problems so the doctor said she could refer me to a sports recovery clinic but i said ill just rest it and see how that goes because it's getting better when i rest it so the hardest treatment of all, doing nothing :( . though i will try those excercises pickyourheadup, thanks.

Ballack13
Veteran Member

It could be your pelvis is out of line. he same thing happened to me, go to physio they'll know what to do. I had all the same feelings like u and now its fine.