Niggling injuries

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Magicfeet

Since I tore my knee ligaments a couple of years ago, I've never fully recovered. Sometimes my knee starts hurting again, and very occasionally gives way.

I bend my leg sideways and back VERY quickly in shimmy's, and I think it's screwed my knee permanently. Do you think my knee maybe still has a small tear or something? Or is it just weak?

Also, who else has injuries that just won't go away?

Gunner_d14

I tore my too but i got the operation for it and doesn't give much probs now...but if i do take a heavy knock on it..it kinda goes beyond hurt
-The Beloved One-

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

I have achellies problems on both ankles. They're no fun, and they can ache by doing simple things (running up stairs, jumping, etc)
God damn brewery!!!

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

dont worry...try taking contrast baths...i had an injury wen i went to england for soccer and a week later it was fine after contrast baths

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

magicfeet try to strengthen your knees and thighs by doing squats and other exercises which can help strengthen your legs. and also u shuld try to stretch your thighs as much as you can to avoid injury( i think the muscles are connected to your knees or something) if that doesnt work see a doctor to check if everything is alright since your injury
good luck

jcdenton
Veteran Member

i have some problems with right knee, my friend hurted me almost 3 years ago. even now i can see some bone under the knee, like it fell out, but i don't give a damn. it used to hurt me pretty much, i thought of leaving football, but after 2-3 months it stopped hurting, only i have bone under the knee that slipped for about 1 cm, it looks :wink: strange

Magicfeet

Thanks for the advice El Maestro. My knee is fine at the moment, but if it starts playing up again I'm going to get it checked out.

Gunner_d14

hows about the bob thing on your foot..well toe big toe..when that get sprained or something..it's hard to heal and hurts like crap when you kick the ball
-The Beloved One-

B Heck

Some injuries aren't just niggling, they require surgery. I am an expert in this area, having completely torn or ruptured an ACL, a biceps tendon, and an achilles. All of which required surgery to reconnect. Then there are the back, hip, and rotator cuff strains, but those could be rehabilitated without surgery. Progressive weight training has been the most useful in rehabbing most of these. Have to be patient though and start with establishing correct range of motion and biomechanics first, then progressively strengthen things with really light weights that slowly increase by 2.5-10 pounds per week (15/week for the deadlift in the case of rehabbing the achilles, but I was aiming for a deadlift record of 720 lbs).

Gunner_d14

honestly unless the money was top draw...i'd retire after my third injury..serious ones anyhow....i don't like surgery....
-The Beloved One-

B Heck

Retire from what, life? I keep finding new and more interesting ways to injure myself. Soccer did the ACL, flag football did the achilles, weightlifting did the biceps, back, hip, and shoulder (and crushed finger, forgot about that). I'm putting the local orthopedic surgeon's kid through college.

expert
Site Admin

There's a great quote from Stoichkov that's very appropriate for this topic: "If you play football, you'll get injured on the pitch. If you don't play football, you'll trip somewhere and hurt yourself off the pitch."