Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 17

deano7

should a cold stop me training?

Post by deano7 » 18 Nov 2006, 13:07

I need to do some extra fitness and speed work on my own i have it all planned out but i feel ill and keep coughing shud i just rest over the weekend instead?
Never Criticise your own ability.

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 18 Nov 2006, 14:09

Your prioraty should be to get rest, you dont want to go out and make it worse. So i think that you should give yourself plenty of rest and see how you are tomorrow , and maybe then try doing some fitness and speed work.

Pokerized

Post by Pokerized » 18 Nov 2006, 14:58

A few days off from soccer won't hurt much at all. I was recently out for 3 weeks due to surgury before returning to soccer yesterday and I was still at almost my peak performance. Practicing while you have a cold or flu could potentially really hurt you, so I advise to take days off until you feel completely better.

When I got a cold during the soccer season (twice :( ) I kept playing because my team needs me for games (Don't mean to be arrogant or anything, but they really do) and I felt like total **** afterwards. If I could have taken the days off it would have been much better for my health.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 19 Nov 2006, 18:45

I would have to go with these guys and tell you to get some well-earned rest ;)

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 19 Nov 2006, 19:16

Well, one weekend of fitness practice is enough to double the intensity of your cold. I doubt that you want that. Try some meds to see if you can be back to normal in 2-3 or so days... :wink:

zachariah87
Sophomore Member

Post by zachariah87 » 20 Nov 2006, 15:01

yes you should rest but i usually dont stop playing which probably slows my recovery period. I notice, with me, that i feel a lot better after playing when i am sick. I dont stop for a cold but drink lots of water and sleep.
"I'm sure sex wouldn't be as rewarding as winning the World Cup. It's not that sex isn't good, but the World Cup is every four years and sex is not." Ronaldo, Brazilian player

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Post by XstaticX » 29 Nov 2006, 04:24

I read from the Body4Life website.

Aerobic Training is ok during an illness.
Anaerobic Exercise compromises your immune system.

So jog or do a stationary bike, but do not lift or sprint.

nlaz_rocks
New User

Post by nlaz_rocks » 08 Dec 2006, 02:41

If you were devoted to soccer. You wouldn't worry about a simple cold. They come and go but soccer can slip by if you don't grap it. You don't have to agree with me after all I am new to soccer, but one chance is all you need and you might miss it if you don't feel good.

Best thing= don't get cold and take your vitamins.

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 08 Dec 2006, 21:02

I still have a cold, have had one for like 2 weeks, its a little less bad now but I still havent stopped practising, and I practise 2+ hours a day and fitness is seperate.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>