too weak

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
medved

i have been playing team soccer since i was 5 and most people can tell from my skills. The problem is that all the other athletes my age(be it other footballers , hockey players etc.) are very muscular and they have muscles popping out their thighs and veiny arms etc. I am only 5 foot tall and i am 16 weighing 90 pounds. I cant kick hard like people on my team or run fast as i have like no leg muscle. When i walk in shorts i just see the fat on mi leg with no muscles being flexed as if i were 5 or 6 years old. I havn't realy grown in years and years and i have always been very active. Why cant i be naturaly ripped like all the other athletes my age who have played sports for over a decade. Do i have some kind of muscle problem or wat is it. No matter how much i play soccer or do pushups and other exercises it seems like mi muscles always stay the same. I am super sore after a game and cant run anymore because i always pull mi very weak muscles. What must i do or what kind of food must i eat so mi body develops and becomes stronger like a normal human?

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Hey mate, sounds like this has something to do with your genes. If you could answer these questions, I might be able to help you with your problem
-Approximate height of your parents?
-Is your dad muscular, or strong?
-When was the last time you grew?

Thank you

Falcao

no theres no problem. you must practice speed.
take push ups every night.
and practice speed.

heres a idea.
first take a jog. then
set up 5 cones or w.e you can use as cones.

set the cones in a distance of 4/5 meters between every cone.
then start on cone 1 and run to cone 2 and the back to cone 1 and run to cone
3 and then back to cone 1 and to cone 4 and back to cone 1.
do this 3 rounds. take a min break between every round.

after your done, stretch out or jog slowly 1 round around the field.

this advice i have given to many.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

Sorry to put it so bluntly but maybe you are a late bloomer. If that is the case then dont worry you will start developing soon. But, if I am wrong then you might be one of those people who are just naturally slim. I know many people like this and usually even though they are slim they still have strength and endurance when they work out. Maybe you should try to push yourself to the limit and build your endurance and strength. Or maybe you should try to have a better diet. I dont know what the answer is, but try everything to push yourself. good luck

ajc
The Philly Flyer

I think you should try heavy weight lifting.

Heavy weights in small repitions builds large muscles, and lighter weights in many repititions increases endurance, so you probably want to start heavy weight lifting.

medved

My parents are both around 5 and a half feet like i think my dad may be 5'6 so ya he is pretty short for a man. I think I grew maybe an inch in the summer but nothing significant my voice is not as low as most of my friends but im almost 16 now it can't stay like this forever can it? I mean I can probably compare my body to that of a 12 year old's. WHen I tell people im in grade 11 they wont even believe me! SHould I do cardio or muscle strengthening or both or niether helps? See the thing is its easy to say go to push ups but infact the problem is I do and I play soccer, for over 10 years I have and I'm just active because I love soccer but it seems when I do sports I dont develop and become strong like my friends do. MY viens don't even stick out like most athletes. Maybe I am despositioned to be small and weak I dont know but the good knews is i'm finally above ninety pounds the problem is I dont look any bigger or fatter and im not eating that much but the scale somehow keeps reading more and more :?

BosnianNedim

this summer i was 5'1 around 97 pounds and it was the end of 10th grade...i'm now 5'7 120 pounds and i'm still gonna grow around 4 inches according to my doctor...

don't worry man you'll get your time aswell just be patient!

medved

you are telling me you grew 6 inches in 4 months? wow man thats awsome if you did . Do you feel tired or weak during all the growing. Did you just eat like a ton?