Staying in shape

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
gamecockfreak
Sophomore Member

i have been running and doing some strength circuits thruout the summer and practices started around 3 mounts ago. I stopped running and doing all the other stuff and just did the practices(2x a week). At the practices we run alot and they are very intense. I also have games about every week where i run alot. Do I need to keep running every day or will what im doing be enough to keep me in shape.
"Sometimes in football you have to score goals"
-Thierry Henry

andres90
New User

i have also wondered about this because before my team started doing pre season i started conditioning by myself and at the begginning of the season i was the fastest on the team... as the season progressed i felt that i was starting to fall behind even though we do running at practice and i run a lot during games.... i dont know if i should keep conditioning or if this will affect my performances on the weekends (games)?

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

I recommend running at home as well as with the team. None of the pro players only did workouts with the team. They ran and practiced at home for hours. You should at least run a few miles alone once every week.
Last edited by Soccer4Life on 09 Oct 2006, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

gamecockfreak
Sophomore Member

thank you for that. i think i will start running more often
-Thierry Henry

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Glad that I could help. I wish you good luck!

FalcaoFanForFree
New User

If you wanna stay in shape dont go alone, get a few of your other football mates and organize a run or practice on the side to increase the agility and condition of the entire team rather then just one(no offense) also perhaps at the begining of the season other players werent in shape and you were then your natural muscle striation took its toll?

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

FalcaoFanForFree, often it is hard to organize runs for the entire team, or even just a few people from the team. Everyone on the team has a different schedule, and different commitments outside of football. Also, I believe gamecockfreak wants to run once or more week. And, sorry for my skeptism, but there is most likely no way he can organize runs for the team every week. Every person on the team to worry about their own fitness; therefore their fitness is not gamecockfreak's responsibility. Besides, it is good to have a [friendly] competitive edge with your teammates. He may want to strive ahead in fitness.

See where I'm coming from?

interfan1992

a little off topic, but does anybody know any drills to get a little faster on the off season? I play fullback, and I need all the speed I can get
"La Grande Inter"

gamecockfreak
Sophomore Member

you are right soccer4life I do not have the time to organize team runs and I personally think that everyone should do their own fitness routine since everyone is different. Thank you all for your help and I think i will make a new fitness routine
-Thierry Henry

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

interfan1992 wrote:a little off topic, but does anybody know any drills to get a little faster on the off season? I play fullback, and I need all the speed I can get
For the best response to your question I recommend searching or creating a new topic.