Foods for energy to improve Stamina?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Amanfi
New User

Foods for energy to improve Stamina?

Post by Amanfi » 22 Sep 2006, 00:39

What are the best food to eat when trying to gain stamina..i mean whem ur stamina really sux and u need to improve it. ty. :)

medved

Post by medved » 23 Sep 2006, 06:55

Cardiovascular training is the only way you are going to improve your stamina. Try jogging for 30-40 minutes a day at a pace you feel challenges you for the entire time while still alowing you to sustain. This pace will get higher aand higher as you get fitter. The only food I can think of that makes me feel less tired during intense exercise is caffiene so try a cup of black coffee before a game and see if that helps.

J
Admin

Post by J » 23 Sep 2006, 07:03

medved wrote:The only food I can think of that makes me feel less tired during intense exercise is caffiene so try a cup of black coffee before a game and see if that helps.
Caffeine is one of the last things I would recommend before any strenuous activity.

If you want to have energy on a consistant basis, then just eat healthy most of the time, it's pretty simple. Stay away from alot of sugar and junk food. just stick to natural foods as much as you can. It's the same old things over and over again that you hear all the time.

The information is easy to get on all this. It's having the discipline to stick to it that is the tough part.

Also, staying properly hydrated is a big part of having a good amount of energy while running or playing in a game. Drink lots of water consistantly throughout the day, everyday, even when you're not thirsty. It makes a HUGE difference.

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 23 Sep 2006, 18:33

Pasta with sauces that dont have much fat is a good choice. (or pasta without sauce) Drink lots and lots of water. Stay away from sodas.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 09 Oct 2006, 18:37

I usually eat about 2 hours before I go running. I almost always have spaghetti. (My mom is such a good cook!) But in the unnatural case that I don't feel hungry, I eat a salad and some break sticks. Anything with simple carbs.