14 year old having a little pain after bending knees

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
stevengerrard8

hi guys,
im 14 and whenever i bend my knees, and then straighten them, it hurts after i straighten them for like 30 seconds... is it cuz of growing.. or what..
my mom has a little guess she says its cuz my hamstrings are fat. but they're
not that fat..
any help would be appreciated! :D

~Dynamic_Dinamo~

I had the same type of problem at that age and it was enough to prevent me from playing football for a whole season. If you had a noticable growth spurt lately then you may have osgood schlatter disease. Because bones grow faster than muscle tissue, your tendons in your knee have a hard time growing at the same rate and end up getting stretched out which causes soreness.

stevengerrard8

will everything be okay? do i have to do something or its ok..

stevengerrard8

naww man thanks for the help but its not osgood schlatter, because at the site i read that you have to have a lump under your knee cap and im sure i dont.

its probably just some random pain after a game... or maybe cuz i have never worked my quadriceps out

gonna bike a little and it'll help

Dzyer
New User

You don't see it at first, but then the swelling come sup. It sounds like Osgood Schlatter to me mate.

stevengerrard8

when does it come up man? the thing is im not in pain in a game, and well im already 14

stevengerrard8

and well now it doesnt hurt either,it just hurts when i play a hard game that includes running like hell. then after i bend and hold it for like 10 seconds, and then get back up it hurts. normally it doesnt. and it doesnt hurt if i touch it, or tap it, it just hurts after bending em

steve-0
Veteran Member

stevengerrard8 wrote:hi guys,
im 14 and whenever i bend my knees, and then straighten them, it hurts after i straighten them for like 30 seconds... is it cuz of growing.. or what..
my mom has a little guess she says its cuz my hamstrings are fat. but they're
not that fat..
any help would be appreciated! :D
yes, it's cuz ur growin. your growth plate. i suggest u try not doin too much. i went through the same thing. it's like right below the knee. and it hurts after running and stuff. it also hurts when you put weight on it and bend it after running. at least that's what happened to me. and it's not because i have fat hamstrings. i'm pretty skinny. it is osgood schlatter.
Last edited by steve-0 on 26 Jan 2007, 01:27, edited 1 time in total.

Francis

Thats so wierd. I was just researching that. I have this pain in the back of my knee everytime I stretch it out or touch it. I think thats it. The thing you guys are talking about. Its only in my left knee.

steve-0
Veteran Member

mine was only in my right knee too. i broke my growth plate 3 months ago cuz i didn't take a break from soccer. i had a screw put in to hold it in place. i still cant run yet.

Mattsta

Hello this article might realte to what ur experiencing in ur knee. Maybe it won't, just skimmed thru it so it's mainly a guess but it's worth a try:

http://www.ourhealthnetwork.com/kneepain_pt.php

There u go there's the link mate ;)
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|

Mattsta

Hello this article might realte to what ur experiencing in ur knee. Maybe it won't, just skimmed thru it so it's mainly a guess but it's worth a try:

http://www.ourhealthnetwork.com/kneepain_pt.php

There u go there's the link mate ;)
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|

moucer11
New User

Hey, but how do you get rid of it, do you just grow out of it? Any tips on how to take the pain away?

soccerdynamite

i have the same problem but i had it for like 4 or 5 years does that mean i have a bad leg problem or is the growing pain last that long?...
WHAT THE HELL? WHY DO THEY SCREW HENRY ALL THE TIME? IS IT CAUSE HE'S BLACK?
what happens to a soccer player that headbutts another player?

he starts eating babys 8)

Ballack13
Veteran Member

ya ive got the osgood shlatter thing, it hurts a little bit, im also 14 and just had a huge growth spurt, if it is that then youll probably grow out of it. If it hurts wen u play then just dont play, go to a doctor or physio and get some excersises.