feel to thin

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
yuio

hi, im 5'6 Ft tall, 109 Lbs, 14 years old. I do lots of crunches running ext.. but i always have trouble against bigger people when i try to get the ball from them since they use there body to block me off from the ball. Is there anything to i can do, thanks.

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

i am the same size poeple try to i somtimes have problems with that but the easiest way to deal with it is fake one and they will turn the other then take it from them the other way. and use ur boney arms lol that helps alot poeple always complain about my arms lolstick them into there side when u push them off the ball

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

you should probably gain some pounds, but gain muscle, not fat. just work out, eat lots of proteins before you do, you have to be determined. results are what keep most poeple going
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

Fourstar

Today football is mainly about strength. You should get some muscle man. I'm 5'4 120lbs and most of that is muscle. Most of the time all my muscle comes from my thaiboxing training. Don't go out and buy protein shakes and stuff just eat a lot more. Its cheaper. Besides if your working out a lot your body will want you to eat a lot more. If you cant get any bigger, if your fast use your speed. I heard somewhere that in football if your small now a days you have to be a football genius to succeed. be creative, also don't be afraid to ram your shoulder into someone to get the ball.

yuio

hey thanks for the replies! By working out do you mean by like going to the gym and using weights or are there exersizes that i can do for my whole body just by myself?

Fourstar

If you don't want to go to the gym I don't blame you, I don't go to the gym either. The only weight lifting I do is barbell curls the rest are body weight exercises. Jump roping helps out the legs a little, I have a weighted jump rope so it works out the shoulders as well. You can also do push ups, sit ups, and pull ups or chin ups what ever you want to call it. If you need anymore help or anything pm me and i'll be glad to help you out.

Vanzman12
New User

hey man you really need to gain some weight. im trying to lose a little right now. im about the same height but im pushing 150. yea i got lazy over the summer. but anyways you should really try to push yourself towards gaining 10-15 more pounds. a little workout i like to do to get some cut is this.

for each exercise you do 10 repetitions, then stand up, go back down do 9, stand up, do 8 etc until you get to 1. i do

pushups
situps
leg raises

then i do 4 sets of 50 calf raises. make sure not to bounce but to slowly rise yourself to the top and then all the way back down.

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

This is a lot of work, too much in my opinion. To be honest though, really the best thing you can do is go to the gym to work out. If you're intimidated, don't be, as there's always someone else weaker or in worse shape than you. The program that I am on right now is the pre-season weightlifting guide from Sigi Schmid's Complete Conditioning for Soccer. For the first four weeks, on Mondays and Thursdays do: 3*12 bench press, 3*12 military press, 3*12 lat pull-down, 3*12 seated row, 3*12 bicep curl (preferably a preacher's curl, to eliminate cheating) and 3*12 lying tricep extention. On Tuesdays and Fridays do: 3*12 clean deadlift, 5*12 squat (or leg press, I prefer squats as it works more muscles) 2*20 leg extention, 4*12 leg curl, 3*15 hyperextention with body weight, 3*15 weighted calf raise. Also, do abs every day, for me I usually do weighted sit-ups with some leg throws, but there are many others that can be done. Any questions about exercises, either pm me or look on the internet.

However, if you can't get to or you don't have the time or money to join a gym, there are certain exercises you can do at home. For chest and arms, do pushups. For lats do pull-ups. Lower back do supermans (get on your stomach and lift your arms and legs so that you are balancing on your pelvic reigon, like you are flying like superman, hold as long as possible) For legs, do wall sits (back against wall, legs bent at knees at 90 degrees, hold as long as possible) or lunges (weight is optional) Plyometrics are good too.
God damn brewery!!!

Futbolstud
Veteran Member

u dont really have to be that big i never thought bout working out im happy bout my size because i can change directions quicker and im harder to hold on to. i used to get pushed off teh ball but instead of working out i worked with the ball and learned how to position myself its all bout technique even on tackles i push poeple off the ball, all u do is get low and i use my elbows to push them off and the ref call it like EVER so i say work with the ball cuz size will come