Mile time

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
dasfootball90

i recently took it two weeks ago and got 6:51 but know I have 7:03

scottS4
Veteran Member

i ran a 6:10 and felt completely fine after. (no panting or tiredness) but that was after a week or so of intense cardio preperation so i guess thats why.
also, we had to do a 1.5 mile run on a treadmill for school and i got 8:20.

MANUMAN30

i honestly think that any soccer player can be a good mile runner, if they put the effort in and train for such a race. after two years of track i got my mile time to 4:47, and without soccer it wouldn't be even close to that, so 1) soccer players have good mile times, and 2) if you wanna get endurance, join the track or cross country team at your school (if your in high school, of course)
Glory Glory Man Utd!

panchester07
Veteran Member

MANUMAN30 wrote:i honestly think that any soccer player can be a good mile runner, if they put the effort in and train for such a race. after two years of track i got my mile time to 4:47, and without soccer it wouldn't be even close to that, so 1) soccer players have good mile times, and 2) if you wanna get endurance, join the track or cross country team at your school (if your in high school, of course)
Exactly what I did the year I was an exchange student. Most kids that ran cross country and long distance in track couldn't believe how I had such good times for the mile and the 800meters. In regionals I ran the best time of the school in the 4x800 race.. All thanks to the staimina that football gave me....2.06 was the time, and yeah I recommend this to most people. I was in club soccer too so I couldn't go to all the practices but it still was worth it! Team dinners 8-9 mile runs around town, running up hills and seeing the city from up top, on thursdays we would play games that involved stamina and heart rate. It was all really fun!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

MANUMAN30

panchester07 wrote:
MANUMAN30 wrote:i honestly think that any soccer player can be a good mile runner, if they put the effort in and train for such a race. after two years of track i got my mile time to 4:47, and without soccer it wouldn't be even close to that, so 1) soccer players have good mile times, and 2) if you wanna get endurance, join the track or cross country team at your school (if your in high school, of course)
Exactly what I did the year I was an exchange student. Most kids that ran cross country and long distance in track couldn't believe how I had such good times for the mile and the 800meters. In regionals I ran the best time of the school in the 4x800 race.. All thanks to the staimina that football gave me....2.06 was the time, and yeah I recommend this to most people. I was in club soccer too so I couldn't go to all the practices but it still was worth it! Team dinners 8-9 mile runs around town, running up hills and seeing the city from up top, on thursdays we would play games that involved stamina and heart rate. It was all really fun!
yeah seriously, like i would recommend track or cross country to anyone. my track coach hates soccer players (and lax players) that don't run either, because he knows that most of them have great stamina. the only problem is that sometimes it physically drains you, like right now i have cross country in the morning, weights during 7th period, and soccer at night, and with homework i feel like sh*t every night, but that's the only downside.
Glory Glory Man Utd!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Matee I'm proud of you..... I was the same personnn...... Weights in 0 period, school 7-2, track, so long distance at 3-5 .. then club soccer....

Yes your tired, but at the end of the day, you lie in bed, with a smile of satisdaction that says "damnnn I made the most of this day".... I would choose that 10 times before having a day where I get home and just watch tv or play video games.....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

MANUMAN30

thanks mate, and yeah i completely agree the schedule sucks while youre going through the day, completely out of energy by the time i get home, but it is totally worth it and i know it will help me in the long run without a doubt
Glory Glory Man Utd!

mint
EF Drug Baron

Well i havent done any intense fitness training for a while untill yesterday, managed to do 2 miles in 15 minutes at the gym so 7 and a half minutes a mile, my aim is to get it to 6 minutes by november.
i was made to ignite

mint
EF Drug Baron

Quick update: I acheived my goal today of a 6 minute mile lol i just went for it on treadmill, 5 minute mile by november (Y).
i was made to ignite

scottS4
Veteran Member

mint wrote:Quick update: I acheived my goal today of a 6 minute mile lol i just went for it on treadmill, 5 minute mile by november (Y).
you should still aim to get a 6 minute mile on a track. treadmills are alot easier to get a lower mile time. i got 8:20 for 1.5 miles on a treadmill but on a track i'd probably take quite a bit longer.