sweating

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
fred-0

i know this might be a dumb question , but when you sweat does it mean your losing more caleroies or something like that??

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

When you sweat your releasing body heat, because your body has become too hot to keep it. I believe you do lose some calories too, that's why some lazy people go in saunas.

kevin245
Sophomore Member

yeah iwannagopro is right and it can also be in your genes. Some people sweat alot and some don't but both are probably still burning off alot of calories

mewantgood
Sophomore Member

This might not be right but sweating keeps your body cool because the sweat has to evaporate off the skin thus making it cool and if you go into a sauna you only lose water which decreases your body weight. Hope all that's right.

LYM.randy

CORRECT!
you sweat to keep your body cool. plain and simple

A-man147

I heard if you have healthy skin, you sweat more :shock:
Image KEvinR9

"In 1969 I gave up woman and alcohol. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life." George Best

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Lol i guess i have healthy skin. :lol:

thrillboy
Veteran Member

If you are a girl you might sweat more than guys. It has been proven that girls sweat more than guys.

floater

i've never heard that before (healthy skin linked to sweating)
"In football, the greatest satisfaction is winning when they say you can't." - Robert Paul

moucer11
New User

I sweat a lot and i dont lose weight so what do you guys think?

cjball13
New User

what i know is sweat simply cools your body and it might be true that people who sweat more have healthier skin because i know oily skin or hair keeps your skin or hair from drying. :?

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

moucer11 wrote:I sweat a lot and i dont lose weight so what do you guys think?
Do you eat a lot after?? :D

I'm not sure, do you weigh yourself right after games and you lose nothing? That would be strange, because then that means your not working hard enough! :wink: I know that I can lose between 1-4 pounds a game and I regain that throughout the week before the next game. I'm not fully qualified in this, but I think losing weight is not only sweating. I'm not the biggest sweater, and I still lose quite a bit of weight. So I'm not sure, maybe someone else will reply.
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

cjball13
New User

i think sweating is a sign of you burning calories (when you burn about 3500 calories you lose 1 pound) but i am pretty sure the fluids lost when sweating is easilly gain back after a drink and and a meal.
"Football is simple but the hardest thing to do is playing simple football."-Johan Cruijff

rzadzinski
Poland Spring Rzadzinski

3500 calories=1 pound!!! I think I have serious issues... :? :shock:
"I wear tinted visor not to trick other players, but so hot girls in stands don't see me looking at them."

-Alexander Ovechkin

soccerjunkie

you probably lose water weight but I don't think you lose more calories.