How much jog for a 14-year old?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
stevengerrard8

Dear Friends,

I am 14-years Old and I have a problem with being Slow, and I get tired extremely fast. And thus, making it slower to get past opponents, and since I am a left winger, it makes my task 100 times harder. I wanted to know how to regain all my stamina that I lost 2 years ago, and how to get faster, How much should i run? Diet? at How much % should I run (speed, i.e. Jog, Sprint).

Thanks a lot.

interista

first to get faster and slimmer i reccomend to alternate your work out everyday

day one: jog 5-6 miles, this improves your endurance

day two: do 1 mile of warm up (jogging), 2 mile of fartleks and 1 mile of cooldown (jogging), this improves your ablityto be able rest while jogging and improves your speed

day three: just do sprints, improves speed

for food don't eat junk food carbohidrates are good and you'll need a little protein too for muscle mass
Thanks jthursto for the sig

stevengerrard8

wow 5-6 miles, alright, thanks a lot interiesta, hopefully it'll help..

So I should repeat all those day 3 in the following order?

and should I do this Everyday? Or should I do it 3 days every week?

jbog91

I have a question, and instead of posting in a new thread, I figured I'd post here since it has to do with the same thing.

I'm pretty fast, one of the fastest on my team. But my endurance in crappy. What are some jogging or running exercises I should do? And I don't need like special exerices to loose wait. My motabalism is fast and I'm actually underweight. Thanks. :)

stevengerrard8

anyways guys, THANKS A LOT FOR THE HELP!

interista

So I should repeat all those day 3 in the following order?

and should I do this Everyday? Or should I do it 3 days every week?
u should do like

Monday: day 1

Tuesay: day 2

Wendnesday: day 3

Thursday: day 1
etc.
and if ur not able to run 5-6 miles cut it down to how much u can run 3-4, 1-2 miles though u will want to work up to 5-6 miles

I'm pretty fast, one of the fastest on my team. But my endurance in crappy. What are some jogging or running exercises I should do? And I don't need like special exerices to loose wait. My motabalism is fast and I'm actually underweight. Thanks.
do the same thing i wrote for the other dude it really brings up all aspecsts of running. and since ur underweight before and after every workout eat a lot of carbs.

stevengerrard8

interiesta is it ok if I run with the ball around the field (laps) on those distances?

interista

interiesta is it ok if I run with the ball around the field (laps) on those distances?
yes but do less with the ball like try 10-20 min

FLscr007
Sophomore Member

Thx, this will help a lot of people. But wat is fartek? Is that when you jog lightly then sprint or somthing else?

interista

Thx, this will help a lot of people. But wat is fartek? Is that when you jog lightly then sprint or somthing else?
exactly. you jog then sprint then jog then sprint etc. dont sprint more than u jog and dont do too far sprinting in the sprint parts.

the dribbler

Im 12 and Im one of the fastest cross country runners for my age in my city area.

If you are slow, you should do what they call fartlek running - a mixture of jog, sprint and steady pace. I train running 6km each run, so I recommend you to jog or fartlek run for about 30-40 minutes each day. Try to run evryday in the morning because then you will be all warmed up for the day.

30 minutes of jogging is about 6k, so you should run that as soon as possible. Start off running 3k first, then go up to 6km.

Fartlek running - For example, jog first 300 meters, then sprint 50 meters. Then jog again, getting your energy back. Then go fast and steady for 200 meters, then jog again. Repeat it for 30-40 minutes or over a 6km distance.

Always warm up before you run.

I hope this helps you.
Hello!

interista

the dribbler wrote: Fartlek running - For example, jog first 300 meters, then sprint 50 meters. Then jog again, getting your energy back. Then go fast and steady for 200 meters, then jog again. Repeat it for 30-40 minutes or over a 6km distance.
the ideal farlek is too sprint as much as you jog but 50 m maybe a good distance idk i do it in the country w/ telephone polls which r probally 50m-100m apart