WORST INJURY !!!!!!!

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
JDTRIXTA

What is the worst injury you have ever got while playing football :?:

The Wizard

It's not the worst injury of all time, but I bruised my tail bone really bad. Guy ran at me full speed while my back was turned and tackled me before i even got the ball. It hurt pretty bad for a while.

J
Admin

When I used to play goalie when I was younger I broke my left index fingure. I still have pins in it to this day holding it together :(

And this recent muscle strain I am almost 100% recovered from has probably kept me the longest ever from playing. I still can't kick with 100% power yet but I can finally sprint again. :)

hustler89
Veteran Member

When I was 9 (I think) I was clean through on goal and a defender came from behind tripped me up and at the same time the goalkeeper came out.

So I fell on the floor the goalkeeper kicked me in my face and my chin rubbed on the astroturf.
I guess this isn't an injury, just a bad incident.
Brings back sad memories, I am going into the corner to cry now... :(

JDTRIXTA

:o did you just get a big graze on your face :lol:

jthursto

Since i play barefoot so much i've broken both my big toes a couple times....

hustler89
Veteran Member

JDTRIXTA wrote::o did you just get a big graze on your face :lol:
Yeah, it was bleeding pretty bad and I started crying and told the coach I wanted to go home. So he gave me a cup of water and called my parents to come and collect me.
The goalkeeper felt really guilty afterwards though..

JDTRIXTA

Yer the worst i have done was brake my wrist when i went in for a slide tackle and put my arm down to stop me from falling. :( it F**king hurt

Alex
Sophomore Member

2,5 years ago I broke my toe... When I finally was recovering, I got something in my knees called "Sinding Larsen Johansen" (yes! I know that's a fu**ed up name, so don't tease me, okay? :) ) I haven't been able to play football properly since then.. So that's why I'm only able to do freestyle..

hustler89
Veteran Member

Yeah I got something below my knee too, I found out from this website that it is called "Osgood Schlatter" (Even worse name).

Everytime I play football, just below the knee, the pain is unbearable.

I started cycling to school (6 miles) and at first it really hurt, but now it is not as bad, because I think my legs are getting stronger.

peps1154
Veteran Member

hustler someone her posted a topic about Osgood Schlatter from what i remember its pretty serious and u should see a doctor.

Sputnik

info please? recently i was trying to do the 'spiderman' freestyle trick and really badly hit my knee on the floor, it gave me a massive bump that shouldnt be there just below my knee and although the pain has gone away i can still feel it more than i should hope to if i press it.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

JDTRIXTA

yer i no exactly what your talkin bout sputty.. last night wen i was at ma m8s house he kicked my and it felt like it was broken and evan though u cannot see the bruise it still hurts if u press on it.. i think its because the bone on my leg is bruised . they call it internal bruising i have had it before but it goes away after a week and a bit. :wink:

Sputnik

i still had a bump that protudes under my knee after 2 and a bit weeks :? and i havent even exercised much... oh well there is no pain when i walk anymore so thats a bonus =)
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

hustler89
Veteran Member

peps1154 wrote:hustler someone her posted a topic about Osgood Schlatter from what i remember its pretty serious and u should see a doctor.
Yeah, since it started getting serious, my mum made an appointment for me at the doctors in around a weeks time.

I'll post any medication, advice or whatever on this thread to any of my fellow sufferers. :)