The way the brain works??

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
soccerjunkie

The way the brain works??

Post by soccerjunkie » 11 May 2006, 23:38

the right side of your brain controls the left side of your body and viseversa right? so if you started brushing your teeth, holding your fork, controling your mouse, ect, with your left hand, wouldnt that make the right side of your brain work more. if it did you would get better with your left foot because it would be more dextrous...what are your thoughts on this?

B Heck

Post by B Heck » 13 May 2006, 00:34

This is a really cool question. 8) (to a science geek anyway)

Best thing I've found so far is http://www.jneurosci.org/cgi/content/full/22/7/2816
If that link doesn't work, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/quer ... med_docsum

"Long-term consequences of switching handedness: a positron emission tomography study on handwriting in "converted" left-handers."

In this study, the left brain controlled right-handers hands, but the right brain was active when lefties used their right hand.

Christopher

Post by Christopher » 16 May 2006, 00:12

I switched my writing from right to left.

When I did I noticed I was pushing my pencil across the page instead of pulling it so. I revesresed my abc's and started on the rightside of the page. If I wrote anything I have to read it in the mirror. I got bored with it and quit beacuse I didn't have anything to do with it.

**ALSO**

I found out a few months after I had gotten bored with it that Leonardo DiVinci wrote his entire journel completely reversed. Noone knows why...
I think he was obsessed with balance.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 16 May 2006, 05:26

Christopher wrote:I switched my writing from right to left.

When I did I noticed I was pushing my pencil across the page instead of pulling it so. I revesresed my abc's and started on the rightside of the page. If I wrote anything I have to read it in the mirror. I got bored with it and quit beacuse I didn't have anything to do with it.

**ALSO**

I found out a few months after I had gotten bored with it that Leonardo DiVinci wrote his entire journel completely reversed. Noone knows why...
I think he was obsessed with balance.
There is many theories to this. one (if you believe in the Da Vinci code) is he did it to escape death from the church because of some of his ideas.

But that aside When I broke my right hand I was forced to write with my left for 8 months and in doing so I was able to write freely with both hands but I never really noticed any change in any other actions of my body.

A very good question though made me stop and think lol but the brain is a very complicated organ as it has the subconcessus which we have no control over but than again there have been some very rare cases that a person is completely aware of there subconcessus thoughts after a blow to the head or other such things. (but than again I think this is complete bs)
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Orandge
New User

Post by Orandge » 16 May 2006, 23:56

hahaah thats funny

makes me laugh
Orandge

pronounced "O" randge