Knee Injury

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Magicfeet

Knee Injury

Post by Magicfeet » 10 Mar 2006, 11:37

In a game last week (one of little consequence, where we had already been knocked out of the cup, and were playing for pride), I got a pretty nasty cut along my knee.

I'd made a sliding challenge on their centreback and his studs tore a 3 inch cut across my knee. Now, it wasn't deep enough for stitches, though there was a fair amount of blood. As my leg has healed, I have slowly noticed that not only is the cut giving me problems, but one of my tendons on the back of my knee aches like hell if I put any pressure on it.

I've got a big game in just under 2 weeks, and am concerned I'm not going to be fit for it.

Any suggestions/thoughts on what I've done to my leg, or what I could do to train when I can't go jogging yet?

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

Post by cfrealmadrid » 10 Mar 2006, 21:05

i don't really know, as i haven't seen it. i'm not an expert or anything on this, but my best suggestion would be an excercise bike
Hala Galacticos

upandcoming

Post by upandcoming » 20 Mar 2006, 12:29

I also have a nagging knee injury one of those ones that go away and then come back. It is right under my knee on that little bump thing that always hurts when ever I am running and trying to play football. I am coming into the outdoor season and I need to be fit. Can anyone help.

B Heck

Post by B Heck » 20 Mar 2006, 23:07

Magicfeet, did the cut heal up okay? I just read about an outbreak of staph infections in several American football players and the symptoms reminded me of yours. Just a thought.

http://gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar ... /203200321

angel
New User

My right Knee hurts alot!

Post by angel » 05 Apr 2006, 02:52

Hey, i have a little bump below my knee and really hurts when i kick. :(
i had this problem 2 years ago and the bump will not go away! anyone knows a treatment or knows the cure :?: [/img]

Ronaldinho10

Re: My right Knee hurts alot!

Post by Ronaldinho10 » 05 Apr 2006, 11:01

angel wrote:Hey, i have a little bump below my knee and really hurts when i kick. :(
i had this problem 2 years ago and the bump will not go away! anyone knows a treatment or knows the cure :?: [/img]
Sounds like osgood schlatters ,
http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4197
http://www.expertfootball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=999

You should get it checked out by a doctor to confirm it , cos it might not be schlatters.
Hope this helps.
Without doubt.
Credit AC _Milan>* for the sig.

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 05 Apr 2006, 19:02

Hey, thanks for the replies, guys.

Cheers for the warning bheck, but I think my knee is ok now. I went for a run on it a few days ago, and it held up ok. No quick turning or anything, but I can sprint and do simple passing/shooting.

Which is nice. A pity I only have 2 more games of the season to get fit for! :cry:

angel
New User

Re: My right Knee hurts alot!

Post by angel » 06 Apr 2006, 02:20

8) Thanks ronaldinho 10, really appreciated. :D