The Beep Test

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
romania_soccer

The "beep test" is not a pure endurance, it is used to determine your VO2MAX, since the speed increases every minute or so during the test. If you don't know what it is, just type it in google and you can easily find a clear definition.
Something higher than 14-15 is really impossible (I'm not sure about that, but really high numbers like these appear vary rarely), 12 being really hard to achieve, especially for teenagers.
Immediately start dealing with it.

Ronaldinho Gaucho

I hold my school record for the beep test I got to level 17.4
No way. Only world-class professional athletes can get close to that. I think Beckham can get about 18 at best. Are you sure you were doing it over the right distance?

peps1154
Veteran Member

Hejduk and Donovan got 16's and they ar pros. 17 for someone that young rly is unpossible.

Sputnik

Ronaldinho Gaucho wrote:
No way. Only world-class professional athletes can get close to that. I think Beckham can get about 18 at best. Are you sure you were doing it over the right distance?
beckham isnt a very good example :? granted hes quite fit, but if he can do 18 then propper world class proffessional athletes should be able to easily beat that. im sure your point is correct, but beckham is a bad example.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

romania_soccer

When you say "insert athlete/soccer player name here" got "insert beep test result here", where did you get that info? Is it made up or you got some links to prove your assertion?

zizou10-5

huh?IMO Beckham is world class. lol Beckham didn't get 18, he finished the whole test n kept on running when the tape finished, this is confirmed by Rio Ferdinand n one of the old coaches in Man utd forgot his name.

Ronaldinho Gaucho

Sputnik wrote:
Ronaldinho Gaucho wrote:
beckham isnt a very good example :? granted hes quite fit, but if he can do 18 then propper world class proffessional athletes should be able to easily beat that. im sure your point is correct, but beckham is a bad example.
No seriously I heard his actual result and it was somewhere around 17-18.
zizou10-5 wrote:huh?IMO Beckham is world class. lol Beckham didn't get 18, he finished the whole test n kept on running when the tape finished, this is confirmed by Rio Ferdinand n one of the old coaches in Man utd forgot his name.
Are you sure? I thought the proper beep test was impossible to complete.

upandcoming

upandcoming wrote:I hold my school record for the beep test I got to level 17.4

Guys I am not lying I also win cross country every year and won the provincials for the 1500 I ran it in 5.31 I did the go to 17.4 in the beep test. My gym teacher was amazed and he was like I knew you had amazing endurance but I didn't know that the kind of time was possible. I am not on here to brag or n e thing and if you don't want to believe me that is fine but it is true.

Yes and no way Becks finished the proper beep test. Golden Balls is world class and I heard when he was in grade school he laped ever person in the 1500 so he does have endurance but the proper beep test neer the end will go like Beep 1..2..3 Beep. It is not humanly possible. Steve Nash the basketball player fell just short of level 18. He is an amazing athlete

Ronaldinho Gaucho

Yes and no way Becks finished the proper beep test. Golden Balls is world class and I heard when he was in grade school he laped ever person in the 1500 so he does have endurance but the proper beep test neer the end will go like Beep 1..2..3 Beep. It is not humanly possible. Steve Nash the basketball player fell just short of level 18. He is an amazing athlete
Thank you. Not even the best can complete the beep test. I think theres a 3 second gap on the last level.

zizou10-5

yes it is Lance Armstrong and Beckham can complete it, i don't think Beckham can do it now, but when he was at his peak he finished the tape.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sportacademy/hi/s ... 100261.stm

romania_soccer

Finally someone who understood and didn't make unverifiable affirmations, thanks Zizou!

J
Admin

It never said they completed it, it just says they managed to reach the top 3.

zizou10-5

8) no J, u did not read it properly, look rite below Becks pic it says Beckham: Can complete all 23 levels of the test'

J
Admin

oops :oops:

I didn't see that, I just read the article.

Ronaldinho Gaucho

Yeah your right. according to that he did complete it but I'm still sure I read somewhere that it was impossible for anyone to complete it. I'll try and find a link.