How many crunches you guys recomend me to do Im only 15

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
realmadrid4life
New User

I been working out for 5 months and I been concentrating on my abs and legs. But I think I do too many. Like 150 is that ok?????? for my age.
Someone please tell me
Real Madrid is the best team and their going to reach the 1st position in the Spanish league.

skip2dalou22
Sophomore Member

i usually do 4 sets of 50, also some planks and leg raises, im 15 also btw.

no matter how hard i work my abs, they never show very nicely, i gotta limit my junkfood lol

deano7

I am 15 i only do like, 25,20,15,10 then 10 again and i feel it works really well because i focus on each sit up to make sure i do it properly.
Never Criticise your own ability.

SV_08

You could do, like said before, 4 sets of 50. But each week you would add 5-10 sit ups per set so you are improving your strength. Since the crunches work your upper abs, leg raises would be good for your lower abs. Do 4 sets of like 20.

These sets could be modified to your physical condition.

realmadrid4life
New User

thanks guys tottally awsome dudes
Real Madrid is the best team and their going to reach the 1st position in the Spanish league.

romania_soccer

You cannot do "too many" crunches, if you really push yourself once, the next day you're not going to be able to do any ;) even if you want to, so don't worry about this, I suggest you try with sets of 25 or 50, or you may want to add weight and do sets of 10-15.
Immediately start dealing with it.

skip2dalou22
Sophomore Member

i tried adding weight, but it hurts my back alot... i dont know what to do, i could do normal crunches forever but whenever i try to increase anythbing it seems its going to my back, i think ima just try to go on a diet while doing this because no matter how much i push myself, the fat is still there and its really getting on my nerves :(

tartanbarmy7
Sophomore Member

its a gd idea guys to try progress wat you do each time that way you increase your muscles instead of just keeping fit, and never try 2 go oan a diet just try and keep eatin healty because i tryed a diet and i found i never had enough energy to actually play football because i had eaten hardly anything

SV_08

That's a good point, you would probably be better off lowering you carbs and all in the offseason when you don't need them to fuel you in football.

Speedy
New User

Crunches, are a great way to build ab muscles obviously. I suggest doing as many crunches you can at first. Then decide how many sets you want to do. If you want 4 then divide what you got the first time by 4. This will make you push yourself to perform at the same level as you regularly do when you are fresh.

Gary
New User

Treat your abs like any other muscle in your body.

You wouldn't do 400 reps for a bicep curl, so why do it for your abs?

I would recommend something similar to this:

10 X crunches
10 X oblique curls
10 X cross knee crunches

Repeat for 2 sets. If you find this easy then increase the reps up to 15 or 20. Remember to keep perfect form on each rep. Quality not quantity! Once you get used to this try finishing with hanging knee raises, planks or back extensions.

Also your abs aren't gonna show if your have a high body fat % so increase your cardio work if you need to.

calisoccer

80 crunches in the morning and 80 at night, works for me
i was recently reading a study that should core strength(abs) improved speed and overall strength