Before the Game Snack

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
illinirox05
New User

What do you recommend you eat before a soccer game and how long before a game should you start to eat it?

Maradona
Veteran Member

I am no xpert but I think probably 3-4 hours b4 da game and drink a lot
especially Water even though u aint thirsty. Hydratin ur body is very important.

Lol I'm talking like my mom now...
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

edma
Sophomore Member

take heavy food 4-5 hours before games.also drink a lot of water..eat fruit..maybe take multi-vitamin 8 hours before games..
i want to improve my football skill from dribling to shooting.plz help me...

soccerchic_06
Veteran Member

my coach always told me to eat about 4 hours b4 the game. And make sure u eat plaenty of potassiam and stuff like that b4 the game or practice. Also make sure u drink plenty of water so u can wash that food through ur system. and gatorade and that stuff to keep u hydrated

I hope this helps!!!

Maradona
Veteran Member

My friend drinks milk at half time is it good?
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

milk from cows is not that good for you and niether are multi vitamin pills, unless you absolutely no fruits and vegetables. I would also recomend water over sports drinks.

madridfc
Veteran Member

milk???! no way! stick to water. milk's gonna be sloshing around in your stomach for the rest of the game. maybe it works for him, but in general, i'd say water's the way to go.

i have also heard that protein is not good because it doesn't digest quickly, so you might still be full or something, which is not the most comfortable thing during a game
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

Gatorade or Powerade ain't too bad either.
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

I was right then water is the best but he dosn't listen to me, oh well.

Maradona
Veteran Member

dat was me above

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i always drink water or gatorade. they make this gatorade with extra electrolytes and minerals. it's called "endurance formula" or something, and that's usually the kind i drink.
Hala Galacticos

Maradona
Veteran Member

I never drink Gatorade nor any sports drink, water is the purest and the best thing you can drink doing any sports. It's 110% natural and there's no artificial flavours.

ASRoma_Casano
Sophomore Member

Maradona wrote:I never drink Gatorade nor any sports drink, water is the purest and the best thing you can drink doing any sports. It's 110% natural and there's no artificial flavours.
Well my dad makes this tradtional african food before i play ever game. it works big time. it keeps you full but dosent make you heavy and slow :o
Roma + Calcio = Soccer

Maradona
Veteran Member

Can you describe this african food, cause food is my thing.
At least the name if you don't know the recipe.

ASRoma_Casano
Sophomore Member

Maradona wrote:Can you describe this african food, cause food is my thing.
At least the name if you don't know the recipe.
well first its called ugali. you eat it with your hands, you also dip into spinach or any kind of soup you can dream up. it dosent sound or taste great but it helps alot :wink:
Roma + Calcio = Soccer