milk before a game = bad

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
joshb8807
New User

never eat milk and cereal, a dairy-queen moolatte, or any other dairy product before your game.

i did, it made me dizzy and hot, then I threw up everything in my stomach,

FCBarcelona
Veteran Member

I heard coffee was good..
FORÇA BARÇA!

"I’m a player who can do absolutely anything if I am smiling and laughing. If I’m not happy, then everything becomes more of a struggle,” explained Adriano.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah i think coffee is good cause it has caffeine which give u energy for the game.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

milk has a lot of fat, which for some reason is thrown up easier than most things. that could be the reason
Hala Galacticos

J
Admin

If you are playing the whole match coffee is not good at all. It sucks up all you're energy in the beginning and you feel drained at the end of the game.

If you come in as a sub late in the game, it might not be too bad, maybe even help you somewhat.

As for milk, i would definetly not suggest it before a game or training. i dont see how it it would help you at all, just make you feel wieghed down.

upandcoming

never ever drink milk before a game or training you will feel heavy and yes you can throw up easy.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

I had milk cookies and ice cream before a game once this week. It's just really bad gassssssssssssss and painful, cuz its hard to let out.

Christopher

Milk doesn't really bother me; I wouldn't drink coffee though, the caffeine is bad for you cardio and your stomach. Plus it alters ur brain functions.

If I had to reccomend something to eat and drink before a game I would reccomend eating citrus fruits and lots of water. That should be all you do to prep for a game.

AusSkills

well everyone probably has their own opinion on what should and should not be consumed before a game/training session. but the truth is you just need something with plenty of energy (carbohydrates) such as pasta or something like that so that your body will have the extra energy to replace what you burn during a game. also its recommended that you eat/drink these things about an hour before your game/training to prevent stitches etc. and allow the food time to digest somewhat. also you should continue to consume some sugary lollies such as jelly babies etc. leading up to the start of a game/training to further build up your energy levels and to keep you going through the game or training session

thats just my digested opinion from my experiance and what i have read about the subject

Cheers
"Understand that the ball is a sphere and that we are not designed by nature to control it with our feet. Our nature is to control it with the hand. But he who can take complete command of it with his feet will always have an edge, and win in this game"

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

i agree with ausskills, just wanted to add something. right before the game, you may want to eat something with a lot of sugars. they're burned very quickly, but they provide a good short energy spell to get your first 5-10 minutes started off right. the carbs should be eaten about 2-3 hours before the game. they burn slower, and thus last longer. maybe that was redundant, but in case anyone was interested i was just trying to clarify some things.
Hala Galacticos