Getting fit for the season ahead.

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Down here in Australia it is summer at the moment and it's really hot at the moment. I still practice skills with the ball and freestyle etc but i dont have the energy to do fitness training in the heat. I was wondering how many weeks before season should i start fitness training? I want to be fit before season starts but as i said, it is too hot at the moment. How many weeks should it take for me to get into form? (P.S. I am reasonably fit already but i know i can be fitter)

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

zizou10-5

i'm from Australia, hu acares mate jsut be dedicated, i did conditioning when it was 45 degrees.

zizou10-5

probably about a month mate.

romania_soccer

It depends how much you want to train, you can train all year round, some info here:

http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/so ... ining.html

The 4 Phases of a Soccer Strength Training Program.
Immediately start dealing with it.

af2266

some guy yelled at me...

Sputnik

:? wtf ^^^^ ???

ive heard of less is more, but this is ridiculous :)
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

deano7

MickyD#9 wrote:Down here in Australia it is summer at the moment and it's really hot at the moment. I still practice skills with the ball and freestyle etc but i dont have the energy to do fitness training in the heat. I was wondering how many weeks before season should i start fitness training? I want to be fit before season starts but as i said, it is too hot at the moment. How many weeks should it take for me to get into form? (P.S. I am reasonably fit already but i know i can be fitter)
I would say as soon as possible, just like start of with low intensity things and not doing that much and increase it everyweek.
Never Criticise your own ability.

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

ok thanks heaps for the advice guys.

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

well this is how my pre-season goes usually (for the school team):

june - light practice. we don't take it as seriously, as we're just getting done with spring league. we mainly do "fun" drills, like world cup, power and finesse, and a lot of shooting stuff. the coach doesn't get too mad if we joke around a lot, cause this is the part where we're just kind of getting to know the new players, and get back in the swing of things. pretty light by any standards

july - conditioning. this would be about 2 months before the season begins to answer your question. the first 3 weeks are like this: lifting for an hour, conditioning for 1 1/2 hours, and then the last half hour-45 min. we scrimmage to cool down, and then usually finish with 2 laps, or sprints. the final week we get a coach from another (higher) team, and a former tottenham youth scout (i think that's what he said he did, i know he's connected to tottenham somehow). anyway, we do conditioning, but a different kind. like footspeed and stuff. that's the first half of the day. the second half we work on technical stuff like finishing, passing, etc. it's a lot of fun, cause the guy knows how to joke around, but still have an effective session.

august - mandatory practice/conditioning. we usually do one half conditioning, and one half normal practice. we do sprints and endurance training (theres a nice hill right by the field), followed by strategy, technical training, and basically going over things that are specifically applicable to the team.

if you kind of look over this, you can maybe develop a similar routine. just a suggestion. if you're interested, you could pm me and i'll give you more details on the actual conditioning part. i tried to make it more specific in here, but i could elaborate. anyway, that's just what i do personally, you can build on that, or not use it at all.
Hala Galacticos