Is there something more to Football/sports then we think ???

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Is there something more to Football/sports then we think ???

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 19 Dec 2005, 22:40

Ok I've said it before I used to take Martial Arts and one of our daily exercises was to work on our (Chi or Kai) as they call it.

Chi or Kai is the life force of a person sort of the Yin & Yang if you well of your body now when I started I thought this is a bunch of crap but just for the heck of it I kept it up then soon when we had to spare I found myself in a whole other state of mind I would get this strange feeling in my body a sort of flame and a tingle I knew what was gonna happen 10 secs. before it ever did when I would land a blow it felt like part of my soul/life went into it and after the match I could feel this weird I don't know uh... like burn in my palms and legs and I would be so out of it for a while.

Now this is what brings me too football sometimes when I play get the same feeling like when I get ready to make a goal or do a side-kick I see whats gonna happen before it even does it's like I know what the ball is gonna do and this made me wonder is there something else in your body some sort of Kai that if you tap into you could unleash something powerful ?
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 19 Dec 2005, 22:46

I dont know if there is something else in ur body but this happens to me also. I see the ball going towards me and my mind shows me the move I will do from a spectactors point of view and I do it, then the move is perfect without it it is hard to properly exacute moves.

B Heck

Post by B Heck » 20 Dec 2005, 18:38

In the Zone, the Zen of Sports by Andrew Cooper

http://www.shambhalasun.com/Archives/Fe ... heZone.htm

mustahfa10

Post by mustahfa10 » 21 Dec 2005, 22:10

great post bheck, i read that article, and i must say, that was very interesting. I understand the whole micheal jordan thing and his amazing tre's during the portland game, that was simply amazing. He didnt even know what was happening

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 22 Dec 2005, 00:33

Yeah I played like that once in my life.I just had that wonderfull feeling of being great and everything I did was done to perfection, and it was all high level, the best part is that I din't think about it. It was wonderfull- the best feeling (and I mean that) I had ever had. Unfortunatly I never achived it again since. Maybey someday.

sumsoccerkid

Post by sumsoccerkid » 22 Dec 2005, 01:10

Wow that was soo interesting. What i want to ask you guys, if you achive this "zone" on a somewhat regular basis, what do you do to achive this? Whatd o you do before a game, what are your "rituals"? I dont have any unfortunatly but i would love to start one, just so i can get myself focused more, so i can play all together better.

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 22 Dec 2005, 02:33

When I achived this I was just having fun, and nothing else, I wasn't thinking about this but was doing this.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

Post by Mr.SoccerMojo » 22 Dec 2005, 14:18

I wasn't thinking about anything at all I was empty headed.
I see the ball going towards me and my mind shows me the move I will do from a spectactors point of view and I do it,
Well when this happens to me I see it from my view not the spectators.
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

Christopher

Post by Christopher » 22 Dec 2005, 15:05

I know what your talking about. Sometimes I might find myself cooler and more fuild with greater speed, power, and flexiblity. When I kick the ball I feel like I'm putting on a river with strong current or a really powerful jet stream. When I run, I feel comfortable and fluid with no lack of power or energy for burt or distance, as if I could run at full throtle for hours. I automaticly know where everyone on the field is and what they are doing.

I asked a man I go to church with, that teaches Physical Edjucation for the local college, "Why do I sometimes feel stonger and cooler even though its hot outside and I'm running around in the sun?", and he said that it was realated to, "how much blood my heat was pumping." He said that when I had enough blood pumping it would, "cool my skin more effetivelly than just sweating alone" Apparently, I start to relax too, once my heart reaches a certain level. I'm not sure exactly how to get my heart to do it but I'm getting closer. I've been working really hard lately, my power level has been going through the roof. This next season I'm gonna be a force..

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Post by XstaticX » 30 Dec 2005, 17:23

I have a few moments of kai or chi. I call it "being in the zone." I don't remember what I did before the game, I just went in and scored 5 goals on one of the highest scoring teams in our league. I think at the same time period I had made friends with two very hot blondes, I don't know if that has anything to do with it :D

But my "in the zone" experiences, though they've been few, I've just felt like I was so devoted to the game, there was nothing else in my mind and I just enjoyed playing the game so much, I just let my inner instincts guide me and I made great dribbling and shots. I would like to know a bit more about kai though.

deano7

Post by deano7 » 30 Dec 2005, 23:34

I remember having this feeling once, i kinda played like it was my last ever game, so i guess you gotta play like it is your last game all the time..