Whats the Quickest way to burn fat?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
ezza_44

i jus wanted to know if any one knows a quick way to burn fat and like what to eat...i go and train at the park every morning and afternoon but i havent changed much jus got a bit faster?? Any help would be appriciated.thx :)

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

here's how to burn fat:

when you run, or do any other type of vigorous physical activity, you body needs energy. it's kind of a basic fact. so first, the body uses up the sugar, because it burns quickest. then it moves on to the fat. all you need to do is about an hour of sprints, jogging, dribbling/agility drills, etc. and you should burn a noticeable amount of fat in the first few weeks. don't do more than an hour or two at a time though, because as i was saying (and i wanted to make a point of putting it this way, so i could get to this next point), your body burns sugar, then fat, and then it moves onto the muscles. there's a lot of complicated reasons it can hurt you, and a few complicated reasons this would help you, but basically what i'm saying is this: do about an hour or two of your normal conditioning routine (if you don't have one, there are plenty in other threads here) and you'll notice the fat beginning to disappear.

regarding nutrition:

there's actually a whole section of the forum dedicated to nutrition. there's some really useful information over in there, so try to find out more from that, and if you've got any specific questions, post them then.

hope this helps.
Hala Galacticos

Teppy
New User

have you ever heard the atkin way of losing fat? That's true about our body will burn sugar before burn fat. So why dont' we stop eating sugar, I mean in carbonhydrat form?

you stop eating cardbonhydrat about one or two day, then train. During that time, just eat protein or fat. That's the way because cardbonhydrat support sugar, which we fat-man hate most. It's just about the matter of discipline here.

Then you will reconize the fat disappearing so quick!

Good luck!!

Ronaldinho10

Teppy wrote:have you ever heard the atkin way of losing fat?
Please do not use the Atkins diet it has been scientifically proven to damage your health and it is definetely not a good diet for a footballer.
If you want to burn fat just eat healthily play lots of sport and be aware that you would lose loads of fat overnight - its a gradual thing.

expert
Site Admin

Ok Teppy, first of all you need make a clear distinction. Is your goal to lower your body fat or lose weight? There is a difference between the two.
If you want to lose weight, burn more calories than you take in.
If you want to lower your body fat here are a few things:
1. Percent-wise, your body burns more fat during aerobic training (long distance running) compared to anaerobic training (sprints). BUT since the intensity of aerobic training is always less compared that of anaerobic training (sprints, weightlifting), it is not as efficient for burning fat.
2. As you get fitter aerobically, your muscles adapt and require less energy to do the same amount of work. This makes burning stored energy slower - you'll have to run longer distances to burn the same amount of fat.
3. With anaerobic training (high intensity) you burn more energy for the same period of time but you will also probably build up muscle which is heavier than fat.
From my experience and from all the literature I've read, Fartlek exercises and interval drills seem to be the most efficient ways to burn stored fat.
Last edited by expert on 02 Apr 2006, 14:20, edited 1 time in total.

matt
EF Forum Legend

Teppy wrote:have you ever heard the atkin way of losing fat?
Did you know that eating a high fat diet such as the Atkins diet makes your skin produce a nasty substance called....something or other (acetone?) which is secreted through your sweat glands. Whatever substance this is, it happens to be very flammable - one spark, say, from a cigarette, is enough to set your entire body on fire.
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like.

ezza_44

thanks alot 4 the advice guys..cheers:)

haraldo
New User

You have to continue to eat carbs. When you're resting your body burns almost only fat and when you're working out at very high intensity it burns almost only carbs. When you're intensity is in the midle of rest and max intensity you burn approx 50-50. What you should do is to eat less carbs but not stop eating carbohydrates. A 80 kg man can store 4800 calories of carbs in the body. It will take you atleast 4 hours of training to burn so many calories. If you eat less carbs the body will burn a higher percent of fat.

The body usually burns fat and carbs but when you're carbs store is empty you'll burn protein/muscle insteat of carbs. So eat less carbs, but continue to eat it if you want to keep your muscles. And be patient and train hard and you will lose fat.

romania_soccer

The longer you do an aerobic exercise, the higher the % of fat used for the required energy. I'm not too sure about the percentages, I remember I read it in a book, I'd have to check.
Immediately start dealing with it.

realmadrid4life
New User

Hey guys try the new " the abs diet" that will help you a lot. They will tell you what type of foods burn fat whille running, walking or even sleeping!!!!
you can find it at themenshealth.com

Good luck and viva la futbol
Real Madrid is the best team and their going to reach the 1st position in the Spanish league.

ronaldinho91

to be honest u burn alot more fat if you do indoor cardiovascular work ie futsal or basketball because u sweat more

waynroony

so, what will happen if you burn all of your body's carbs.. you burn muscle (sounds brutal) i like my muscle! and i want to keep it how do i know if i am burning my muscle???
Is there a reason ur reading my post and not playing soccer???

romania_soccer

No matter what type of exercise you do, especially aerobic, you'll burn off muscle. You cannot change or reduce the % of muscle burned.
Immediately start dealing with it.

bigboss

I have the same problem. I want to lose fat but not gain any muscle. My legs are so beefy from sprints that they seem heavy and clumsy since I don't really run long distance.
People think I'm crazy because all I do is play soccer. Maybe they're right. I do play soccer in rain, sleet, snow, 100 degree weather, on the beach, in my basement, in my room......

steve-0
Veteran Member

i'm not really sure, but i think a lot of running salad and lettuce and tomatos and like ranch dressing/ italian./ a salad.