Can i get Abs?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Becks7
New User

Christopher wrote:Just start cardio trainning.
what's cardio training ?
"You can't just play football. You've got to have the sway" - Robinho , Brazil

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Becks7 wrote:
Christopher wrote:Just start cardio trainning.
what's cardio training ?
Cardiovascular Endurance is the efficiency with which you are able to get oxygen to the working muscles while removing metabolic wastes during a long slow distance workout. Simply stated, cardiovascular endurance is how well you can keep your "oxygen debt" (how much oxygen you owe to your heart and muscles) down, during a cardio workout.
Cardio or aerobic training activities (such as running, skating, cycling, etc.) are ways to improve your cardiovascular endurance.

lil italy
Veteran Member

a good way to strengthen your abs is to lie on your back, then for 30 secs lift your legs straight up(so your shape is 90 degrees)
then at 45 degrees hold for 30 secs
then hold your legs 2 0r 3 cms above the ground for 30 secs.
once you get better at this you can do it longr.
hope this helps

CruzAzul19
New User

that thing you were talking about lifting your legs at 90 degrees and go down really works the ab muscles, they made me do those in middle school and they work great, another thing you can do i forgot what it's called, but you need a buddy to help

First lay on your back and lift your legs to 90 degrees then have your friend grab your legs and toss them toward the ground at an angle (gently) and stop your legs that are together before they hit the ground and lift legs and repeat but alternate left to right and straight.

Hope that helps any

upandcoming

CruzAzul19 wrote:that thing you were talking about lifting your legs at 90 degrees and go down really works the ab muscles, they made me do those in middle school and they work great, another thing you can do i forgot what it's called, but you need a buddy to help

First lay on your back and lift your legs to 90 degrees then have your friend grab your legs and toss them toward the ground at an angle (gently) and stop your legs that are together before they hit the ground and lift legs and repeat but alternate left to right and straight.

Hope that helps any

ya that is a great drill for the abs i do that all the time. to get a complete ab work out get your partner to throw them to the left, then to the right, and last to the middle. That way all your abdominals are getting worked and not just 1 side. O ya and CruzAzul forgot to tell you you need to hold your friends ankle well he's thowing your legs or it is useless

CruzAzul19
New User

yea i forgot about that part

Azureus
Sophomore Member

jonny55 wrote:what's the bycicle criss cross?
-Have your hands behind your head so your elbows point out.
-Lift both legs to 90 degree angles (butt still on ground)
-Bring your left leg back towards you and touch it with your right elbow.
-Repeat but right leg to left elbow.

It's a good workout. You really feel the burn.

jl0305

do crunches or sit-ups, they really work. i used to do 50 a day and now i have a 6 pack(not very clear tho)

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

peps1154 wrote:I dont know if iM right but I think that working out on abs is also gona make u loose the fat, seems like common sense to me.
Nope, thats incorrect. I used to think that, but working out the abs make your mucles bigger and toned, but it does NOTHING for the fat on top of your abs. Thats why you need cardio for the complete package. (You also need strength training if you are older, because it helps boost your metabolism!)

(Note: I know this is a really old topic, but I believe people can still benefit from this.)

milanese
Veteran Member

Do weighted crunches and some leg liftings stuff like explained earlier, or spell the alphebet with your legs.

If you want to see your abs you have to lose the stomach fat with cardio.

mufc21
Veteran Member

yes

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

mufc21 wrote:yes
Sorry, mufc21, but what, exactly, are you refering to?

zachariah87
Sophomore Member

I know what the bicyle is but not the bicyle criss cross... The plank is also known as the bridge too. You can also do bridges for you sides. I do abs five days a week and for football abs are important. Make sure you also work on lower back which also good. These two muscle groups are important for balance. If you work your abs for example and not your lower back you can over compensate for your abs not balancing you out. Do leg raises, bridges (planks), and crunches. All work well!
"I'm sure sex wouldn't be as rewarding as winning the World Cup. It's not that sex isn't good, but the World Cup is every four years and sex is not." Ronaldo, Brazilian player

mufc21
Veteran Member

he said "can i get abs?" and im saying yes

zachariah87
Sophomore Member

i agree with mufc21 and concur by saying yes!
"I'm sure sex wouldn't be as rewarding as winning the World Cup. It's not that sex isn't good, but the World Cup is every four years and sex is not." Ronaldo, Brazilian player