How come I can play better in cold...

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

How come I can play better then other people in cold dark and damp weather than when it's hot. I mean even when it's 30' outside?
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

prtglsoccerfan22

im not sure. i would think to train in that kind of weather so u are prepared for it in games. wear underarmour or whatever its called and thats keeps u warm too.
-Marcus-

peps1154
Veteran Member

maybey u don't play better? Maybe ur friends play worse. But seriously everyone I belive has periods in the yera whern they are better then other times. I noticed that Im at my best during the spring and whenever playing by artificial light.

Mr.SoccerMojo
Veteran Member

I live in the south and even in the fall the average temp is about 74.
I'm talking about when the weather is all dreary thats when I play my best I play good in the spring,summer & fall but I play at my best when it's cold and I was just wanting to know if it's all mental or something else
Those who race towards death
Those who wait
&
Those who worry

J
Admin

I bet the reason you play better when its cold is because you have more energy. When its hot out, you get drained of energy and water much more quickly. It could also be your genetics. I also play much better when its cool or cold out.

henry23
New User

when it's cold out, there's more oxygen in the air, because cold air holds less moisture, and more pure oxygen.
Why do you think teams hate playing in Mexico's stadium? because they aren't used to the thin air and extreme heat while playing.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

yeah me 2 soccermojo i love playing in cold weather rainy weather etc. i play extremely well but when its hot i dont play as good. J i think ur right dude cus i tend to lose more energy in the heat or i feel suffocated. some of my teammates joked with me ... sayin hey kevin its freakin freazin ur gonna score huh. hey english man whats the average temperature in england.

Piccadilly

actually j, you have less energy because you have to burn a lot of calories to keep youre body warm. believe me i know.
12-2-1 with 4goals and ten assists

AusSkills

i think its more of an atmosphere thing. Some people prefer to play in the cold such as myself, mainly cause playing warms me up and i can cool down again just as quickly when i stop playing. While some people may prefer to play in the warm spring weather, though i cant for the life of me understand why, maybe they are cold blooded.
"Understand that the ball is a sphere and that we are not designed by nature to control it with our feet. Our nature is to control it with the hand. But he who can take complete command of it with his feet will always have an edge, and win in this game"