Feeling Guilty

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
rrcalcio
Sophomore Member

Is there anyone else who has felt like guilty after theyve skipped a training session during the week? I dont know if this is right but whenever i take a day off i feel low and like i've lost the edge. Has anyone else ever felt this, and if so wat have u done?

madridfc
Veteran Member

what do you mean skipping? why? because of an injury, too much school work, didn't want to go? if its an injury, you shouldn't feel bad at all. The same for school work. that should be your top priority (if you're in school). can you describe in more detail what you're feeling? then we'll be able to help you out better
olé

"I wouldn't say i was the best manager in the business, i was in the top one."

rrcalcio
Sophomore Member

no, i just take a day or two off a week cuz i train so hard during this week. I don't want to overrtrain so i take a couple days to rest. I'm one of those people who train very intensely, so when i don't train i feel bad.

J
Admin

Dont feel bad at all. It happens to alot of people. You are supposed to let your body rest anyway because that is when you gain all your strength. The same thing happens to me sometimes when i skip training. I start to feel bad about it and dwell on it, but i always find myself back at full strength very shortly.

If you train very intensly, then make sure that you take a day or two off a week or switch the workout up (work your upper body out on the days you let your legs rest or do light jogging on those days, nothing too intense). Letting your body recover from workouts is essential.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

i train intensely as well, and i have never done that so i wouldn't know. but i can understand what you mean by not feeling like going. cause that happens to me sometimes, but i just suck it up because i know it benefits me. don't feel guilty, you have to listen to your body.

RG900
Veteran Member

no not really cuz i know da coach doesnt care and he know dat if i skip one day its not gonna affect me really
RAMI 07

AHull
New User

I think what you have there is called "The Champion Drive" when you want to train everyday to be the best without exception.
Five days shalt thou labour, as the Bible says. The seventh day is the Lord thy God's. The sixth day is for football. ~Anthony Burgess