6 pack

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

I wouldn't say that I have a "true" six pack, but because I am quite skinny, all of my muscles are very defined. That just means that you see my muscles more because I'm skinny.

yuio

Everyone has a six pack even if your skinny or over weight its just the amount of fat covering it. if you want your abs more defined just do various Ab workouts to work your obliques, upper abs, and lower abs.

cjball13
New User

yes, you do have abs somewhere underneath all that fat :shock: jk :) .but seriously you should not only work on losing fat but to also gain more mass in you abs. i dont have a list of the excersises but i heard situps is actually the most ineffective excercise you can do.(gasp!)

avyay4barca_911

What are some good excersises too lose fat?
'I would not be bothered if we lost every game as long as we won the league.' - Mark Viduka

soccerchild27

are you serious, I heard that under 12% wasn’t healthy, because u basically have no fat, so that means no energy. but I can see my ab muscles(not really six pack, but visible muscle, and im over 12% definitely.[/quote]

hey I’m 8% body fat and I have a six pack it was 8 but one of them got soooo small so really it looks like seven, the are all staggered and stuff. I thought I was really skinny but nope 8% is all me. I am 130lbs and 5'10ish, I have no pecks but I know how to get them.

My aunt heard that Olympic athletes have 8% body fat so I guess I’m good.

hey avyay, all you need to do to do is work your core. When I was in 5th and 6th grade I’d do 200 sit-ups/crunches. I always scrawny but I found it fun, plus the girlies likey.

In school we do core training with medicine balls. It sounds wimpy maybe but it really works. Here's whatcha do:

Stretch w/ ball:
5x-hold the ball over your head, arms almost locked and slowly bend from right to left. Keep your feet on the ground at shoulder's length.

5x-again hold the ball over your head. this time bend forward like you are doing toe touches. Also keep your feet apart. Then come back up. You don't have to hold it or anything just go up and down

Workout w/ ball:
2 sets of 10x-squats, hold the ball over your head and squat down knees at a 90 degree angle. Make sure that you have a good base (with your feet) and don't put your weight on your heels.

2 sets of 25x-sit up toss, just as it sounds, lie on your back with the ball over your chest then sit up and throw the ball. In gym we have partners but when I do it at home I just use a wall. keep your feet about a foot away from the wall. wait for the ball to come back to you, catch it, and then go down and do it over again.

30 secs- lie one your back with your feet directly above you as straight as possible. hold the ball above you head, then put your arms back so the ball is behind your head. your arms should be as straight as possible. then bring the ball to you legs, try to touch your toes with it, but don't actually hit your toes. and then repeat as many times as possible in the second 30 sec

30 secs- again lie on your back with your legs in the air. this time just do the toe touch part of the last one. make sure to keep your arms straight. I got about 40 in my gym class.

2 sets of 25x- elbow sit-ups. lie down on your back with your arms to your sides now do a sit up but don't let your elbows off the floor. I keep my legs straight but some people bend them. It's up to you. I’d do the harder one when you find out which is harder.

there's a few of the better ones if you want the rest I’m sure I can get them to you. If there are any corrections or suggestions you'd like to make just let me know. hope this helps.

oh yeah running your "butt" off is a great way to loose weight. And remember that by not eating you are only hurting yourself and will not actually lose any fat. -my mom is doing south beach :wink:
Image Credit to stephez

"Train and never stop dreaming.If you have a dream, you must give EVERYTHING for it."-Ronaldinho

ryantodd
Sophomore Member

wouldnt the medicine ball mess up ur wall wen u throw it for the sit ups

ajc
The Philly Flyer

soccerchild27 wrote:are you serious, I heard that under 12% wasn’t healthy, because u basically have no fat, so that means no energy. but I can see my ab muscles(not really six pack, but visible muscle, and im over 12% definitely.
Many professional athletes aspire to have as little body fat as possible. Some players in the NFL even have less than 1 percent body fat, and they are in no way unhealthy.

soccerchild27

ryantodd wrote:wouldnt the medicine ball mess up ur wall wen u throw it for the sit ups
Well if you chuck it at it sure... but i have a cement wall in my basement that i can use. and i haven't had anyproblems with dry wall so...i don't think you would inless you are trying to kill your hizzle. For shizzle.
Image Credit to stephez

"Train and never stop dreaming.If you have a dream, you must give EVERYTHING for it."-Ronaldinho

dareliss
Veteran Member

lol :D not healthy my friend has only 3 prcent of body fat he weights 210 punds and he is 6.6 its nothing wrong with less body fat its actually good he plays basketball and doctors checks themevery month and measures their body far it doesnt meansno fat no energy i have 5 procent of body fat trying to get to 2 procent it would be great you actually can run faster and other stuff cristiano ronaldo has only 3 or 2 i dont remeber, and that its nottrue that you have six pack under fat you have very small muscles but then you work out on them regulary you born you stomach fat and you muscles growths and you start seeing it you can get six pack in moth if you work out everyday and use protein.

soccer4life23
New User

Here are some ab workouts that I do every morning. It works great and it's very easy!! Just remember that as you do these, pull your abs in tight!

-Torso twists
-Pilates~100's
-Kneeling Pull-ins~get on all fours and make sure that your knees are under your hips and your wrists are below your shoulders. Extend opposite arm and knee, then bring your elbow to your knee while pulling in your abs.
-Plank Position Holds
-Crunches~you can vary them alittle each time--extend one leg while doing your crunches, bicycling(arms behind your head, bring elbow to knee), and you can set your legs on a chair to work your abs more.
-Full sit-ups(go all the way up)--larger range of motion, therefore more energy expended, and more calories burned

Hope this helps!
Soccer is life--it's the law. Plain and simple.

thrillboy
Veteran Member

Some people's 6-packs are just natural. I am 15 years old and i rarely do situps, unless in P.E when I do like only 15. I have a six pack and so does my freinds brother.
Procrastination is like masterbation, it feels good at first, but in the end youre just f'ing yourself. :lol:

adnankhan
Veteran Member

thrillboy wrote:Some people's 6-packs are just natural. I am 15 years old and i rarely do situps, unless in P.E when I do like only 15. I have a six pack and so does my freinds brother.
i know 4 of my friends who had six pack since when they were 8 and they
didnt even do nothing...now they r 13 .and now their abs are bigger than mine....that really ticks me off....

CarragherIsLegend
New User

Okay, I've seen a whole lot of stupid replies here so I needed to clean them up.

There is no one with less than 1 percent bodyfat. I'm pretty sure theres no one with less than 2 percent either. Essential bodyfat (what is needed to still be alive) is 2-5% from Wikipedia. Anyone claiming less is either trying to brag, or is a moron.

If you want to have visible abs the only solution is to lower your bodyfat. As basically as possible this means:

Calories Eaten < Calories Burnt

Now this doesn't mean that if you eat 1000 thousand calories you need to run so much that you burn over 1000. Each persons body burns calories just doing its daily functions. This is your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR). To find this go to here: http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/.

As far as calories eaten, you can't go without eating and expect to lose that fat. When you don't eat your body goes into starvation mode effectively stopping your metabolism. This can also cause loss of muscle which is the last thing you want. The general rule is to eat at least 10x your body weight if you're trying to cut fat (you should eat more if you're still young as your body needs the calories and nutrients to grow). Slow and steady is the best course for fat loss and you should be aiming for around 2lbs of fat loss per week at maximum.

If you implement a good workout program (make sure to include weight lifting as it'll help you retain muscle), and eat clean foods you'll be on your way to that 6-pack.

Now this is very brief, so if you're really looking to lose some fat search online. There are many great sites and information out there to aid you and help clarify some of the things I've said. Lastly, having a 6-pack won't make you a better soccer player, so be sure to keep the ball on your foot!

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

... wow. That was a wicked post, my friend. I think you should stick around here for sure.

P.S. Nice username. :wink:

Milano
New User

Lol...It seems like a few people want to post up pics of their abs....