Muscles hurt after 5 min of running

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
gabe23180
New User

my team runs for 20 minutes and i have some problems my muscles start to hurt after 5 minutes of running. i stretch very good and my breathing doesnt get hard so i dont get tired. can anybody help me?

Hustler

lol same problem wid me.. i just push my self to a limit.. eventually ul get use 2 it.. but help would be appriciated.

karlofootball10
Veteran Member

your muscles will hurt the same after 15 min. and 5 min. my legs never really hurt, but i lose my breath a lot.
if a quiz is quizzical, then what's a test?

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

my team has to run 40 minutes, with sprinting every 5 minutes for 20 seconds. then we'll stop and do some sprinting drills like tons of them, run for another 5, and then do some more sprinting. i never get muscle aches or anything and i always feel fine cause im in good shape but my point is, everyone on my team can keep up. i think what ur problem is, is ur not eating enough vitamin E or D. ur muscles tend to get tired when they do not receive these kinda foods. also, when u say u run fine its just ur muscles and ur not out of breath, but maybe u just dont think ur out of breath because ur too concentrated on the pain in ur legs. u say u stretch a lot, but EF cannot tell what it is "alot" for u. i always come 15 minutes to get that extra stretch before running. try running some wind sprints at home

anj
New User

do you start with a proper warm up, like run at speed slightly faster than walking to get ur heart rate up. That might help. Then stretch it out.

rockinu
New User

You just aren't eating right. Eating healthy is very important. You can't just eat junk, especially for futbol. In other words you are what you eat, if you eat alot of fat, guess what, you probally are fat. In the other hand, if you eat good you perform good. And drink alot of water. You might be too dehydrated. Don't beleive all this low carb diet, high carbs(the good carbs) enhances endurance when you're playing, while low carb well make you fatigue. Also you have to be mentally fit. Follow through and never loose your grip.

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

thats pretty good advice i should follow it . man but i cant run right now or do that much exercise because my hip is extremely sore

pancake man
New User

rockinu wrote:You just aren't eating right. Eating healthy is very important. You can't just eat junk, especially for futbol. In other words you are what you eat, if you eat alot of fat, guess what, you probally are fat. In the other hand, if you eat good you perform good. And drink alot of water. You might be too dehydrated. Don't beleive all this low carb diet, high carbs(the good carbs) enhances endurance when you're playing, while low carb well make you fatigue. Also you have to be mentally fit. Follow through and never loose your grip.
Yeah you need to fill up on pancakes to REALLY be good.
Pan cakes are a nutritious and tasty way to supplement your footballer lifestyle!

Christopher

Yeah when I don't eat enough of my vegitables I have the same problem. Your problem is most likely diet related.

My fruits are for speed.
My vegis are for endurance.
:)

It doesn't sound like your dehydrated, but you don't wanna drink cokes or anything like that just in case, ya know. Stay away for soft drinks. Juices are fine, sports drinks are good, and water is my fav..
Last edited by Christopher on 10 Sep 2005, 21:57, edited 1 time in total.

Christopher

pancake man wrote:
rockinu wrote:You just aren't eating right. Eating healthy is very important. You can't just eat junk, especially for futbol. In other words you are what you eat, if you eat alot of fat, guess what, you probally are fat. In the other hand, if you eat good you perform good. And drink alot of water. You might be too dehydrated. Don't beleive all this low carb diet, high carbs(the good carbs) enhances endurance when you're playing, while low carb well make you fatigue. Also you have to be mentally fit. Follow through and never loose your grip.
Yeah you need to fill up on pancakes to REALLY be good.
what kind of pancakes are you eating?