gaining weight?

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
sOcCeRKiD11

gaining weight?

Post by sOcCeRKiD11 » 15 Aug 2005, 04:18

im a stick

i wanna know wut i shud do and eat to gain like 10 more lbs on on me?

jdefoe
Forum groupie

Post by jdefoe » 15 Aug 2005, 17:15

This is what you do. Go out an buy powdered protein, and make yourself a milkshake (put the powder in the shake) and add ice cream, yogurt or whatever you want. Mmmmmmm. basically by making your own milkshake, you are tripling your daily protein intake making it easier for you to gain weight. Also eat lots of pasta and complex carbs. Doing this with a specific weight training program to help you build muscle, you will gain weight in no time.

*yung-ital*
Pending Mod

Post by *yung-ital* » 15 Aug 2005, 19:01

drink pure milk. works like a charm
KevinR9 Thanks Bruvva

sOcCeRKiD11

Post by sOcCeRKiD11 » 16 Aug 2005, 01:36

where do i buy powder protein? can i get it in that supermaket?

can u give me the workout plan

i wanna gain wieght but i want those weights to b muscles not fat

pive valderrama

Post by pive valderrama » 16 Aug 2005, 01:40

u should go to the gym and work out... or just work out at home

got a bike go out and bike forlike 30 min straight

search for excersices that build muscle theres a lot!!!! u can find em online

and then thats bout it then u get results eventually and its all good
colombiano por siempre...

J
Admin

Post by J » 16 Aug 2005, 03:24

If you are 16 years old or younger, i would not worry about how much you weigh. Things could and probably will change the older you get. Let your body naturally develope. I wouldnt suggest taking supplements to rush things. In my opinion you should just eat healthy (fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish, whole grains) and have an excellent work ethic. You should keep in mind nothing comes easy or overnight. You have to work hard and be discplined to achieve your goals and get quality results.

Ryan08
New User

Post by Ryan08 » 16 Aug 2005, 18:32

hi mate,i would say if you are over 16 get a decent diet sorted as stated plenty of protein and complex carbs.For bulking you want around 1.5grams of protein for every pound of bodyweight,combine this with a good weight regime working each bodypart once a week and you will gain, i had the same problem a couple years ago was reeased from the norwich city academy for not being strong enough im naturally an ectomorph ie tall thin so it was difficult but stick at it.hth

chris

coop8

Post by coop8 » 16 Aug 2005, 18:36

here's a ton of info on gaining wieght and bulding muscle.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclegain.htm

upandcoming

Post by upandcoming » 16 Aug 2005, 21:02

J wrote:If you are 16 years old or younger, i would not worry about how much you weigh. Things could and probably will change the older you get. Let your body naturally develope. I wouldnt suggest taking supplements to rush things. In my opinion you should just eat healthy (fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish, whole grains) and have an excellent work ethic. You should keep in mind nothing comes easy or overnight. You have to work hard and be discplined to achieve your goals and get quality results.

I am 15 but play with a 16 team so once the season started I started to life weights and stuff because I have to get bigger or else I would get pushed off the ball to easy... I've gained 7 pounds in the last month but am still 6 foot and only 139 pounds so I need to keep working I feel

af2266

Post by af2266 » 16 Aug 2005, 21:04

sOcCeRKiD11 wrote:where do i buy powder protein?
you can buy any protien powder at pretty much any vitamin shoppe.
some guy yelled at me...

B Heck

Post by B Heck » 16 Aug 2005, 21:42

sOcCeRKiD11 wrote:where do i buy powder protein? can i get it in that supermaket?

can u give me the workout plan

i wanna gain wieght but i want those weights to b muscles not fat
Assuming you are in the USA, Costco has a very good 100% whey protein that is about half of what you would pay at GNC. Protein powder is just a supplement to bump up your protein. You need to eat real food 5-6 times a day and get 40 grams of protein at each meal. 1 or 2 of those meals can be protein powder or meal replacement bars like MetRX ($$$ and yuck!) if you have lots of money but no time. 4 egg whites + 1 whole egg made into omelet or scrambled (mix in salsa, diced meat, etc.) for breakfast. 2.5 hours later, have a protein shake and some fruit. 2.5 hours later, a turkey sandwich. 2.5 hours later, another protein shake, 2.5 hours later, chicken or fish, 2.5 hours later 5 hard-boiled eggs or whatever. Subway sandwiches have decent protein. Precooked chicken breasts are easy to nuke and eat. Tuna fish. Cold cuts. Lean ground beef added to spaghetti sauce (1lbs per 1 jar) is good for 3-4 servings over pasta. Make sure to have a post workout protein shake made with protein powder and dextrose or gatorade powder right after you train to replenish carbs and muscle protein. Lots more 40 gram protein food ideas here: http://maggiewang.com/bfl/Recipes-male-400calorie.pdf

As for weight training - the following plan is quite good for athletes looking to gain speed and strength: http://www.defrancostraining.com/articl ... stside.htm

I was 135 lbs at 16 when I started using weights, 155 pounds at 17, and 175 pounds at 18, fast as heck, could dunk a basketball although only 5'9" tall, and could lift and move the rear end of a Dodge Colt.

sOcCeRKiD11

Post by sOcCeRKiD11 » 17 Aug 2005, 14:43

thxs but im 15 5'2 110 lb

i need to get taller and weight a lil more

Maradona
Veteran Member

Post by Maradona » 17 Aug 2005, 15:11

Well I need to lose weight. I'm 14 5'10" 190 lbs

B Heck

Post by B Heck » 17 Aug 2005, 16:06

sOcCeRKiD11 wrote:thxs but im 15 5'2 110 lb

i need to get taller and weight a lil more
Gaining weight is pretty easy compared to getting taller. There is a possibility of optimizing your growth hormone production (GH) over the next year or two. GH is the hormone that tells the bones to grow longer and muscles to get larger. GH levels drop when insulin goes up. Insulin goes up when blood sugar goes up. Therefore, avoid sugar [J gets a big grin] and keep simple carbs low. Eat frequent small meals to keep your energy levels up without spiking blood sugar and insulin. Keep protein high to build muscle. Exercise also stimulates GH release. The biggest GH releases occurs after high-intensity exercise such as sprinting or weightlifting. Fasting for several hours and deep sleep also cause a GH release, so don't eat a carbohydrate rich meal before bedtime.

But how does a fifteen year old do all this? Learn to shop and cook for yourself. Your parents will be thrilled.

Kevin

Post by Kevin » 17 Aug 2005, 22:42

coop8 wrote:here's a ton of info on gaining wieght and bulding muscle.
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/musclegain.htm
interesting site ...

I'm actually interested in buying some products on that site. Do some of you guys have experience with some of the products that are on the site ? (at this link the best products for soccer are shown:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/soccer.htm)

I would like to buy a product that will strength my physicall condition, so I would be able to run longer during a game (ofcourse I don't want to take illegal products, and they shouldn't be dangerous for my health !). I've actually just turned 16 and I have grown a lot a year ago or something, and im still facing problems with doing muscle exercices and just playing a game (im out of breath rather quickly, and im rather thin and my muscles aren't developped yet). I'm pretty shure my body is now at the moment to develop muscles, as I don't grow anymore but I would like to speed up this process a bit, only by a healthy way ofcourse ...

So taking proteins are good for your muscles ? Anyone has got experience with it ? Do you get trained muscles with it ? I don't want to get "fake muscles" lol if that exist ...

And what product would you recommend to have a bether stamina ? Does taking vitamines help ?

Any help is much appreciated, cause im really dealing with this a lot and it's my main problem in my soccer carreer. If I don't get 100 % physicall condition, then I have no use of my soccer skills ...