Home gym

Physical conditioning, injuries, nutrition and everything related to fitness
desire10
Veteran Member

Home gym

Post by desire10 » 03 Aug 2011, 10:31

Hey guys.

Soon I'm going to be investing some hard earned money on a home gym. http://www.factoryfast.com.au/p/multi-s ... t_shipping - so far I'm thinking this one. I was just wondering how long you think that weight range will last me? It maxes at nearly 150 lbs. Will this be enough to last me into my later teenage years, as I get stronger. I'll be doing low reps (no more then 12 to start with for mass, then for strength with no more then 5).
Everything you need, is already inside.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 03 Aug 2011, 19:27

it should be fine i imagine the pro's like ronaldo and eto'o stop somewhere around 200 if even that far.

Wadjet
New User

Post by Wadjet » 15 Aug 2011, 04:36

lol sure if you don't want to gain anything and waste your time and money. 150 lbs is absolutely nothing. get a gym membership or instead of buying that worthless home gym. buy a used bench, with some used weights and a bar, some used dumbbells, some elastic bands, a jump rope, and if possible a used squat rack. those are all the equipment you need to hit every major muscle group and build some real power. they
all are very easy to find too (depending on where you live) if you live in the U.S you can find it all on Craigslist and with a 370 dollar budget that's plenty of money.

anyways you seriously wont gain anything from using womens weights. a lot of people complain about their genes and stuff being a factor but if you're lifting like a women you're going to look like a women. to build strength and power you need to be lifting some heavy ass weights. cristiano ronaldo and messi bench and squat a pretty outstanding amount of weight and it's way above 300lbs squat (bench i do not know)

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 15 Aug 2011, 04:42

this guy doesn't read well. went all the way to talk about squats when that machine obviously doesn't include it. if gym was an option then i would go with that but that machine will server you well.

desire10
Veteran Member

Post by desire10 » 16 Aug 2011, 05:42

I posted on bodybuilding.com's forum about all this and my situation, and they've also played down the home gym I'm looking at. They reckon I will out grow it way to quick.

I'm still not ruling out the home gym, but within my budget I can afford just over 90kg of weights with 2 DB's and a BB, as well as an adjustable bench. This seems a better option at the moment.
Everything you need, is already inside.

feski25
New User

Re: Home gym

Post by feski25 » 15 Jan 2013, 17:27

Hello Guys i think that Home Gyms are pieces of home fitness equipment that let you achieve a level of fitness that normally you would have to join a club for. Home Gyms tend to be multi-station units with a variety of exercises based on pulling or pushing a designated level of weight.Thanks a lot!!